Boldin signs with Detroit Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
If he had 3-4 NFL years left then of course. I think it's a good move to give P Cooper a shot with more reps as Roman Snow mention him. I don't like one year deals n general.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Great, you have eyes. So your eyes are right and anyone else is wrong. Gotcha.
Oh, Is your opinion consensus? I guess we could all weigh in here, on this board. I don't know. I'm just one voice. I'm not a Janoris homer. I'm kind of relieved he's gone.

But I saw a pretty good wrestling take down from Boldin. Great in FFC, but not NFL. I guarantee one of our receivers would have been called for offensive PI. We have had big plays called back over the years for much less than that.

I'm Not trying to make a Federal case here. Just my humble opinion. No big thing. Boldin has made a career, as a 4.7 runner, out of getting "separation" this way. It is what it is.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Oh, Is your opinion consensus? I guess we could all weigh in here, on this board. I don't know. I'm just one voice. I'm not a Janoris homer. I'm kind of relieved he's gone.

But I saw a pretty good wrestling take down from Boldin. Great in FFC, but not NFL. I guarantee one of our receivers would have been called for offensive PI. We have had big plays called back over the years for much less than that.

I'm Not trying to make a Federal case here. Just my humble opinion. No big thing. Boldin has made a career, as a 4.7 runner, out of getting "separation" this way. It is what it is.

My opinion is what they ruled on the field, well have to agree to disagree, I dont see this "throw" or "wrestling takedown" you see. I'm a big Jenkins fan, sad to see him go. I'm sure Jenkins would have been making a case on the field if he felt he got robbed but he didn't, he knew he got beat.

Last edited:

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
It's only a penalty if they throw the flag!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My opinion is what they ruled on the field, well have to agree to disagree, I dont see this "throw" or "wrestling takedown" you see. I'm a big Jenkins fan, sad to see him go. I'm sure Jenkins would have been making a case on the field if he felt he got robbed but he didn't, he knew he got beat.

If you look closely... Jack Rabbit gets up and gives the ref the Incomplete sign immediately after the Bolden bulldozer move. He was pissed about it.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
If you look closely... Jack Rabbit gets up and gives the ref the Incomplete sign immediately after the Bolden bulldozer move. He was pissed about it.

Jenkins always does that after every ball thrown his way though pretty much. If you see when the camera goes on him after the play he's not doing anything, no one mentions him making a big deal about it, and the game goes on. Normally when a player is pissed about a play there is some kind of mention like "Jenkins not agreeing with the play" and when the camera goes on them are are arguing with somebody but none of that happened.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I don't know man. What I see their is Jenkins has position and Boldin initiates contact and pushes off. To me that should be flagged.

I know I'm in the minority here, afterall this is a Rams board and its the fucking Whiners LOL. But I think it was legit, I dont see a push off, Boldins arms were inside the whole time really because Jenkins was all over him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I'm in the minority here, afterall this is a Rams board and its the freaking Whiners LOL. But I think it was legit, I dont see a push off, Boldins arms were inside the whole time really because Jenkins was all over him.

You're not in the minority here because it's a Rams board. You're in the minority because Jenkins had position and Boldin went right through him. I'd love to have Boldin instill that nastiness into our young WRs, but it was offensive pass interference.

The camera angle obscures it, but Boldin pushed off. Watch the video slowly. He uses his left arm to push Jenkins down as the ball is getting there.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I know I'm in the minority here, afterall this is a Rams board and its the freaking Whiners LOL. But I think it was legit, I dont see a push off, Boldins arms were inside the whole time really because Jenkins was all over him.
No. He didn't get beat. The announcers in your video describe it as "wonderful coverage". Many would call it blanket coverage. DB coaches could use that film of Jenkins in film study on "how to play man coverage."

Then, inexplicably, just before the ball arrived, Jenkins decided to throw himself violently to the turf. :rolleyes:

Look it the replay again. He didn't slip. His body would have fallen face down. But Jenkins body twists away and downward, indicative of a counter force, not unlike the martial arts move Boldin just put on him.

I give Boldin credit. When he retires, I would love to hire him to work with our receivers. It is a tool used also by successful pass rushers like Aaron Donald. D'Marco Farr credits some of these martial arts moves he learned for saving his career.

But an attentive Zebra should have pulled a hankie.

Unless you think Jenkins "flopped"?

:flanders: See? He head turned back, and to the right. Stop the Zapruder film! Go back. See? Back and to the right!

This refutes everything the NFL is trying to sell you in the Warren Report on Boldins Touchdown.

:burp:Yeah. I missed that play. I was up in the grassy knoll taking a squirt.