Boudreau on Watkins "We had a come to Jesus meeting."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I feel the staff dropped the ball last year in this regard. They should have made Smith move inside then and kept Renardo Foster as RT. Foster played his ass off in '10 and should have been on the team last year. I'm assuming that fear of looking like they blew the pick with J-Smooth forced their hands in keeping him at tackle when everyone was feeling the fire to 'win now.'
Oh well, I'm guessing one of these shiny two first round picks goes toward an OT next spring.

Anonymous

Warner4Prez said:
I feel the staff dropped the ball last year in this regard. They should have made Smith move inside then and kept Renardo Foster as RT. Foster played his ass off in '10 and should have been on the team last year. I'm assuming that fear of looking like they blew the pick with J-Smooth forced their hands in keeping him at tackle when everyone was feeling the fire to 'win now.'
Oh well, I'm guessing one of these shiny two first round picks goes toward an OT next spring.

By all reports Foster didn't have a good camp in 2011 and was not the same player he was in 2010. Right now I haven't found any evidence that he's on any roster anywhere. A lot of players tanked after having no off-season in 2011. No matter how much someone tries to stay in shape on their own it's not the same as doing it under supervision with the team. (If in fact that's the culprit in this case.)

If Smith is such a problem, though, how is that THIS staff had a couple of years of film on him, saw him in OTAs, and didn't draft or sign a valid, ready to go 2nd option? (Richardson is a project and a possible 2nd option.)

Of course that means either that (1) they misjudged, or (2) they were right and time will show that they were.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
zn said:
Warner4Prez said:

By all reports Foster didn't have a good camp in 2011 and was not the same player he was in 2010. Right now I haven't found any evidence that he's on any roster anywhere. A lot of players tanked after having no off-season in 2011. No matter how much someone tries to stay in shape on their own it's not the same as doing it under supervision with the team. (If in fact that's the culprit in this case.)

If Smith is such a problem, though, how is that THIS staff had a couple of years of film on him, saw him in OTAs, and didn't draft or sign a valid, ready to go 2nd option? (Richardson is a project and a possible 2nd option.)

Of course that means either that (1) they misjudged, or (2) they were right and time will show that they were.

I'm definitely pro-Smith. I just honestly feel that he will not work at the tackle spot. Not a whole lot of players get a four year audition in the NFL to prove their worth at such a valuable spot. It's unfortunate that injuries have derailed his career, but clearly OT is just a bit too dangerous for the guy and has taken a toll on how he approaches the game.
Foster might not have been the answer, but at least it would have been a step in the right direction in addressing both guard and tackle positions.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Better Foster considering Richardson's rep.

Heck, even Kareem McKenzie could've been a better pickup.

Anonymous

Angry Ram said:
Better Foster considering Richardson's rep.

Heck, even Kareem McKenzie could've been a better pickup.

And yet...they had both options and must have known it.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The line didn't really play that bad when they knew wtf they were doing. That's the problem. These guys still need to learn the scheme. Including Peads ass. Think some of this might have to do with the way we've been practicing. Sure everyone's healthy, but that's kinda a two way thing.

I like this gradual build up, and I have confidence in Fisher/the team, but just don't get Sam killed in the process. Especially considering it's the pre-season.