Bradford does some surprise throwing during 11-on-11/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

Bradford does some surprise throwing during 11-on-11

• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_e7acbb6b-bd21-570f-a16e-298e64334f65.html

As advertised, Sam Bradford took part in a pair of seven-on-seven throwing drills Friday during OTAs at Rams Park. But as an added and totally unexpected bonus, Bradford also took part in an 11-on-11 hurry-up _ or 2-minute _ drill.

Coach Jeff Fisher had indicated Thursday that Bradford most likely would be held out of 11-on-11 drills during the OTA sessions in June as a precaution as Bradford completes his rehabilitation from knee surgery last fall.

But either Bradford did some lobbying, or the Rams merely felt good enough about where he's at physically to have him he participate in the full "team" session. At one point Friday, Bradford even scrambled a few steps to his right because of pass-rush pressure and completed a short pass to tight end Jared Cook.

One of Bradford's most impressive throws during this period was a deep out _ with some heat on it _ to wide receiver Justin Veltung.

Wearing a brace on his surgically repaired left knee, Bradford also threw touchdown passes to Cook and Austin Pettis during a 7-on-7 red zone period.

"Obviously, it's good having Sam back just for team morale and everything," Pettis said after Friday's practice. "Sam is one of the better players on this team clearly, and he's a leader out there, especially on the offensive side.

"So just having him back in the huddle, we're kind of more in our comfort zone. . .and we're able to click a little bit better. Him being back, especially as soon as he has, is definitely a positive for everyone."

* * *After missing Thursday's practice with an excused absence, C Scott Wells returned Friday.

* * *There was some chirping between WR Kenny Britt and CB Trumaine Johnson on Friday but no scuffles.

* * *Safeties Christian Bryant, Mo Alexander, and Matt Daniels, as well at LT Jake Long, DE William Hayes, and RB Chase Reynolds, sat out Friday's practice.

* * *With Long sidelined, Mike Person worked with the starting unit at left tackle; Sean Hooey did so on Thursday.

A55VA6

Legend
"One of Bradford's most impressive throws during this period was a deep out _ with some heat on it _ to wide receiver Justin Veltung."

"Wearing a brace on his surgically repaired left knee, Bradford also threw touchdown passes to Cook and Austin Pettis during a 7-on-7 red zone period."

"At one point Friday, Bradford even scrambled a few steps to his right because of pass-rush pressure and completed a short pass to tight end Jared Cook."

Very, very nice.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
* * *There was some chirping between WR Kenny Britt and CB Trumaine Johnson on Friday but no scuffles.

Good.

jap

Legend

They don't want The Fisher King acting as prosecutor, judge, and jury against them.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
"One of Bradford's most impressive throws during this period was a deep out _ with some heat on it _ to wide receiver Justin Veltung."

If this doesn't bring Albe out of hiding ,I don't know what will!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah @Alan Come out and Playay.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I want to see Britt get into it with Dick Sherman. I bet Britt could whup his ass!

I'm not a fan of needless penalties... But seeing someone bust Sherman's chops would be worth 15 yards and a down :sneaky:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I wish our secondary learned how to mess with people like Finny could. Doesnt seem they picked up his skills in that department.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm going to have to disagree. While I can't say that I wouldn't succumb to the temptation of rubbing someone's nose in it, I want the Rams players to be better than that(and me). Sure, burn the opponents on plays and beat 'em on the scoreboard, but do it with class.

I HATE Courtland Finnegan tactics. They're no different than Steve Smith tactics. Or Golden Taint. While I understand it's a part of today's game, I really can't stand all the smack talk.

Barry Sanders, Larry Fitzgerald, Kurt Warner...there are lots of guys to choose from if you want to emulate class on the field. I'd certainly rather see Britt act like Fitzgerald instead of T.O. when(if?) he burns the Seahawks secondary.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was thinking the same exact thing when I read that lol

RamzFanz

Damnit
When the rams get into heated exchanges constantly, they seem to get beat. They are young. They seem to lose the over the top emotional games.

F. Mulder

Starter
When the rams get into heated exchanges constantly, they seem to get beat. They are young. They seem to lose the over the top emotional games.

I agree with this. Under guys like Linehan and Spags I would love to have seen more outward emotion but the combination of some of these younger guys combined with the intensity Fisher and Co seem to instill and you often get too many guys looking for knock-out punches and either getting burned or penalized by going over the top. Add to that what Williams will bring and it really will be up to the coaches AND the team leaders to keep these guys on the edge without going over. Defensively Long, JL, etc have to keep them under control while Bradford needs to ensure the same on Offense. I wish we had another obvious Offensive leader. Long? The area it usually falls apart is on special teams where guys just seem so hell-bent at making the kill hit they cost the entire team.