Bradford GIF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
811357057_medium.gif

Wow. Looks like the same reaction all of us have to the offense and play-calling. Ironically, he's sitting next to the man in charge of that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, that was my exact reaction after every offensive snap.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
jrry, do you still think Sam is better than Luck?

Really, it's not even close. It's actually sad to watch Sam. And I really can't put my finger on what happened here. In his rookie year he showed so much promise. Now, he looks totally shot. No confidence at all. There is such a tentative vibe to his game that has gotten worse since last year. The contrast in the way Sam plays and the way Luck plays is startling. Heck, even Tannehill looks so much better than Sam. I have no idea how much Shotty has to do with Bradford's problem, but it's not something that is going away without a major change, if ever. People are comparing Bradford to Sanchez now because of the Shotty connection. But, Sam is a high character guy. He's so different than Sanchez in terms of dedication. Still, Shotty failed with both of them.

My guess is that Bradford's best chance to make it in the NFL is as a reclamation project for a QB guru. I just don't see him making it in STL, not with this staff. And I doubt that this staff is going anywhere for a while.

Another problem that I have watching this is that Fisher is watching it too and you'd think he'd recognize that Shotty isn't very good. Actually, it's both scary and sad.

Anyway, I am curious if you reconsidered you view on Bradford compared to Luck.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have always supported Bradford's potential but he has had the worst coaching in the NFL and it is hurting him. It may have hurt him for good. He looks terrible.

I posted on one of the forums a while back that being safe, checking down and not making mistakes by taking risks has been pounded into his head for so long that it has become a permanent part of who he is. He plays scared again now that his Oline has suddenly turned to shit.

Coaching changes and philosophies are needed badly. First you cannot fix broke down washed up Olinemen and have a good line. You have to have imaginative gameplanning to be affective in the NFL. Boudreaus Oline is not getting it done and he has to be part of the evaluation process that brought these guys in, or else it is his coaching. Schott just plain sucks. I recall posting on RRF that I didn't think he had it in him to take advantage of his new weapons. Again I was laughed at, even though I was right. The coaching is awful and sadly teams seem to have the Rams figured out on all facets of the field.

Sam is damaged goods and he seems to only trust one of his receivers which is bad. Last year he trusted SJ, Amendola, Gibson, and Pettis and they played better.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Elmgrovegnome said:
I have always supported Bradford's potential but he has had the worst coaching in the NFL and it is hurting him. It may have hurt him for good. He looks terrible.

I posted on one of the forums a while back that being safe, checking down and not making mistakes by taking risks has been pounded into his head for so long that it has become a permanent part of who he is. He plays scared again now that his Oline has suddenly turned to shyte.

Coaching changes and philosophies are needed badly. First you cannot fix broke down washed up Olinemen and have a good line. You have to have imaginative gameplanning to be affective in the NFL. Boudreaus Oline is not getting it done and he has to be part of the evaluation process that brought these guys in, or else it is his coaching. Schott just plain sucks. I recall posting on RRF that I didn't think he had it in him to take advantage of his new weapons. Again I was laughed at, even though I was right. The coaching is awful and sadly teams seem to have the Rams figured out on all facets of the field.

Sam is damaged goods and he seems to only trust one of his receivers which is bad. Last year he trusted SJ, Amendola, Gibson, and Pettis and they played better.

Yeah, this isn't going to change with Fisher banging his hand on the table and demanding improvement.

The Rams FO understood they were on the major stage last night. They put everything into it, and they failed.

I believe there is more talent on this team than at least a dozen teams in the NFL, so why is it underperforming?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Such a perfect gif i had to make it my sig.

Psycho_X

Legend
jrry32 said:
811357057_medium.gif

Wow. Looks like the same reaction all of us have to the offense and play-calling. Ironically, he's sitting next to the man in charge of that.

He almost spikes it into the ground but stops short. Was that right after the failed Pettis touchdown or the interception in the endzone?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Psycho_X said:
jrry32 said:
811357057_medium.gif

He almost spikes it into the ground but stops short. Was that right after the failed Pettis touchdown or the interception in the endzone?
I know. I keep watching it over and over hoping I get to see him finish his throwing motion culminating in a spiking of that book into the ground in front of him, but he pulls it back instead. That's good I guess. If he can maintain his cool in the face of that debacle, then he'll always be the last person to show that he's given up.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm tired of the same conversation pieces over and over again...but being at the game it is incredible how the receivers DON'T run routes downfield with separation and how fast the offensive line collapses.

It's incredible how many tipped balls Bradford has...but the thing is it keeps happening because the pocket has collapsed and the only place to throw the ball is in the flat. It's pathetic.

had

Rookie
Looks like he wanted to snatch the pages right out of that binder. A lot of frustration. Is it frustration from having his error(s) pointed out, when in his mind, he's doing what they're asking and it's not working?

