Boycott of RamStalk may happen tomorrow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

markstewart67

Rookie
The last thing I posted on the SLToday forum was a question asking.....If Sam Bradford had a bad 2014, What QB in the 2015 draft would you draft? I was called disrespectful and a troll for asking one simple question. For that....I will never post there again. I feel that I am a VERY respectful and kind person. I have been a SOLID Rams fan for roughly 40 years!! I love R.O.D and was so happy that the folks here had more class and were a bit kinder than the SLToday forum, But I feel that at times mods here can be a little brutal. Last year after watching a Rams home game I expressed how disappointed I was with the Rams fans for booing their home team throughout the game and how disappointed I was to hear the visiting team fans way more than the home team fans.......It was like watching an away game!! When I expressed that here I was called a troll and was told that I was to disrespectful to the fan base in St. Louis and was kicked off the sight. I gotta say it really hurt my feelings. So even though this forum is 1000% better than the other one, I feel you really can't express yourself if there's a negative tone to your post. I did have to create a new account so I could return and hopefully by sharing this I won't be banned. I guess I post this as a warning to new Rams fans coming here.....Be very careful with what you say, I think the mods should at least ask a poster why they said what they did, And maybe even look at past posts to see if its a pattern before giving a solid good fan the boot. Again....I hope I don't get banned again for writing this.
GO RAMS!!!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The last thing I posted on the SLToday forum was a question asking.....If Sam Bradford had a bad 2014, What QB in the 2015 draft would you draft? I was called disrespectful and a troll for asking one simple question. For that....I will never post there again. I feel that I am a VERY respectful and kind person. I have been a SOLID Rams fan for roughly 40 years!! I love R.O.D and was so happy that the folks here had more class and were a bit kinder than the SLToday forum, But I feel that at times mods here can be a little brutal. Last year after watching a Rams home game I expressed how disappointed I was with the Rams fans for booing their home team throughout the game and how disappointed I was to hear the visiting team fans way more than the home team fans.......It was like watching an away game!! When I expressed that here I was called a troll and was told that I was to disrespectful to the fan base in St. Louis and was kicked off the sight. I gotta say it really hurt my feelings. So even though this forum is 1000% better than the other one, I feel you really can't express yourself if there's a negative tone to your post. I did have to create a new account so I could return and hopefully by sharing this I won't be banned. I guess I post this as a warning to new Rams fans coming here.....Be very careful with what you say, I think the mods should at least ask a poster why they said what they did, And maybe even look at past posts to see if its a pattern before giving a solid good fan the boot. Again....I hope I don't get banned again for writing this.
GO RAMS!!!
While it's a reasonable question, the trolls there unfortunately eroded away any patience on the question, so anything that even remotely resembles HOPING Bradford won't make it (which they obviously do, despite occasional lip service otherwise) gets pounced on.

Here, we haven't been so beaten up about it. But I would still think most everyone here thinks that that question would be pretty premature and will be ultimately irrelevant.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Welcome to all of you Rams fans. It's like an immigration up in here the last few days. Good stuff! We have a great community here lead by a few great people.

But if Old Larry shows his face in here...
ill-beat-a-motherfucker-with-another-motherfucker.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
GO RAMS!!!

I don't think dissent is what sparks a talking to or banning from the admins. Poster don't have to "be very careful" about what they say, it's how they say it.

It's not being a dick about it.

I'm outspoken that I am not sold on Bradford and if he doesn't kick ass next year then the search for a new QB has to start. But I'm not a dick about it and I don't flame threads about Bradford.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I know how it is. I was a member there too, but I got so sick of it that I made THIS place as an alternative ... for me. :LOL:

There was a little bit of talking to myself before we grew though, and that was kinda weird.

Fantastic Job, Sir!!!! Talking to one's self is only problematic when we disagree.

PolarBear

Rookie

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@markstewart67

There's a big difference between a single post and a long list of posts and threads with the same negative theme. It's called having an agenda. Why would you pose a question that asks "What if Sam Bradford has a bad 2014?" We haven't even played a game yet and like every fan we are swigging on the Kool-Aid and envisioning a possible playoff berth. Surely you can see why that would put people off. People don't like their sense of hope challenged.

We have a system in place here that if 5 members don't like someone's post and click the inappropriate button, then that is sent to one of the mods who has the choice to delete that post and/or take other actions. The majority usually rules.

Most if not all of us come from Rams forums that accentuated the negative and got sick of it. Here we lean towards the positive and if a member is continually negative in his/her comments then he/she will most likely not last here.

No one's looking to ban anyone here. We're looking for ROD members who will fit into our little community and contribute to the discussions while emphasizing the positive. Does anyone in their real life enjoy being surrounded by negative, complaining people who are always gloom and doom? Why would an internet forum/board be any different?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
RT discussions about Sam (both Sams, actually) were just grating. You have a handful of trolls who just hate hate hate Bradford (BobbyOrr and smell jump to mind) and who just can't help throwing "I hate Sam" screeds into literally every conversation people try to have.

