Bonsignore: Safe to preassume next Rams OC targets are currently with teams in the playoffs.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
That's a comforting thought. Could we actually get an OC who is capable of coaching a playoff team?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I think an assistant from Atlanta would be nice because although mcvay will be calling the plays, I'd think there would be some benefits to having shanihans offense to pull from. Also, since shanihan is one of the best play callers as well as head coach material, there has to be someone with OC ability who is kept as an assistant because there is no path to an Atlanta OC position.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think an assistant from Atlanta would be nice because although mcvay will be calling the plays, I'd think there would be some benefits to having shanihans offense to pull from. Also, since shanihan is one of the best play callers as well as head coach material, there has to be someone with OC ability who is kept as an assistant because there is no path to an Atlanta OC position.
Remember ... McVay worked under Shanahan in Wash. as well

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Remember ... McVay worked under Shanahan in Wash. as well

Yeah but he's only gotten better and added more plays and tweaks since then.

Is that redding cali? I lived in Orland and Chico for years. Love the area.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Munchak or Van Pelt. I wonder if an assistant from Atlanta would join the Rams or follow
Shanahan to SF.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
That's a comforting thought. Could we actually get an OC who is capable of coaching a playoff team?

That's just crazy talk. Next thing your "expecting" is a OC putting players in position to be successful. I have no time for this rhetoric lmao

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Maybe it will be Martz. He is just vacationing at this time...
That would be the perfect marriage for OC tbh! Sigh
Phillips defense with a Martz improved offense and bones on special teams? Sign me the hell up!

Fantasies... like being with

IMG_9038.GIF

Never would happen!

WvuIN02

Starter
Munchak would be an interesting hire. Big Ben was leading the league or near it in sacks taken until he took over their OL and I think they were 2nd fewest this year. Not to mention what their OL has done in the run game in Pittsburgh.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The fact that we could be getting another play off experienced coach is most exciting - there really will be no hiding / excuses from players once this coaching dream team is put together.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

This is my interpretation of what he's saying, which is he doesn't know and is just guessing.

b1bbf1bad7ada32516d8836bd986e0e1.jpg

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Didn't McVay state that he was "Absolutely" going to call the plays this coming year and that he felt comfortable with doing that? Doesn't that mean the OC hire will just be a stand in?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't McVay state that he was "Absolutely" going to call the plays this coming year and that he felt comfortable with doing that? Doesn't that mean the OC hire will just be a stand in?
Yes, but the going theory is that will allow McVay to offer the OC position to a top flight o-line coach, and give him the title of OC