Bradford doing a bit of Texas Trollin...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sam Bradford’s trip to South America includes spreading the word of ‘horns down’
By Frank Schwab | Dr. Saturday – Wed, Apr 3, 2013 2:53 PM EDT

hornsdownresize.jpeg

The picture at the top of this post is tremendous. Even Texas fans might get a laugh out of it. Nothing like a former Heisman Trophy winner teaching people in South America who have no idea of the Texas-Oklahoma rivalry how to do the "horns down" sign.

Sam Bradford, the 2008 Heisman winner for Oklahoma, recently went on a trip to South America. He went with old high school buddy Jeff Ragan, who chronicled the trip on for the web site of the company he founded, Kize Concepts, which is a healthy snack food company.

Ragan wrote about the trip, which included a trek to the lost Incan city of Machu Picchu. Here's Ragan's explanation of what happened after they met some of the locals:

"We got back to the campsite and said goodbye to our porters as they weren’t making the climb the next day to Macchu Picchu with us. None of them could speak English but we had a nice exchange through Paul’s translation and they took a horns down picture with our crew. It was a great and hilarious moment as they had no idea what was going on but you could tell it brought a lot of joy and laughter to them."
Nothing quite as funny as a group of non-English speakers in the Southern Hemisphere giddily throwing the "horns down" sign.

Texas coach Mack Brown, who has voiced his displeasure at the sign, surely won't like hearing that a group of South Americans will be passing it along to future generations as a cultural lesson they learned from a few Americans, including a famous football star, who were passing through. But it is hilarious.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/sam-bradford-trip-south-america-includes-spreading-word-185326123--ncaaf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html</a>

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's great.

BTW Macchu Picchu is in my bucket list.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
RamFan503 said:
That's great.

BTW Macchu Picchu is in my bucket list.

Mine too. My workout buddy just got back and another friend has a trip planned for there this Fall. Can't wait to make that climb myself.

Psycho_X

Legend
Think that was one of Steven Jackson's big offseason adventures a few years ago also. Bradford must be getting travel advice from his old RB.

I love it!
Sam's a Sooner born, and a Sooner bred!
He may wear blue and gold now, but he still looks great in "sooner red".

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
slinginsamfan said:
I love it!
Sup girlie! Haven't seen you in a while.

Nice poem too.
Was that intentional?

The Dude said:
slinginsamfan said:
I love it!
Sup girlie! Haven't seen you in a while.

Nice poem too.
Was that intentional?

Still lurk and keep up with the "legit" news and "credible" discussion always present on ROD. But, it is a little intimidating to be the only female (I think) among all you "guy" football gurus. My participation involves more of an emotional connection with the team, and yes, Sam, than any real knowledge or capable break down. I do feel like we're in for a really great 2013 season. Things are coming together... Fisher, Shotty, Sam finally in the same offense for a second year, improving Oline (and I know what Sam can do behind a really good Oline), WR's achieving the potential Fisher and the FO saw before last draft, hoping for an awesome 2013 draft (clear-cut weapons and playmakers), effective camps, dedicated players, dominating preseason, and at least a 10-6 regular season. RAMS ON THE VERGE OF GREATNESS!

Poem wasn't really intentional. Noticed it (the rhyming) myself, thought it was a little "cheesie", but said what I wanted to say. Thought maybe no one else would notice, but of course I underestimated you again.

Go Sam!!! Go Rams!!!