Borges: Supporters of Terrell Owens need to open their fact books before they open their yaps

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
T.O. is nothing compared to Lawrence Taylor, and the latter is in the Hall.

If the Hall was just about keeping out turds, then we'd be keeping out some otherwise-deserving players.
Not saying all players in the Hall are great individuals. Most however did not make their teammates want him off the team.

Not defending LT but I think most of his issues were away from football.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Hall of Fame is only a meaningful accomplishment if it signifies the place that only accepts the best of the best. Once you start disallowing the best of the best because of perceived character flaws and start letting in lesser players, the Hall of Fame loses all meaning and relevance.

It's not the Hall of Nice People. It's the place where the best of the best pro football players go. Not all of these guys were good people. But all of them should be elite players.
Not at all. Being the best of the best is being one of the best PROS. Many players are in the Hall even though others have better stats.

Value to your team(s) has plenty to do with getting into the Hall. Adding to the stats with personal achievements, value to your team, a great life story, etc... have always been desireable attributes.

TO's stats may get him into the Hall. But if his total lack of team first attitude and bullshit antics (sharpie and pom poms aside - because I actually found that entertaining) keep him out, it will not tarnish the reputation of the Hall or the meaning and honor of being selected - not in the slightest.

There are plenty of deserving players. If TO doesn't make it in, most people will fail to care.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not at all. Being the best of the best is being one of the best PROS. Many players are in the Hall even though others have better stats.

Value to your team(s) has plenty to do with getting into the Hall. Adding to the stats with personal achievements, value to your team, a great life story, etc... have always been desireable attributes.

TO's stats may get him into the Hall. But if his total lack of team first attitude and bullcrap antics (sharpie and pom poms aside - because I actually found that entertaining) keep him out, it will not tarnish the reputation of the Hall or the meaning and honor of being selected - not in the slightest.

There are plenty of deserving players. If TO doesn't make it in, most people will fail to care.

Once people start making those sort of judgement calls, they don't stop. Then the HOF turns into a joke. We already see that happening with baseball. The Hall of Fame means nothing when you exclude a player like TO because you don't like him. He's better than almost every WR in the HOF. I don't care if you dislike his attitude. There are plenty of diva WRs in the history of the NFL.

How do you exclude TO but let in guys like Deion Sanders and Randy Moss?(Moss hasn't gotten in yet, but he better)

It's not the Hall of Nice Guys. It commemorates the best players to play the game. Some of the best players were shitty people. Doesn't make them any less great at football. The Hall of Fame celebrates football ability, not character.

What's next? Are we going to stop giving guys MVP awards and naming them to All Pro teams because we don't like their attitudes? That's not how it should be. It's not a popularity contest.

If TO doesn't make it in, people will care. People already care. And as more players like TO start not making it in, people will start to consider the HOF to be illegitimate. You don't get to pick and choose who the greatest players of all time are. The guys who earn it deserve to be there. TO earned it.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Im incredibly shocked people would be ok with TO not making the HoF. hes at the VERY LEAST a top 7 WR all time, and theres really no disputing that. Theres absolutely no way he shouldnt make the HoF. In fact him and Moss both were way more than deserving of being 1st ballot HoFers. The HoF is about recognizing the best and most talented players, not the guys with the best attitudes or the most popular.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He was a jerkoff, but he was a talented and entertaining jerkoff.
But none of that matters.

It's not the Pro Personality Hall of Fame.
It's the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah, but we can all enjoy hearing the silent squeel coming from his direction. Good to see you, btw..and to think no one said a word about deficient Case Keenum play....:rockon:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Once people start making those sort of judgement calls, they don't stop. Then the HOF turns into a joke. We already see that happening with baseball. The Hall of Fame means nothing when you exclude a player like TO because you don't like him. He's better than almost every WR in the HOF. I don't care if you dislike his attitude. There are plenty of diva WRs in the history of the NFL.

How do you exclude TO but let in guys like Deion Sanders and Randy Moss?(Moss hasn't gotten in yet, but he better)

It's not the Hall of Nice Guys. It commemorates the best players to play the game. Some of the best players were crappy people. Doesn't make them any less great at football. The Hall of Fame celebrates football ability, not character.

What's next? Are we going to stop giving guys MVP awards and naming them to All Pro teams because we don't like their attitudes? That's not how it should be. It's not a popularity contest.

If TO doesn't make it in, people will care. People already care. And as more players like TO start not making it in, people will start to consider the HOF to be illegitimate. You don't get to pick and choose who the greatest players of all time are. The guys who earn it deserve to be there. TO earned it.
Meh. I'm not suggesting they keep him out because he was a diva or had a shitty attitude. Clearly his stats would indicate he should make it in at some point.

Unfortunately, when attitude turns to poison for his teams, that is completely fair to consider. If his attitude resulted in intentionally shitty play in key games, that is something to consider.

And though some may be making an issue of him making it in or not right now, they will move on and most will not give it a second thought. He hasn't garnered that much respect from the majority of football fans.

I don't care if he makes it in or not. Frankly, if I'm going to Canton, I don't give two shits about whether they kept out a guy like TO. I suspect most are going for players of lore - not the divas and players like TO.

The hall is for the fans, not the reporters. If he doesn't make it in, I doubt most fans would give two hoots.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

When he did things like shut it down because he had issues with the play calling or a beef with his QB, it can and does affect a player's worthiness.

I honestly don't care about his personality. I think much of it was just schtick anyway.

I don't even say he shouldn't make it in. I just don't think many fans would care if he was kept out. Most fans likely have a list of players they would rather see get in anyway.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I loved reading that.

freak Owens, he's a jerkoff and the day he gets in the HOF I hope it rains all day just to ruin it.
" I'll Pray for a Snow Storm of Biblical proportions!!"(y):snicker::shades:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
It's Professional Football Hall of Fame. He didn't act like a professional so why would he be in the Hall of Fame.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If being an asshole should keep you from the hall then there's multiple guys who should be ripped from the Hall in every sport.

If you can separate the man from the sport for miserable guys like Ty Cobb and Michael Irvin there's no reason not to include T.O. Who's only crime is being an annoying, overdramatic wimp.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
T. O. will be in the HOF.
The problem is some of these reporters that carry votes have bigger egos than the players. I always her "he's a hall of famer, just not a first ballot hall of famer".
To me, you either are or you arent. T.O. is.

I can't stand the guy. He may have maturity issues, but he's certainly not a rapist or axe murderer.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
" I'll Pray for a Snow Storm of Biblical proportions!!"(y):snicker::shades:

NE Ohio, it could happen LOL.

It's Professional Football Hall of Fame. He didn't act like a professional so why would he be in the Hall of Fame.

This is a good point, but I would say why first ballot or so. He can wait, plenty of guys did.

If being an icehole should keep you from the hall then there's multiple guys who should be ripped from the Hall in every sport.

If you can separate the man from the sport for miserable guys like Ty Cobb and Michael Irvin there's no reason not to include T.O. Who's only crime is being an annoying, overdramatic wimp.

Two things......

First he isn't being ripped, he will get in.

Second what the fuck is that Chiefs shit in your icon? Is that Douchenozzle Kelce? Shame on you.

T. O. will be in the HOF.

Yup he will get in eventually.