Boldin signs with Detroit Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...aded-to-the-detroit-lions-on-a-one-year-deal/

The Detroit Lions lost Calvin Johnson to retirement earlier this offseason and responded by signing Marvin Jones away from the Cincinnati Bengals. They made another move Tuesday, reportedly agreeing to sign former Cardinals, Ravens and 49ers wideout Anquan Boldin to a one-year deal.

In his 13-year NFL career, Boldin has 1,009 catches for 13,195 yards and 74 touchdowns. He's coming off a three-year stretch with San Francisco in which he averaged 79 catches for 1,010 yards and five scores despite playing in passing offenses that could charitably be described as "passable." His production, in terms of catches, yards and touchdowns, did dip with each passing season by the bay.

Year Rec Yds TD
2013 85 1,179 7
2014 83 1,062 5
2015 69 789 4

The last time a team gave up on him was during the 2013 offseason, when the Ravens sent him to the 49ers in exchange for a sixth-round pick. He responded with that 85-1,179-7 campaign. He may not get a similar amount of opportunities with the Lions due to the presence of Jones and Golden Taint, but even if all he does is move the chains from the slot, his presence alone should be worth it to the Lions, who need to diversify their offense in the absence of Johnson.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remind me why we didn't grab this guy? They'll put him in the slot, and he'll put up around 1000 yards if healthy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Remind me why we didn't grab this guy? They'll put him in the slot, and he'll put up around 1000 yards if healthy.

No doubt.

Detroit? So much for he wanted to play for a contender.

HellRam

Starter

I'm guessing because of a football player named Brian Quick. I was really hoping the Rams were gonna go after this guy this offseason. The one year deal should have gone to Boldin not Quick. Plus Boldin's experience would be nice to have with the youth on offense.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They were the best contender to give him the most money.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm one of the few that never wanted Boldin's services (keeping the youth movement in tact) even though I think he can still be a stud WR at his current age. I thought Boldin would've been a great addition for the Bengals, Pats or Seattle but the Lions should get a solid year out of him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This tells me that the Rams likely didn't inquire for his services. I felt it would've been a smart 1 year addition.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm very happy that the old dirty bastard is out of the NFC West. The zebras let him get away with mugging defensive backs like he is signing their paychecks.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Great news, kudos to the Rams for not buying. Keeps the focus on players with career arcs trending up, not down.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm very happy that the old dirty bastard is out of the NFC West. The zebras let him get away with mugging defensive backs like he is signing their paychecks.
Yeah i was hoping he could teach our guys how to do that.
200.gif

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
His production should just continue to trend down. He was a great player in his day but his ceiling is sinking every year.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Exactly. He really "schooled" Jenkins last year when he threw him to the ground right in front of the refs before catching that TD.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
what a dick. telling me we're not better then the Lions? FOH glad he's outta the division though

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would have loved Boldin on this team but after the draft the Rams had, I don't know now.