Bradford/Amendola Up to Old Tricks; Will Be Key in 2012

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cfin5256

Rookie
Thanks for posting. You can tell Sam is more comfortable with DA out there. Can't blame him, I look at Danny as our Wes Welker. He's money.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
cfin5256 said:
Thanks for posting. You can tell Sam is more comfortable with DA out there. Can't blame him, I look at Danny as our Wes Welker. He's money.

Agreed 101% !

cfin5256

Rookie
STL-Rams said:
cfin5256 said:

Agreed 101% !

Hopefully he stays healthy and can enjoy the success Welker has. I feel really good about the direction Fisher is taking us.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
cfin5256 said:
STL-Rams said:
cfin5256 said:

Agreed 101% !

Hopefully he stays healthy and can enjoy the success Welker has. I feel really good about the direction Fisher is taking us.
How would you compare the two? Amendola and Welker, that is. Is there something you see in Welker that maybe Amendola is missing? Or vice-versa?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sam Bradford said:
“There’s times where I lose sight of him, but I know where he’s going to end up and that’s where I put the ball and he’ll go get it.”

I believe that's what we call 'anticipation.'

cfin5256

Rookie
X said:
cfin5256 said:
STL-Rams said:
cfin5256 said:

Agreed 101% !

How would you compare the two? Amendola and Welker, that is. Is there something you see in Welker that maybe Amendola is missing? Or vice-versa?

In my mind they're very similar in style. The only thing I think Danny is missing that Wes has is experience. I think as he and Sam continue to develop, we'll see a closer comparison in results between the two. Including Super Bowls... please, please, please.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
cfin5256 said:
STL-Rams said:
cfin5256 said:

Agreed 101% !

Both small shifty white guys that went undrafted from the same college. Both drafted initially as return guys. I can see the comparisons. In years past I would agree with the experience thing, now I think it's about a level playing field between the two. Have to remember that Danny has had 3 different co-coordinators as well, and that's only if we're talking the Rams. One things for sure, this preseason Dannys routes have been superb. Playing very, very fast as well. Like he hasn't lost a step, but maybe gained one.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Just thinking we will see a much improved Danny Amendola this season. Now that he's had a season and half experience and a year just to sit and think about it he should really jump this year.

He can be much more than a 5 yard slant guy.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Username said:
X said:
cfin5256 said:
STL-Rams said:
cfin5256 said:

Agreed 101% !

Both small shifty white guys that went undrafted from the same college. Both drafted initially as return guys. I can see the comparisons. In years past I would agree with the experience thing, now I think it's about a level playing field between the two. Have to remember that Danny has had 3 different co-coordinators as well, and that's only if we're talking the Rams. One things for sure, this preseason Dannys routes have been superb. Playing very, very fast as well. Like he hasn't lost a step, but maybe gained one.

I was thinking the same: almost as if he as gotten just a notch quicker. I think Amendola can be at or near what Welker is/was.