One thing that occurred to me last night, when this offense breaks from huddle, they barely clap, and don't break huddle as one unit. No bid deal?

Another thing is that it seems to me that Bradford, when he's touched/grabbed by a rusher, goes fetal very quickly. He doesn't try to wriggle free.

I think there's no doubt that the crossroad of Bradford's career approaches. He's fighting for his career, for his NFL life.

I think he's going to have to grow up now, right now, and take control of his future. I think he's going to need to channel that frustration, put his game face on, and demand more from this offense.

It's a total mystery to me if he has it in him.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
had said:
Looks like he wanted to snatch the pages right out of that binder. A lot of frustration. Is it frustration from having his error(s) pointed out, when in his mind, he's doing what they're asking and it's not working?

One thing that occurred to me last night, when this offense breaks from huddle, they barely clap, and don't break huddle as one unit. No bid deal?

Another thing is that it seems to me that Bradford, when he's touched/grabbed by a rusher, goes fetal very quickly. He doesn't try to wriggle free.

I think there's no doubt that the crossroad of Bradford's career approaches. He's fighting for his career, for his NFL life.

I think he's going to have to grow up now, right now, and take control of his future. I think he's going to need to channel that frustration, put his game face on, and demand more from this offense.

It's a total mystery to me if he has it in him.

A lot of NFL teams don't break the huddle together.

The GSOT guys didn't break the huddle together.

fearsomefour

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU said:
I'm tired of the same conversation pieces over and over again...but being at the game it is incredible how the receivers DON'T run routes downfield with separation and how fast the offensive line collapses.

It's incredible how many tipped balls Bradford has...but the thing is it keeps happening because the pocket has collapsed and the only place to throw the ball is in the flat. It's pathetic.

And this is really it. Rewatching the game last night and freezing where you could see downfield very rarely were receivers open. People complain about Pettis but right now he is our best receiver. I will say the same thing about Bradford I said about Warner (not compairing them) when he got chased out of town by injuries and bad coaching....the dude didnt forget how to play QB. The only way the Rams can fix the passing game at this point is to fix the running game. Playing from behind all the time with no running game Ds can mix rushing 3 and dropping a 2 level zone (check downs) or come with hell fire blitz (check downs).

Sum1

Hall of Fame
fearsomefour said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

And this is really it. Rewatching the game last night and freezing where you could see downfield very rarely were receivers open. People complain about Pettis but right now he is our best receiver. I will say the same thing about Bradford I said about Warner (not compairing them) when he got chased out of town by injuries and bad coaching....the dude didnt forget how to play QB. The only way the Rams can fix the passing game at this point is to fix the running game. Playing from behind all the time with no running game Ds can mix rushing 3 and dropping a 2 level zone (check downs) or come with hell fire blitz (check downs).

Makes you realize just what exactly Steven Jackson DID do for this team.

had

Rookie
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I might be having a premature senile moment, but I could have sworn reading, during the GSOT days, that the offense took special care to clap out of the huddle as one. That not only did they break huddle together, but they made it a point to do so.

Maybe I dreamed it up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jrry32 said:
811357057_medium.gif

That GIF shows a lot

It looks like hes about to let it rip, and slam it down but opts for dumping it off

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Sum1BTRthnU said:
fearsomefour said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Yeah, the Rams had a sterling record during his tenure. :bummed:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
dieterbrock said:
jrry32 said:
811357057_medium.gif

That GIF shows a lot

It looks like hes about to let it rip, and slam it down but opts for dumping it off

:lmao:

Good one!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
had said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I might be having a premature senile moment, but I could have sworn reading, during the GSOT days, that the offense took special care to clap out of the huddle as one. That not only did they break huddle together, but they made it a point to do so.

Maybe I dreamed it up.

Hmm...my memory could be hazy as well...but I seem to recall center and WRs leaving the huddle often before the rest of the players.

Either way, it ISN'T uncommon to see it done that way...and isn't something to worry about. I mean, really...would the Rams have been a better team last night had they broke the huddle together?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The gif shows a lot, I'm not one for assuming usually, but you can't look me in the eye and say that Bradford wasn't five seconds away from throwing that on the ground before he saw Schott right there and decided better of it.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
ramsince62 said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
fearsomefour said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Yeah, the Rams had a sterling record during his tenure. :bummed:

They sure as hell were able to run the ball though, weren't they?

Gee I don't know, perhaps if we had a capable back LIKE Jackson (who was productive with a crappy offensive line all those years) perhaps the new weapons we added would be a threat!

I'm not talking about the 'what', I'm talking about the 'why'.