Boudreau: Greg Robinson at Auburn: 4 run plays, 1 Protection, No Snap Count

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Greg Robinson wants to work on his craft during the CBA blackout, there are plenty of ways to do it.

Be it retired players and coaches... Lots of options work with.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If Greg Robinson wants to work on his craft during the CBA blackout, there are plenty of ways to do it.

Him contacting Pace would be awesome. Or any other elite former LT would work too.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm almost positive SEA got snitched on during last year's practices. Something about practicing too long or with pads.

The snitches are real!

3178246.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pendulum.

Coaches wanted to FORCE guys into the building every second of every day and a guy couldn't even take a vacation or attend one of these academies that would help them rehab or build speed or might be better or different than the coaches in the building.

Rather than work for a solution that would still benefit ROOKIES and thus benefit all players since the better rookies get, the better it works for all players, the UNION negotiated like a standard union and negotiated for existing members on their behalf only.

Player development wasn't remotely considered. So the pushback was substantial and they got what they wanted.

Now, new players are harmed. UDFA players as well as very successful players from systems that don't translate to the Pro game very well are devalued due to the reduced amount of time rookies can be exposed to coaches.

We've seen it with our OL. They focused on schools with coaching that put players ahead of coaching curve. The exception was Greg Robinson whom our OL Coach sees as having literally greater talent than the Hall of Famer he coached. So, that's what we're talking about. Short of having All-Star talent or greater, coaching becomes a huge factor leaving college because of the current CBA.

We WILL see significant changes to the CBA as well as the Pro game due to how the college game has evolved. I mean with college coaches getting $7M+ per year to win with systems that we know just don't work at the Pro level on offense AND defense, btw, the game can't sustain itself on this model. Heck, just with QBs alone, the game is at a crisis state. It's more of a passing game than ever and the college game is sending fewer QBs than ever to the Pros capable of starting and winning games. Other positions aren't having that issue to that severity...yet, but I can see it happening.

The players need to work with the league for the betterment of the game as well as the players.

So, yeah, the next CBA had better be more forward looking with respect to things like contact, classroom work, coaching and non-contact drills, etc if they really want to help players.

Even if they restrict the number of players coaches can see at any one time so we don't end up in the pseudo "voluntary" trap. They can work together to figure out a solution if they want to.

The game is on the line.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm almost positive SEA got snitched on during last year's practices. Something about practicing too long or with pads.
I believe that was the second year in a row that the "Hags got caught doing that!
Defensive end Ray McDonald was released by the Chicago Bears after he was arrested on domestic violence charges.
And Kyle Long, reportedly, Tweeted, after word, "GOOD RIDANCE!"

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul

They could just fire Coach B. and rehire him once training camp begins. Some coaches lack creativity, I tell you.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully Robinson took it upon himself to practice on his techniques. These kids seem to be able to find all kinds of coaches to help pre-draft. Perhaps there's some OLine whisperer out there that Robinson could have used.

Wonder if Hanifan would have wanted or could have spent a week with him or something.
Great idea.

IF the CBA says none of the coaches on the team can teach the player, how about a "hand picked" coach (picked by Boudreau) who is not on the team? Can he teach the player? Why not?

And, as far as linemen from certain college schemes not being ready because of those schemes (spread, for example), guess you just have to adapt and draft from schools that run NFL-type schemes.

I'm thinking that's what the Rams figured out between last year and this year.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I liked hearing that Robinson is better than Roaf.
A lil presumptive, wouldn't you say?

a guy couldn't even take a vacation...
don't these guys make enough that they could forgo a few Maui/Cancun trips until their mid 30's? I mean, is that such a huge sacrifice? Maybe wait until their 30's when systems are not so new and confusing? What's the deal with not being able to put off a few perks until this football business is wrapped up? Isn't a salary a sacrifice that can be dealt with? Give your team 10+ years of service, live like a king the rest of your life...seems pretty simple really.....

manmaderam

The one and only
Hopefully Robinson took it upon himself to practice on his techniques. These kids seem to be able to find all kinds of coaches to help pre-draft. Perhaps there's some OLine whisperer out there that Robinson could have used.

Wonder if Hanifan would have wanted or could have spent a week with him or something.

Is Orlando Pace doing anything this offseason?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
A lil presumptive, wouldn't you say?

don't these guys make enough that they could forgo a few Maui/Cancun trips until their mid 30's? I mean, is that such a huge sacrifice? Maybe wait until their 30's when systems are not so new and confusing? What's the deal with not being able to put off a few perks until this football business is wrapped up? Isn't a salary a sacrifice that can be dealt with? Give your team 10+ years of service, live like a king the rest of your life...seems pretty simple really.....

I don't think it's totally about the luxury of it. A LOT of pros have said that their bodies just need the time away from the game to heal. And considering the stress the game puts on it, I don't doubt it. This ain't the same game that allowed a guy to come into camp out of shape and then left him enough time that he actually had to get a job after the season.