Boylhart thinks Mosley for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
He did tell me that he doesn't think Fisher will draft Watkins and that there are better fits for the Rams. So he does think about it.

I'm think he may be right. I think they are gonna take an OT and a defensive player in the first round.
Ya .... I'm coming to grips that Watkins is not in their plans .... unless a trade down ... but I also have reservations on an OT being taken there. I would bett either 2 Def. players OR an OG in a trade down. But as they say ... one never knows. I think whether they can keep Safold is key to that equation. They wouldn't really have an immediate need for an OT if he stays ... at least not if Jake makes it back early enough.

Gonna be a long 3 + months waiting for this to play out...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He did tell me that he doesn't think Fisher will draft Watkins and that there are better fits for the Rams. So he does think about it.

I'm think he may be right. I think they are gonna take an OT and a defensive player in the first round.

A better fit for the Rams is probably the same guy Jrry was saying would be what the Rams need in Evans. From some of what I read today about Seattle, Evans is exactly what they want in a WR. I am not his biggest fan but I believe if they did get him that it would be disastrous for the NFC west to have to try and match up with him. Seattle has small and fast and lots of handsy YAC guys. A tall jump ball guy would be perfect for them. He worked really well with a scrambling sandlot type of QB in Manziel. He would be the same for Russell Wilson.

I hope Seattle doesn't end up with him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
yeah ... Bailey is #3 on my list I think he and Bucannon will go somewhere in the 2nd-early 3rd rd. area. I know everyone likes HaHa Clinton-Dix ... but he truly IS a FS. And fisher/GW like those guys back there who can play either ... and they like thumpers.

Bailey is versatile. He can play Safety and Corner. One thing that seems evident is that Fisher really likes Versatility in his players. He was asking Brandon Thomas at the Sr. bowl if he can play OT as well as OG. He likes his DEs and even DTs to drop back in coverage at times too. Bailey seems like a likely choice if they don't grab a Safety in round 1.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The SLB was on the field that often because our slot CB, Finnegan, went on IR and we were left with no CB depth. Which is part of the reason why we used those horrendous zones. We lacked the CBs to man up with 3 and 4 WR sets.

But agree with you on Mack.

Yeah I think Mack would be a special player on the Rams. Gregg Williams would love having his versatility on the Defense. I the Rams traded back and missed on the two OLTs and ended up taking Mack I would be almost as happy as I would had they taken Matthews. Mack would be quite the wild card.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
On the subject of TJ I think most of the criticism and certainly the thing that still concerns me is his ability to flip his hips. He is average at best in that category and that is being optimistic. Of course there are always ways to compensate for ones shortcomings.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm good with this. Hopefully we get a sweet deal from the trade down.

Would be good with Mack, as well. Can't have too many superior athletes on the team...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know anything about Bryant, but I'm interested now that you don't like him and Drew does. My 2 favorite WR evaluators at cross purposes.

He's a potential guy. Big guy with athleticism and will make some spectacular catches but he's soft, doesn't play hard, was an underachiever in college and I don't think his hands are all that.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
He's a potential guy. Big guy with athleticism and will make some spectacular catches but he's soft, doesn't play hard, was an underachiever in college and I don't think his hands are all that.
Hey jrry, where do think Donald goes? Any chance Rams in round 2?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey jrry, where do think Donald goes? Any chance Rams in round 2?

Honestly, I don't think the Rams will take him which makes me very sad. But I could see him falling to Round 2. Teams tend to over think things.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
The Rams have two excellent linebackers but if either go down, the season would be over as surely as losing Bradford did last year.

And having three linebackers that can defend both run and pass at an elite level allows the team the ability to stay in a base defense. This becomes particularly important in the red zone facing multiple tight end sets.

With that said, I still believe the D priority should be FS, LB, CB, DT in that order. Still, if an elite difference maker is available at either spot and they feel a good starter will drop in the draft, BPA.

I want Shazier with a second trade down in the first. As much as D is important, O Line beef is priority one.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Speaking of Shazier, I saw one draft talent scooper write that Shazier is what everyone wanted Ogletree to be. Does he mean better in coverage? Or what?

I don't get that comment. I thought without the character concerns that Ogletree might be a top ten pick, where Shazier probably goes in the 20s or later. Ogletree was a more impactful player in college too. I am not a huge Shazier fan. I think he will be weak against the run.He is a bit slight of build and I have seen him whiff on tackles going for the big hit and his strength seemed to be playing back and staying out of traffic. They both struggled with shedding blocks.

I don't think he fits Fishers hopes to stop the run as well as Mack, Mosley, Borland, or Van Noy. I would be happier with any one of them over Shazier. I see similarities to Ogletree in Shazier but do the Rams need a lesser version of Ogletree?