For example, there was a thread about competition at RB. The first three or so responses were "OMG why aren't they having a competition at QB? Bradford is teh suck!"

It got to the point where if you didn't agree that Sam is a terrible QB who should be cut immediately, you were a "mom" who thought he's the Best QB In The World(TM).

Discussions about Bradford's ability to be a successful QB are useful and interesting. Said discussion where one side has a vicious and insulting "you agree with me completely or else you are a stupid fuddy-duddy who holds the polar opposite absurd opinion because I'm too fucking stupid to comprehend the idea of a middle ground" are the harbinger of a terrible, dying conversation platform.

(Also I'm violently allergic to really, really illogical arguments, like any that smell made about Bradford being a terrible leader who insulted Rodger Saffold by allowing his agent to Tweet that they were excited to add Jake Long to the team... what the hell, man...)

Ramatik

Starter
Welcome to all of you Rams fans. It's like an immigration up in here the last few days. Good stuff! We have a great community here lead by a few great people.

View attachment 2056

Oh Duuude. That absolutely slays me.

I'm telling you guys, it's not all pure Sugar & Lace with Cupcakes around here.

I like a bit of an edge.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Oh Duuude. That absolutely slays me.

I'm telling you guys, it's not all pure Sugar & Lace with Cupcakes around here.

I like a bit of an edge.
Edge is good. Trolling is not. I didn't interfere with the "lack of moderation" over there. I resisted calling that Old POS out.

I will not hesitate to call out BS when i see it here. The good news is that i don't usually have to.

Last edited:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Just stuck my head in there to see the aftermath of the cesspool. I love how the DZ fuck has the anti-coolaid sig LOOOOOOL. Like he's a badass for not being optimistic about the team in OTA's right after the draft. :rolleyes: Guess that's what it's like to be a real fan. Man has dedicated so much of his life to the team that he can't even form a legible sentence. It's ok to go back and finish grade school dude. The Rams will be here when you're done. Plus, you can still watch the games... but only after your homework is done.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
GO RAMS!!!
dUDE just have to take it all with a grain of salt... We get alot of trolls that come and post crap and the Mods do the best they can here. I get my posts deleted as such sometimes but if they deem it inappropiate that's ok with me since they keep this place good to go. If you immerse yourself enough here and people get to know you a bit they'll see you aren't a troll.
me on the other hand........:whistle:

Internet-Troll-281x300.jpg

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

View attachment 2056
cdmmbp6.jpg

It got to the point where if you didn't agree that Sam is a terrible QB who should be cut immediately, you were a "mom" who thought he's the Best QB In The World(TM).

That's typical basher MO. Since they hate the bashing target in question, they assume that if you're not agreeing with them, then you must love the target with that same intensity. That's where the Bradford hatred and the Bulger hatred were so similar that I wondered if there was any way people could seriously be like this.

That was a long time ago, and their archives don't go back that far.
I used graphics instead of words so I could speak freely. :whistle:

I was just doing a search for something completely different and managed to find it, would be fun to post a link (to a copy on this forum) but I won't if you want it dead and buried.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was just doing a search for something completely different and managed to find it, would be fun to post a link (to a copy on this forum) but I won't if you want it dead and buried.
Saright by me. I don't remember how it went anyway.

markstewart67

Rookie
@markstewart67

There's a big difference between a single post and a long list of posts and threads with the same negative theme. It's called having an agenda. Why would you pose a question that asks "What if Sam Bradford has a bad 2014?" We haven't even played a game yet and like every fan we are swigging on the Kool-Aid and envisioning a possible playoff berth. Surely you can see why that would put people off. People don't like their sense of hope challenged.

We have a system in place here that if 5 members don't like someone's post and click the inappropriate button, then that is sent to one of the mods who has the choice to delete that post and/or take other actions. The majority usually rules.

Most if not all of us come from Rams forums that accentuated the negative and got sick of it. Here we lean towards the positive and if a member is continually negative in his/her comments then he/she will most likely not last here.

No one's looking to ban anyone here. We're looking for ROD members who will fit into our little community and contribute to the discussions while emphasizing the positive. Does anyone in their real life enjoy being surrounded by negative, complaining people who are always gloom and doom? Why would an internet forum/board be any different?
I am a Bradford fan. I am a fan of anyone on the Rams. I love my Rams. I have loved them for 40 years!! I really don't understand why the question of "What QB would you draft in 2015 if Sam had a really bad year" I'm not saying he sucks, I'm not saying he's a bad person, I'm not attacking him, I don't hope he sucks this year.....What kind of fan would I be if I wanted my QB to tank?? It was just a question. I would cut off my pinky finger if it guaranteed the Rams will win the SuperBowl this year. I have ONE tattoo on my body, and it's the Rams logo!! So if everyone here is saying that there are no hypothetical questions aloud then just say so, But don't call me a troll and say how disrespectful I am. I was just trying to get a take on if you were the man in charge and HAD to draft a QB in 2015, who would it be?? It was a just question.