Bradford and the passing game.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I was unable to watch the game again, wish they would just play on Sunday. But from what I've read, the passing game with Bradford and Quick, Britt and the two TEs went really well. Any thoughts from someone who watched the whole drives for context?

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Bradford looked really good! I was frustrated with the first drive because it was all check downs but the second drive he threw it very well down field. He has so much zip on his passes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What I appreciate about our members is we understand QB play is complex and perfection is not possible.

Sam was 9/12 for 101yds and a TD. Without question a HUGE success for his first game back.

He showed nice zip and comfort in the pocket. He took a hit.

He checked down a few times in the first drive, but they were able to push the ball down on the next.

Quick made a huge catch in traffic for 41yds and drew a big pass interference.

Perhaps the only real blemish, Sam missed Britt on a sideline pass after he looked off coverage. He was perhaps a tad late, but certainly overthrew him.

I'd give him a solid A. Great return performance for Bradford.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i wish they had shown any part of that PI call. didn't see it live and they didn't show a replay. useless camera work. quick was all alone though a few yards short of catching the ball for a td.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

i wish they had shown any part of that PI call. didn't see it live and they didn't show a replay. useless camera work. quick was all alone though a few yards short of catching the ball for a td.

I was thinking the same thing. Sucks we didn't see a replay.

Philly5

Rookie
Bradford looked fine. Missed one big play, but other than that was flawless. Threw the ball into tight windows. Looked composed in the pocket. Was hit once.

Quick surprised me with his route running. Used his size.

Running game was bad. Backup QBs were bad. Robinson is not a LT option yet. Defense was very shaky.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First two drives looked good to me. Penalties really hurt the first one, forcing Bradford to check down beacuse the d was giving up the underneath. Didn't see the quick catch, but if it was in traffic, then that's something to smile about. One of my biggest criticisms of Bradford was that he wouldn't make the risky throws. Seems like quick an Britt, plus his own maturity has him taking the shots that I always thought he wouldn't bother to

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Robinson is not a LT option yet. Defense was very shaky

Compared to Hooey's performance he's pro bowl material. :sneaky:

He got beat by Mathews and Peppers... That's pretty stout opponents. But, he did make some plays out there at LT. Just needs experience.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cam to see the last drive by Bradford...It was well done, and was very happy about the Quick reception....However, I am concerned about our inability to run the ball...It sounds like Hooey is a huge disappointment, and Robinson got schooled by Julius Peppers...LBers were underwhelming.......I was hoping for better, but will look forward to examining my DVR recording for individual play..

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Bradford looked fine. Missed one big play, but other than that was flawless. Threw the ball into tight windows. Looked composed in the pocket. Was hit once.

Quick surprised me with his route running. Used his size.

Running game was bad. Backup QBs were bad. Robinson is not a LT option yet. Defense was very shaky.
Very good analysis and the way I saw it too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cam to see the last drive by Bradford...It was well done, and was very happy about the Quick reception....However, I am concerned about our inability to run the ball...It sounds like Hooey is a huge disappointment, and Robinson got schooled by Julius Peppers...LBers were underwhelming.......I was hoping for better, but will look forward to examining my DVR recording for individual play..

Gotta keep in mind that Robinson should be more effective at LG plus we'll have Long and Saffold back...our two best run blockers.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hate to be that guy but watching the Stacy throw on 3rd and 13, I really wish he would have held it a little longer as Quick came open on the dig past the marker right after Stacy caught the ball.

That's one thing I want to see from Bradford this year, a bit more aggressiveness and patience on long distance passing downs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hate to be that guy but watching the Stacy throw on 3rd and 13, I really wish he would have held it a little longer as Quick came open on the dig past the marker right after Stacy caught the ball.

That's one thing I want to see from Bradford this year, a bit more aggressiveness and patience on long distance passing downs.
If we're talking about the same play, then he didn't have that extra second for Quick to release.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He moved and threw really well! Very excited for opening day!