@BonifayRam take care

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Hey, hope you’re safe from Hurricane Michael.

The wife and I are cutting our vacation short and leaving PCB this afternoon.

Go Rams

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My twin sons are both students at FSU...

They had their classes for the rest of the week canceled because of the storm, so they're heading down here to O-Town till the weekend.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's going to be rough, but not as bad as it could be thankfully.

But yeah the kids are safer in Orlando than up there.

Get the grill ready mofo.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've been watching this and it could get a little worse, and this is an area not used to harsh storms so I hope they are ready like this area was when Irma hit. It makes a difference. It might be a shock to some people but hurricanes don't visit SWFL very often and up in the area in danger now either.

Make lots of ziplock baggies of ice and stuff them in the fridge and freezer until there is no more room and make extras to put in coolers, make sure the propane tank on the grill is full, lots and lots of water, and non perishable food.

And vodka.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Thanks @Ramlock (y)

Yes Micheal is heading right @ us. The eye is projected to go over us around noon Wednesday. Wife was out last night meeting to pick up the grandkids & a deer ran out in front of her Toyota Tacoma just happens to be a true deer killer with that new front end design & large HD skid plate under the engine. No injuries but still there's damage.:rant:NWFL should have year round deer :wabbit:hunting with our deer population explosion.

I have one daughter & her family in Panama City right on the Bayou George where the storm is said to be first targeting. Another daughter is near Saint Marks far below south of Tallahassee near the gulf where the right side of the storm surge is expected to be BAD:notsure:.

I been busy around the property trying to get stuff tied down & stowed away. Since I have lived in Florida most all my life I am well prepared for these storms but its the storms spin off Tornadoes that you can not prepare for. However since I am up high on a hill there's always concerns for those twisters. I would expect power to be out around here for a while since its such a rural area with mega amounts of trees that have been growing all thier life just waiting to fall on power lines.:cheers:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks @Ramlock (y)

Yes Micheal is heading right @ us. The eye is projected to go over us around noon Wednesday. Wife was out last night meeting to pick up the grandkids & a deer ran out in front of her Toyota Tacoma just happens to be a true deer killer with that new front end design & large HD skid plate under the engine. No injuries but still there's damage.:rant:NWFL should have year round deer :wabbit:hunting with our deer population explosion.

I have one daughter & her family in Panama City right on the Bayou George where the storm is said to be first targeting. Another daughter is near Saint Marks far below south of Tallahassee near the gulf where the right side of the storm surge is expected to be BAD:notsure:.

I been busy around the property trying to get stuff tied down & stowed away. Since I have lived in Florida most all my life I am well prepared for these storms but its the storms spin off Tornadoes that you can not prepare for. However since I am up high on a hill there's always concerns for those twisters. I would expect power to be out around here for a while since its such a rural area with mega amounts of trees that have been growing all thier life just waiting to fall on power lines.:cheers:

Boy, you are so right about the deer in your country.

The wife and I hit one heading home on Hwy. 81, 2 years ago. Damn thing got up and scrambled away.

I’m glad to hear that you’re up on a hill with the storm surge they’re predicting. I hope your kids are safe and that the storm takes a break away from Bayou George.

Good luck, God bless and cheers, man.:cheers:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Back up & ready for the Game. This storm caused a ton of damage. Everyone is fine but the home is packed full of people who do not have homes to go back too. Its going to be rough around here for many months.:sadwalk:

Last edited:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Back up & ready for the Game. This strom caused a ton of damage. Everyone is fine but the home is packed full of people who do not have homes to go back too. Its ging to be rough around here for many months.:sadwalk:
Wow you're definitely good people @BonifayRam
Awesome you're taking folks in while they recover from the storm.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Back up & ready for the Game. This storm caused a ton of damage. Everyone is fine but the home is packed full of people who do not have homes to go back too. Its going to be rough around here for many months.:sadwalk:

Good to have you back online.

Good luck to you and those enjoying your hospitality.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
@BonifayRam

That you are helping people is excellent of you.

It's going to take more than many months to repair the damages, it'll be years. It's terrible and the people are in bad condition. I read that people are taking to scavenging and looting for food and supplies.

There are a lot of people still missing and you have to fear the worst with all the building that got smashed by the storm..........some of the people who didn't evacuate will have probably paid for that with their lives.