Bradford Confident He'll Be Ready For Training Camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Bradford confident he'll be ready for training camp
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_bca5795b-6058-5ebf-9552-a535e7ad8229.html
It was a big relief for Bradford to learn there was no other damage to the knee. Other than the torn ACL, the knee was clean. That’s in contrast to Washington QB Robert Griffin III, who suffered tears to both his ACL and his lateral collateral ligament (LCL). The LCL tear complicated Griffin’s surgery, as did the fact that he had undergone previous surgery to repair the same ACL while in college at Baylor.

Also keep in mind that RGIII’s surgery a year ago took place nearly two months later than Bradford’s in the NFL cycle — on Jan. 9, 2013. So those trying to compare the two surgeries are talking apples and oranges.
The highlighted portion is pretty good news to me. I thought Bradford's injury was on par with RGIII's but it's much less significant and he got his surgery done two months earlier than RGIII. I thought it was going to be a close call and probably to be safe, Bradford would have to miss some preseason. This news makes it seem that training camp wouldn't be out of the question. Color me geeked.

RFIP

Dedication:
Reggie Scott is the Rams’ head athletic trainer and is the point man so to speak on Bradford’s recovery. Five days a week, every weekday, Bradford is at Rams Park working on the knee under the tutelage of Scott.
“It’s usually a pretty long process between the rehab and my workout,” Bradford said. “I got here a little before 9 (a.m.) and finished right before I came to talk to you.”

Which was at 1:15 p.m.

“So it’s a pretty full morning,” he said.

Humor:
“I think this is the first time I’m getting to experience a St. Louis winter,” he said, smiling. “But really it hasn’t been bad. I think the biggest thing is you’re a little bored because obviously everyone’s not here.”

Even the Rams’ coaches are off for another week.

“Instead of being here all day (as is the case in season), you’re only up here for half a day and then you go home,” Bradford said. “And it’s not like you want to be on your feet, so you can’t really go do anything.”

Not to worry. Training camp will be here before you know it.

Disdain:
Bradford has yet to watch the play on game film, and doesn’t plan to.

“No. I don’t even want to see it,” Bradford said bluntly. “No.”

RFIP

The highlighted portion is pretty good news to me. I thought Bradford's injury was on par with RGIII's but it's much less significant and he got his surgery done two months earlier than RGIII. I thought it was going to be a close call and probably to be safe, Bradford would have to miss some preseason. This news makes it seem that training camp wouldn't be out of the question. Color me geeked.

Yes there are a lot of nah sayers, haters really, and conspiracy theorists around internet boards saying things like 'Sam must have had a set back because the Rams are scouting QB's" this, to them, will be a cold water treatment to the face,

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Yes there are a lot of nah sayers, haters really, and conspiracy theorists around internet boards saying things like 'Sam must have had a set back because the Rams are scouting QB's" this, to them, will be a cold water treatment to the face,
Those same people are such Bradford haters that they are just looking for any excuse they can to hope the Rams get a different QB...because we all saw how much better our pass offense was with Clemens

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That insight between the RG3 surgery and Sam's was very incouraging. He'll be ready.

RFIP

That insight between the RG3 surgery and Sam's was very incouraging. He'll be ready.

I have one question I'd like answered just out of curiosity. Did they use Sam's hamstring for the acl ligament or that of a cadaver?

My wife had her ACL done by the Steelers famed physician Dr Freddie Fu in 02' and they used her hammy. She was back playing competitive softball in 3.5 months...and all she had was ME leading her rehab, LOL! She did go to PT after the first 2 months or so.

Anyhow, haven't seen it posted anywhere as to where Sam's doc got the ligament. Anybody?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Organ_Dealer.jpg
I have one question I'd like answered just out of curiosity. Did they use Sam's hamstring for the acl ligament or that of a cadaver?

My wife had her ACL done by the Steelers famed physician Dr Freddie Fu in 02' and they used her hammy. She was back playing competitive softball in 3.5 months...and all she had was ME leading her rehab, LOL! She did go to PT after the first 2 months or so.

Anyhow, haven't seen it posted anywhere as to where Sam's doc got the ligament. Anybody?

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Those same people are such Bradford haters that they are just looking for any excuse they can to hope the Rams get a different QB...because we all saw how much better our pass offense was with Clemens

So... every quarterback who isn't Sam Bradford is only as good as Kellen Clemens?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

That's a good question to ask Jim Thomas theough his chat questions.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'd prefer they get that "phone book" treatment mentioned in another thread.

wrstdude

Rookie

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Got this on an update from NFL Mobilw on my phone. It's very good news for Rams fans. Sam's gonna kick some @ss next year with his brand new knee and shiny new running game. Bet on it!!! :D

Oh! And Watkins... :D :D

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'd bet on a cadaver.

jap

Legend
Neither. He is having bionic implants---like Greg the Leg and Johnny Hekker.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Neither. He is having bionic implants---like Greg the Leg and Johnny Hekker.

Or that kid from Rookie of the Year....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Great news!

Sam is hard at work!