Bortles Pro Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not going well so far....wow.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Well, he's no Sam Bradford...:rockon:

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like its over. I saw him miss badly on 3 and not sure I saw him complete one. Camera was out of frame for the last one.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He started out very well. Nothing hit the ground for a while. Then at the end lots of overthrows. I thought he looked solid overall.

He looked better than Bridgewater, for sure. He looked better than Matt Ryan, also. Bradford was much better. Never saw Jamarcus Russell, but word is he was fantastic.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Bortles is thick. Not much fear about him being fragile. Someone will take him in the top 5.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
He's big but I thought he looked surprisingly agile and quick for his size.

A55VA6

Legend
I thought he looked okay. Made some nice throws. Was better than Bridgewater's Pro Day.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I only caught the last 5 throws. Sounds like he did much better earlier on.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I only caught the last 5 throws. Sounds like he did much better earlier on.

Yes. He threw for a long time. Didn't miss anything early on.

Jaworski, gave him high marks. Bortles isn't getting past Jax.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yes. He threw for a long time. Didn't miss anything early on.

Jaworski, gave him high marks. Bortles isn't getting past Jax.
I think they'd be foolish to pass on him. I think he will be a good NFL QB and from a marketing standpoint it couldn't get much better for a team with some of the the worst attendance in the league.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I just don't know what Houston is gonna do at #1. If they want Bortles they can't trade down at all. So they have to make a decision, if they want Bortles, then they have to take him at #1. They can't get Bortles plus extra picks. So they have to decide between Clowney or Bortles at #1. They really can't trade down.

The Rams have more flexibility than Houston. They aren't worried about losing out on a specific player, and especially a QB.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just don't know what Houston is gonna do at #1. If they want Bortles they can't trade down at all. So they have to make a decision, if they want Bortles, then they have to take him at #1. They can't get Bortles plus extra picks. So they have to decide between Clowney or Bortles at #1. They really can't trade down.

The Rams have more flexibility than Houston. They aren't worried about losing out on a specific player, and especially a QB.

I dunno about that Max, they could very well take less that chart value from someone if they wanted to get Clowney and were far enough down that they would otherwise have no shot. A trade could happen!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I dunno about that Max, they could very well take less that chart value from someone if they wanted to get Clowney and were far enough down that they would otherwise have no shot. A trade could happen!
Give me one example, and consider that Jax wants Bortles too.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Give me one example, and consider that Jax wants Bortles too.

I can't but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. If they felt like they could get him at #4 and the Browns wanted someone else they could take something less than value to make the deal.

It could happen. The new CBA has changed things.