Bradford analysis from Rookie year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I found this on my computer today: pretty interesting analysis from Marc Trestman, who is now the
Bears coach. He grew in the 49ers system...and was OC in 1998

I heard him on Sirius yesterday, he was former OC of 9ers and a few other teams..and is now the head coach of the Grey Cup Champion Montreal team in Canada and he was asked by Adam Schein about the state of play of young QB's in the NFL and he said it's never been better...when pushed to elaborate he mention how good Bradford was as a rookie, and with limited wr help...so a little later Schein asks him about how hard it will be for teams to adjust if the season starts late and they have 2-3 weeks of practice AND they are learning a new offense..again he states that "I think the Rams would be ok because Sam Bradford is a rare talent, he is so intelligent and such a hard worker...you combine that with his physical skills and I don't think it will be nearly as hard for that team (Rams) to over come a short off season as some of the others (teams)..."

So Schein ends the interview by asking him "specifically, which you QB's do you like?" and MT says; "Well, obviously the Rams have a great on in Bradford, I've studied him for a while and his physical ability is outstanding, his accuracy combined with his ability to move the pocket...then you add in that he's a terrific student of the game and his intelligence...I think he's on his way to being one of the real special QB's this league has seen in a long, long time..." Shein asked him who else he liked and he thought for a little bit and said "I love the way Aaron Rodgers was allowed to learn the game and he is obviously already reached greatness stature..."

It was really weird because he obviously loves Sam and SB was the only QB he mentioned by name other than Rodgers...I don't know anything about Trestman...is there a reason for this? Does he have ties to the rams or Oklahoma? Anyone know? I never heard this guy interview before but the more he "only" mentioned Sam, it was almost to the point of being uncomfortable. Weird.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I don't think he has ties to SB, Oklahoma or the Rams.

Interesting read though.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The vast majority of us know what Bradford is capable of. The question that will define his career, and the medium-term future of our franchise, is this:

Will he be be provided with the supporting cast to achieve his potential?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Interesting. I want soooo bad for Sam and the Rams to run amok and fuck up the NFL this year. I really do. They/We deserve it.

The vast majority of us know what Bradford is capable of. The question that will define his career, and the medium-term future of our franchise, is this:

Will he be be provided with the supporting cast to achieve his potential?

I think the main question is can he stay healthy, I have no doubt that he's capable of being very good even if we add no one on O in the draft.

I do however fail to see how what he did in 2010, or in college effects what he'll do in 2014.