Bradford Presser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Its because the rebuilt ligament hasn't fully being adopted into the body in a process called "ligamentization". That's where basically whatever tissue you replaced it with gets changed into ligament tissue by the body. So the blood supply and nerves aren't fully built up - which is why it didn't hurt.

Very cool. Thanks for the info.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That was really hard to watch. I'm sure it was harder to be Sam there but MAN. Tough deal.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I cried on behalf of Sam and all of you guys. I'm glad he'll be around and part of the team

fearsomefour

Legend
I feel badly for Bradford and really hoping he makes a full comeback and has a further career, whether that is with the Rams or not.
Part of the disappointment and pain is the expectation....the expectation of being able to be one of the best in the world. So far, that is unfulfilled.
The reality is (and I hope Sam remembers this) his life is still good.
He could be having his second knee surgery and wondering how soon he can get back to his horrible job on the loading docks.

A55VA6

Legend
Damn.. you really gotta feel for him. He looks absolutely torn. Sad to see..

He's handling it well though. Nobody should ever question his mental toughness.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Drives me nuts when people talk bad about him. They guy is such a class act. Even if you don't think he's the right guy for this team, you have to respect him as a human being.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
*sigh*. Get healthy and go tear up the league Plunke....err, I mean...Bradford.

rams2050

Starter
Gosh, I feel so badly for him. I hope he recovers and comes back even better than he was this pre-season. I would love for him to lead the Rams to a Super Bowl title. Wouldn't that be a great story -- and outcome for Sam?? (And us, too, of course)!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Has anyone ever seen a case where a guy has a torn ACL and describes it as pain free?

It almost seems like he is in denial that he has a injury.
Actually it was semi explained when he first did it. (That first night he had told teammates "he was okay".) They said the blood didn't hadn't quite built up around that ligament (the circulation) and the nerves weren't built up to have a complete range of feeling. So he gets a "numbed" feeling. It's nice that it isn't as painful, but sometimes pain tells you what is going on and he can't feel it.
I feel for the guy and hope he finds a way back.

Edit: Now I see someone has already said this in a much better way. Sorry.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Drives me nuts when people talk bad about him. They guy is such a class act. Even if you don't think he's the right guy for this team, you have to respect him as a human being.
I used to....the ankle injury, plus the check downs...I was upset...I told an internet buddy of mine that I'd give him 2 years.and that was in 2013..Now, he gets a pass as long as he's a Ram...Seriously pulling for this dude....Good things happen to good people, most of the time...All Sam & fans have to do is ride this out...Lets not pull another Kurt Warner and run this guy outta town....So, give him his rehab time, let him go on the pup list if necessary in 2015...Look at Percy Harvin...Davis of the Panthers...Bradford is finally ready, just gotta get right...

Kohl420

UDFA
Name
Kohl
I feel badly for Bradford and really hoping he makes a full comeback and has a further career, whether that is with the Rams or not.
Part of the disappointment and pain is the expectation....the expectation of being able to be one of the best in the world. So far, that is unfulfilled.
The reality is (and I hope Sam remembers this) his life is still good.
He could be having his second knee surgery and wondering how soon he can get back to his horrible job on the loading docks.
It's still everything he's strived for in his life. Despite the paycheck, it may have just sunk in for him that he may be defined as only a great college quarterback.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Especially in sports, a player's career can be defined by a few moments. Sam saw this season unfolding before him and saw one future developing. And in a flash, this year and perhaps his entire career may become defined by that moment.

It's a damn shame because I think we all saw him having a career year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's still my QB 2015. My Sammy "Golden Boy" golden jersey will be on my back come Sunday at the Dome, too.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I feel for him. Physically I think he could come back and play. But on the mental side I don't know how he can play the game again without the fear of injury. If it was me I'd be a jitter bug back there.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
The man is a class act. Hope he gets healed and comes back next year.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Has anyone ever seen a case where a guy has a torn ACL and describes it as pain free?

It almost seems like he is in denial that he has a injury.

Personally I find Bradford's account altogether real and am somewhat puzzled that you would question it. It was confirmed by the reaction of the Rams staff and players-- they thought he was ok at the time.

I also thought he showed a lot of mental toughness in answering the press questions. There is no doubt about how painful that was!

FYI, I tore up my ACL and two other ligaments years ago. The ACL repair has apparently failed. I'm not even sure when or how it happened.

I do think he can come back all the way, and may still be the Rams' best bet going forward. They have a few short years to make a run with this team. I doubt they will find and develop another quarterback as good as Bradford while that window is open. Let's hope Sam can return and be the QB we saw last year and this preseason. I'm rooting for him!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
My heart bleeds for Sam, this video is totally heartbreaking, there are moments where I just think he's thinking "what have I done to deserve this?" I mean the guy has taken so much flak in his career especially about his contract - which isn't his fault, but the system's. I hope he stays a Ram and gets back to his best, if not better - apart from physical rehab, IMO, he's going to need mental re-booting after this.

One question I have for you guys, in the ACL operation, if a cadaver's ligaments are used, does it depend on the cadaver how successful the operation is? What I mean is if Sam gets ligaments from a 70 year old beer drinking, chain smoking' couch potato, will it be as good as for example a healthy and fit 20 year olds ligaments?

One thing is a positive for me though - the guy is still young and has time - we're here for you Sam

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Really feel for the guy, seems like a genuwine nice person... But it's time to draft a QB in the 1st me thinks

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Man that was hard to watch... I love me some Sam Bradford. Dude is not only a class act but just a good person. I don't think we'll be waiting for him this off season unfortunately and will go another direction and have him as a backup if he accepts a pay cut ofc. He's such a class act he just might do it TBH.