Bradford Contract Talks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Rams GM Les Snead told reporters on Friday that contract talks with QB Sam Bradford are “ongoing and active,” per Nick Wagoner.

All this nonsense before saying that we had no intention of signing Sam to a contract extension.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Personally, I would wait to see how this next season goes for him before giving him an extension. He has 2 years left on his contract correct?

Personally, I would wait to see how this next season goes for him before giving him an extension. He has 2 years left on his contract correct?

Yeah, I think that would be best for both parties, Rams get wiggle room if he does't become what they think he can be or gets injured and Sam gets to prove he is what he thinks he is.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This can't be true. A national fish wrap hack said otherwise.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Remember those reports that Bradford wouldn't restructure? Ramstalk went nuts over that.

Well the whole story is that he won't restructure unless they extend him. And, he doesn't want to extend until after he shows that he's healthy and plays through this year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yeah, I think that would be best for both parties, Rams get wiggle room if he does't become what they think he can be or gets injured and Sam gets to prove he is what he thinks he is.

The only downfall would be that we could probably extend him to a much cheaper contract now compared to if he has a great season next year. But with how much we are already paying, doubt we would see much of a difference lol.

But yea, right now it is best for both parties. Make or break year IMO.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Remember those reports that Bradford wouldn't restructure? Ramstalk went nuts over that.

Well the whole story is that he won't restructure unless they extend him. And, he doesn't want to extend until after he shows that he's healthy and plays through this year.

Ramstalk is nuts to begin with :LOL:

Bradford is being a man about the whole thing, wants to show what he can really do before getting paid. Glad he isn;t demanding like some diva's.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Bradford is being a man about the whole thing, wants to show what he can really do before getting paid. Glad he isn;t demanding like some diva's.

Exactly

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

Lol hes making like 17 million this year whats there to demand. He was the highest paid rookie in the history of the NFL.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Lol hes making like 17 million this year whats there to demand. He was the highest paid rookie in the history of the NFL.

lololol Touche!!!! He will make more money not restructuring and extending for now. Very good point Junkie!!!!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

He's actually not making 17mil this year. That's his cap hit.

He's making just over 14mil. There's a difference between cap hit and salary.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I think we will sign him to a less than stellar contract and Sam realises he is here for the teams future and that extra wiggle room with financials. The BIGGEST COMMON MISCONCEPTION is that his contract per year is SOOOO PRICEY. If you actually look at what we pay him vs. other starting QB's its actually not bad at all.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sign before he gets expensive!!! His salary ain't bad at all for the level he was playing at.

Bradford for prez...

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It's a regular troll pit...

I can't even read the headlines without getting pizzed most of the time.
I'm half convinced some of the worst trolls there are P-D employees, trying to keep hits up in the forums.