Brad Smelley is the newest St. Louis Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?

I don't know much about him aside from that he apparently went to Alabama and I believe he is a FB/TE combo. Dunno if this was a signing to the practice squad or active roster.

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah I saw this earlier. I'm thinking practice squad but I'm not sure. I looked into him and he seems to be a good blocker and surprisingly very good catching the ball and showing some skills after the catch. Here's a video I found on youtube of him. Seems to be a decent player.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So we potentially will be hearing, "It's Smelley across the middle"?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Who made that great block for IPead ?
Dunno I thought it was Smelley

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Surprised they haven't signed a DB

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This move reeks of desperation.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
There sure are a lot of comedians on this forum! Or perhaps it's wannabe comedians! Appreciate the effort, though!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think this signing makes scents, I mean sense.:razz:

fearsomefour

Legend
I like how guys who have a shot at living their dream think God has a role in it. When was the last time the 50 year old guy working over night at the Stop-N-Rob thanked God for the plan he is on? Give me a break.
I am only guessing this signing means they are looking for more of a traditional FB kind of player. I think Harkey has been a find. I dont really get this signing, but, I know this administration is about finding talent. So be it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Did any of you all recognize the OLT & ORT who Brad Smelley was lining up next too??? Yep Barrett Jones was the starting Left OT in that 2011 Bama tube. Think that's the connection?

My first thought is FB/TE/H-Back Lance Kendrick's thumb may have gotten lost or fell off.....because this would the only reason to add a FB/H-back to this team. Lance is our starter & Harkey is the close back up. Cory Harkey looked to me.... to have gotten much more playing time than Lance has of late. Harkey has much to do with the rise of this Ram once dominant run game that has turned into a hot Volcano. So Harkey does not need to be pushed or replaced ....So then why add a FB/H-back type now when DB's are failing all over Ram Park???? Just how bad is Lance's thumb? Is Lance headed back to the knife??? They said he is back to full health ?

Maybe Fisher & Shotty is just going to shift Jared Cook into a more Slot or wide out position and use the others more for run blocking?? Jared did finally show up last week some?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I like how guys who have a shot at living their dream think God has a role in it. When was the last time the 50 year old guy working over night at the Stop-N-Rob thanked God for the plan he is on? Give me a break.
I am only guessing this signing means they are looking for more of a traditional FB kind of player. I think Harkey has been a find. I dont really get this signing, but, I know this administration is about finding talent. So be it.

I think you call it faith man and the 50 yr old probably knows he is where he deserves to be as a result of his past choices but he may give thanks just the same. Who knows?

A55VA6

Legend
"Rams add H-back Brad Smelley to practice squad. Had spot available from adding CB Quinton Pointer to active roster over weekend."