Boston College FS Justin Simmons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
http://nflmocks.com/2016/02/21/justin-simmons-s-boston-college-2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/2016-nfl-draft-player-profiles-boston-college-s-justin-simmons/

View: https://twitter.com/DraftStock_1/status/701509815336628224
[av][av]

I arbitrarily selected this player in a draft simulation the other night and then looked him up on the Web.

He seems have been a high producer for the BC defense. He also is a special teams demon.

I didn't bother mentioning him the other night because I presumed McCleod would be re-signed by the Rams. Now, this player has relevance to the Rams. He led all Safeties at the Combine with the highest SparQ score. And considering the Rams did not tender 2 of their special teams players, Darren Bates and Chase Reynolds, along with the departure of McCleod, this player could become valuable in later rounds of the draft. And, another thought, if S. Bailey does not return this season, we lose a gunner on special teams.

Note: the second link above from the Steelers Depot site has a lot of video content.[/av][/av]

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My text didn't post .....

I arbitrarily selected this player in a draft simulation the other night and then looked him up on the Web.

He seems have been a high producer for the BC defense. He also is a special teams demon.

I didn't bother mentioning him the other night because I presumed McCleod would be re-signed by the Rams. Now, this player has relevance to the Rams. He led all Safeties at the Combine with the highest SparQ score. And considering the Rams did not tender 2 of their special teams players, Darren Bates and Chase Reynolds, along with the departure of McCleod, this player could become valuable in later rounds of the draft. And, another thought, if S. Bailey does not return this season, we lose a gunner on special teams.

Note: the second link above from the Steelers Depot site has a lot of video content.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He looks like a good prospect. I have to wonder though, does Fisher use a first round pick on a safety or does he think he can get or has another Mcleod who can learn the position?

I'd be all for an Earl Thomas quality Safety back there. This guy is a freak athlete to boot......

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
My text didn't post .....

Note: the second link above from the Steelers Depot site has a lot of video content.

Ya I really like this guy. I have been watching a lot of safety tape recently and Simmons definitely stands out. Played corner and safety in college like Mcleod, but has better size 6'3 201 and is more athletic. 96.3% percentile among all NFL Safeties in Sparq. Coach on the field and watches alot of tape. Good Free Safties are in high demand and are hard to find. A guy with his tape, playing experience, work habits, leadership, and athleticism could be in play as early as round 2.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fish and Snead covet big, rangy safeties. So yeah, the dude fits the profile for slotting into the pipeline.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He looks like a good prospect. I have to wonder though, does Fisher use a first round pick on a safety or does he think he can get or has another Mcleod who can learn the position?

I'd be all for an Earl Thomas quality Safety back there. This guy is a freak athlete to boot......
Up until now I only had 11 Safeties on my board ( FS & SS) It's now 12!!:D

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Up until now I only had 11 Safeties on my board ( FS & SS) It's now 12!!:D

Putting the Qb issue aside...... Simmons fits the Fisher M.O. of freak athlete to a T. But it still rings in my ears that Fisher does not value the position enough to use a high pick on it.

A guy like that could possibly transform the defense the way Ed Reed did in Baltimore.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Really like this player. This kid is always around the ball and can make big plays. Super competitive and plays like a kamikaze. Pre FA I never thought the Rams would look at him but now he might make sense. I think he could potentially be a special player in Williams' system. Also has a lot of value as a special teamer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Really like this player. This kid is always around the ball and can make big plays. Super competitive and plays like a kamikaze. Pre FA I never thought the Rams would look at him but now he might make sense. I think he could potentially be a special player in Williams' system. Also has a lot of value as a special teamer.

Wasn't it Williams who absolutely loved Sean Taylor in Washington? Maybe your onto something.