Bonsignore: Trade of Greg Robinson illustrates a new way of thinking by the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed , but they had so many choices . Imho - it was the best Offensive Line class I've seen in awhile. The Rams could have traded back with Buffalo very easily. ---Greg Robinson ??? Really ?? He was going to be The Rams saving grace ??

---I believe in the QB position & value.
--Matt Ryan over Chris Long any day.
I would have forced a trade or kept him.

Same with drafting Jay Cutler instead of trading back.

Jason Smith though ??? The Rams had a trade in place with the Saints. Could have had brown?? the veteran guard from Oklahoma & the 10 pick ?? Don't know what else was on the board , but paying Smith was going to be silly.Those were the days when the rookie cap killed teams. The Rams needed a veteran lineman though. Not to many players(FA) wanted to play for The Rams.
So then you would have been ok with drafting RGIII and not trading the pick in the first place?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So then you would have been ok with drafting RGIII and not trading the pick in the first place?

The Rams had Sam Bradford.. Look at what The Rams had. There team was not in place. --His contract was from way back. --There is no value ,unless you trade Bradford.
-- I think The RG111 trade could have been one of the best in NFL history !!
If they kept trading the pick for ever.
--Fisher was dumb !!
2016 Bills first round pick & #8.
The Could still be drafting a QB. Derick Carr ?? Yes please. Aaron Donald ? Zach Martin ?? Talk about a deep draft & take Greg Robinson.

---Brian Quick ?? Thank God for the RG111 trade. --Tru & JJ , Pead ??

My point is value. --With Matt Ryan teams needed QB's but Atlanta didn't want to trade up. They would have had to ,or else then you trade your QB in hand ?? I think there is a point if rebuilding.

It's all water under the Bridge.. I would have traded SJ39 for Dallas 2 first round picks back in the day.That would have given The Rams 3 top 20 picks.
Better than having him holdout.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like the way The Rams have put this team together.
---This John Johnson guy was hand picked by Wade & Co ...
Trading back for Everett is going to be a pick Ram fans will like in the long run.

The offensive line might need a little more depth & Greg Robinson wasn't the answer ??? At least Kromer is thinking outside the box & not worry about fans saying the player is a bust. It's better to move forward & get the Stinch out.
It's like letting a Expensive peiece of meat in the Fridge to long & is starting to spoil. At what point do you get rid of it.
The Rams made out with Aaron Donald & his contract is coming due. It's better to preserve him for future parties

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
McVay is such a refreshing guy at the helm. --- I liked Scott Linehan & if you go back into The Rams history book you can see SJ39's historical season. The Rams didn't have a lot there & I believe if The Rams got the center from Minnesota
Matt Burke instead of Baltimore it would have made a huge difference in the franchise today.
Switching from a 4/3 to a 3/4 would have been a great move. Jim Hasslet was a piece of work. Linehan had to fight the front office of JZ & Shaw. --- He was not a good personnel guy. Was totally overwhelmed.
---The great thing about McVay is he put a coaching staff in place that he looks up to(lol,short joke) & trust.
He thinks outside the box & believes in his process. He takes one day at a time & and evaluates the team everyday.
It is a we , not me thing. The mental mistakes are killer. Learn the play & run it correctly.

--My believe is Robinson just didn't get it. I think he will have a solid career, but that is not the type of player this Rams organization wants. The excuses get old & team commemoratory is key.

--I was down on Saffold , but his play should be off the charts this season. He should be next to to solid veterans making the left side a total strength.
-- The move of Big Rob Hav to guard makes me real excited. IMO it will help keep him healthy, because I think it will be better for his foot. I really love the way he run blocks & can get to the next level so smooth. His long arms are key because he has such as great feel for where the RB is. His timing & strength really gets good separation.Makes for a nice hole. He reminds me of Boone from the 9ers in the fact that moving inside is a good thing.
---McVay(Kromer) has a vision of Saffold & Rob being guys that play inside , but both can play outside if called upon. Really adds to the depth. I also think The Rams will have 2 or 3 lineman on the practice squad , but have less on the 53 man squad. These Greg Robinson trade almost assures that point.

Last edited: