Bradford and Minnesota, back to Earth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Did anyone see that alleged ex Ram poor run blocking OG Erik Kush who started his first game for the Bears blowing open massive grand canyon sized holes for that rookie RB?

I did not see this.
I recall Erik Kush being horrid in preseason for us.
I like our young offensive lineman, I just think we need someone else coaching them.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I did not see this.
I recall Erik Kush being horrid in preseason for us.
I like our young offensive lineman, I just think we need someone else coaching them.

I do too Dieter the Brock. I do have issues with our OLT though. I agree the blocking scheme & coaching sure looks to be the main problem. IMO Kush has some real issues during pre season @ Center. on the flip side I thought that Kush played much better @ OG. Boudreau was fixed at OG & was focused in at center in pre season.

Rams had Saffold & Wichmann as starters @ OG plus Jamon Brown & Andrew Donnal as back ups. So the only real spot for Kush was at center & Boudreau chose the younger Rhaney. I do not fault Snead for the release of Kush based on that situation.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I saw him getting walloped by the defense like in the Eagles game. I saw the Vikings down to backups OF the backups of more then half the Oline. Jake Long, case and point. Sam is back to a crappy situation**** That is more like it....
The way he is Playing, Jake Long should retire! ASAP!! Before he gets Killed!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Did anyone see that alleged ex Ram poor run blocking OG Erik Kush who started his 2nd game for the Bears blowing open massive grand canyon sized holes for that rookie RB Jordan Howard who just happen to rushed 26 times for 153 yards and one touchdown?
And If Kyle Long hadn't been out injured, with him on the Right d Kush on the Left, Howard would have probably Rushed for 200+ Yards!!

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Kush should have made this team easy. im not sure what the hell our coaches were watching but when he was at guard he dominated. they weren't going to cut scaffold and they had 2 young guards that they thought they could coach up. smh

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Kush should have made this team easy. im not sure what the hell our coaches were watching but when he was at guard he dominated. they weren't going to cut scaffold and they had 2 young guards that they thought they could coach up. smh

Guess none of us saw the poor run blocking OL at this point. I missed it completely & am still in shock too. The last game I watched the OL completely the performance of starters Brown & Saffold was bad. No excuses for the way Saffold has been run blocking. He above all others should well on his way to his first pro bowl performance season....I should add that his pass blocking is at pro bowl performance though STRANGE! Saffold is our leader & he sure looks like he is leading the parade of declining run blocking.

Sure looks like Kush would be a big upgrade in the run blocking IMO. As far as Jamon Brown you all know I feel he is much better on the left side.....

The best fix I could offer up here as a Rams fan & ROD member is to bench Robinson for awhile to get the refs attention off him & insert Saffold @ OLT then insert Jamon Brownback in @ OLG where he started his first 4 games in 2015.

Then keep the Barnes, Wichmann & Havenstein right side the same & hope for improvement. The size of CW & RH both being 325 pounds & much better at power blocking scheme i.e last season needs to be looked at strongly. This ZBS is in total fail mode.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Did anyone see that alleged ex Ram poor run blocking OG Erik Kush
I've got a theory about this... On youth teams, the players know who can play...and are often surprised when the best players don't play...Kids are so honest...and gullible...So they'll often keep their thoughts among themselves or to their parents. They'll sometimes ask, "why is so and so playing, he/she's terrible at..." Typically, the team performs poorly when their are obvious signs of unfairness/favoritism.
The rams linemen KNOW Kush was/is better than several players still on this team...perhaps that's the reason behind the poor performances of the Rams line overall?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I felt bad for Bradford. His OL was atrocious last night. Guy was eating turf on just about every play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Zero sense of pressure? I disagree here. No quarterback in the game can play under the kind of pressure hes under. He's historically one of the better QB's in the game versus pressure and against the blitz statistically. But when there is that much quick pressure its going to be a long day.

What I feel he does have a legitimate weakness with is his decision making when it does get tight in the pocket. It's like he doesn't trust his feet or his body enough. When he does decide to make some room for himself he still looks like a better athlete then most give him credit for - he can roll out and throw on the run for example. He just doesn't do it enough. And he doesn't climb the pocket often enough. When he did it last night he was just stepping up into interior pressure too though.

That Vikings offense will collapse. There I agree with you - they are just so soft up front.

Historically good against pressure? We are talking about Bradford here. He has run into more sacks than he has evaded. He gets flustered easily when a team pressures him. We watched it for years.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Meh. That doesn't even bother me.

That's because you have a cold, black heart and feel nothing.

He's a mobile QB with a strong arm who would be perfect for a team with a lousy O-line. Heck, at this point I'd be fine with getting Jay Cutler, a known jerk, as long as we rack up the wins.

Et tu Brute? Cutler?????

:rant:

One should assume that I'm always sarcastic. It's safer that way.

I've got a theory about this... On youth teams, the players know who can play...and are often surprised when the best players don't play...Kids are so honest...and gullible...So they'll often keep their thoughts among themselves or to their parents. They'll sometimes ask, "why is so and so playing, he/she's terrible at..." Typically, the team performs poorly when their are obvious signs of unfairness/favoritism.

Waaaaaay back in my youth I played "little league" sports and I was actually a very good athlete until I discovered weed and pussy/I mean girls in high school.

One team I played on had a father who's son was on the team, and he was everyone's friend, we all liked him and we all played with him in the neighborhood and hung out and all that. But he wasn't much of an athlete. And you are right it caused problems when he played over other kids who were better but just as often it was cool because he was our friend. Pro's probably don't ever have the feeling of "it's cool he's our bud so we will work around it". It happens on rare occasions I bet, but I dunno if that's the case here. It may be a matter of a guy getting cut and suddenly the fire gets lit. That may happen more than we would think. Who the hell knows right.......many mysteries this year.

I'm just not sure what to make of the OL play dropping off this year. It's crazy, maybe a little disruption in the lineup is causing more problems than normal.

It's fucking aggravating that's fer sure.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I feel kinda bad for him. He was finally getting some solid play around him and living up to his draft number and then the team immediately gets decimated and it's back to line play like he got from the Rams.

At some point you have to believe that there's a curse in play.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
tumblr_o0o0qawSxT1uelehno1_500.gif

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The collapse of the Vikings was always coming with the amount of injuries they have suffered on both sides of the ball. They can't protect Sam at all.

RamWoodie

Legend
Folks complaining about the Ram OLine should take note! Both of the Vikes starting tackles are injured...and they can't even buy 4 seconds of protection for Sam.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Look. I even named my dog after Sam. If anyone would have a reason to see him do well, besides Bradford and his mom, it would probably be me (and that other chick that used to come on here because she wanted his baby). But it warms my heart that he would go to the viqueens and return to the form we saw here. He and the viqueens can play like this the rest of the year and I'd be just great with it.

Pretty good week of football if you think about it. The Tards lost, the shitchickens lost, the viqueens lost, and we didn't.

I went for a walk on the beach with my wife, youngest son - home from college, and the dog (Sam - who I'd bet had a much better day than his namesake), went and had some outrageous sushi and appetizers at my favorite sushi restaurant, came home to check the scores and find that both our division rivals had lost.... I'd call that a good day.