Bradford Contract Talks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's a bid in to change the names from "Rams Talk" to "Trollin' on the River".

The Post Dispatch rules, all you guys are just jealous. Oh and Bradford sucks, the Rams should draft a QB at #2 overall.

Signed:
Bernie Miklasz

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
One could argue Bradford is ripe for extension. I mean, it's a gamble for both sides.

If he has a huge year in 2014, he'll cost a lot more.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I think we will sign him to a less than stellar contract and Sam realises he is here for the teams future and that extra wiggle room with financials. The BIGGEST COMMON MISCONCEPTION is that his contract per year is SOOOO PRICEY. If you actually look at what we pay him vs. other starting QB's its actually not bad at all.

I think Fisher said that... Great point Rammer

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Hey, go easy on RamsTalk, they're the reason several other Rams forums were birthed. ;)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ams-will-take-a-quarterback-with-second-pick/

Snead says there’s no way Rams will take a quarterback with second pick

Posted by Mike Florio on February 21, 2014
snead1-e1331402033697.jpg

If a quarterback is taken with the second overall pick in this year’s draft, it won’t happen because the team that currently holds the selection has picked one.

G.M. Les Snead said during a Friday interview with Pro Football Talk on NBCSN that the Rams will not use the No. 2 pick on a quarterback. He said that the Rams will nevertheless scout the top quarterbacks, primarily in connection with the question of determining the potential value of the second pick.

Snead added that Sam Bradford will indeed be the team’s quarterback over the long term. In a separate interview with Pro Football Talk on NBCSN, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said that he came to St. Louis two years ago in part because of Bradford, and that Bradford will remain the team’s starter indefinitely.

Bradford has two years left under his rookie deal. Fisher said the Rams don’t need to extend the contract in 2014 or 2015 to reduce Bradford’s cap number.

While a lot can happen between now and 2016, it seems clear that Bradford will remain the starter, in 2014 and beyond. It’s even more clear that the team that picked Bradford with the first overall selection in 2010 won’t be taking another quarterback with the second overall pick in 2014.
But it's all a smokescreen! GMs always lie! Cap hit! Caaaaaaap hiiiiiiiiit!

*puts on fake mustache*

I am totally another poster, and I agree with everything this poster just said! God, he's sexy!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey, go easy on RamsTalk, they're the reason several other Rams forums were birthed. ;)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ams-will-take-a-quarterback-with-second-pick/

Snead says there’s no way Rams will take a quarterback with second pick

Posted by Mike Florio on February 21, 2014
snead1-e1331402033697.jpg

If a quarterback is taken with the second overall pick in this year’s draft, it won’t happen because the team that currently holds the selection has picked one.

G.M. Les Snead said during a Friday interview with Pro Football Talk on NBCSN that the Rams will not use the No. 2 pick on a quarterback. He said that the Rams will nevertheless scout the top quarterbacks, primarily in connection with the question of determining the potential value of the second pick.

Snead added that Sam Bradford will indeed be the team’s quarterback over the long term. In a separate interview with Pro Football Talk on NBCSN, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said that he came to St. Louis two years ago in part because of Bradford, and that Bradford will remain the team’s starter indefinitely.

Bradford has two years left under his rookie deal. Fisher said the Rams don’t need to extend the contract in 2014 or 2015 to reduce Bradford’s cap number.

While a lot can happen between now and 2016, it seems clear that Bradford will remain the starter, in 2014 and beyond. It’s even more clear that the team that picked Bradford with the first overall selection in 2010 won’t be taking another quarterback with the second overall pick in 2014.

The writers at rotoworld will be crushed by this news. As well as all the other fantasy football geek bloggers. They have been death riding sam non stop.

jjab360

Legend
But it's all a smokescreen! GMs always lie! Cap hit! Caaaaaaap hiiiiiiiiit!

*puts on fake mustache*

I am totally another poster, and I agree with everything this poster just said! God, he's sexy!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Valid point!

I'm not in favour of extending him yet.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
What the hell? Is this like Madonna developing a British accent?
Have a sense of humour and let some colour into your life. Perhaps enjoy a soft drink in an aluminium can, if there's enough petrol in your lorry.