Bold prediction for the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shawnbb158

Starter
The rams defensive line unit this year will have 65+ sacks from just the dline not a team as a whole, with 45+ coming from starters Quinn brockers Donald and long.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Michael Sam beats out Robert Quinn for the starting spot and breaks the sack record.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
11+ sacks avg ea. you may have bitten off more than the Legion of Doom can chew.

PhxRam

I think the Michael Sam jokes has brought the median age of the board down to that of a 10th grader.

SierraRam

Recreational User
12 more than last year. Totally doable! Our DL quality and depth now is off the charts.

DT : Brockers, Donald, Langford, Carrington
DE : Quinn, Long, Hayes, Simms

With Donald slicing up the middle, the QB can't step up. 1.2.3. BAM

(the "like" was for your avatar, too)

tbux

Rookie
we may get to those sack totals- but not that many by the Dline itself. I can see 60+ sacks as a team though.

duckhunter

Starter
I think the Michael Sam jokes has brought the median age of the board down to that of a 10th grader.

I think that is a byproduct of the main stream media's coverage of the draft.

The media's obsession with Johnny football, Michael Sams, and some other topics was overdone, repetitive and noticeably detracted from the draft. So many high quality players were not even discussed while the main stream media spins a story for the Nth time. Heck, the guys watching the third day want to hear about football rather than the Olympic's-like human interest, touchy-feely, feel-good stories.

PhxRam

I think that is a byproduct of the main stream media's coverage of the draft.

The media's obsession with Johnny football, Michael Sams, and some other topics was overdone, repetitive and noticeably detracted from the draft. So many high quality players were not even discussed while the main stream media spins a story for the Nth time. Heck, the guys watching the third day want to hear about football rather than the Olympic's-like human interest, touchy-feely, feel-good stories.

Whatever happened to having some personal responsibility? Has it become that easy to lay blame elsewhere?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
What's the NFL sack record for a team, again? Oh yeah, it's what we make it this year. ;)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Whatever happened to having some personal responsibility? Has it become that easy to lay blame elsewhere?

I don't see a need for the jokes. It's completely tasteless. He's a 7th round draft pick fighting for a roster spot....no more, no less.

My Bold prediction is Kenny Britt returns to his form from when Fisher was his coach in Tenn, and becomes our #1. This kid has to grow up at some point.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
What's the NFL sack record for a team, again? Oh yeah, it's what we make it this year. ;)

Just off the top of my head, I believe the 85 bears had 73 sacks that season. I could be mixing it up with most sacks a QB has ever taken in one season which was David Carr.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Just off the top of my head, I believe the 85 bears had 73 sacks that season. I could be mixing it up with most sacks a QB has ever taken in one season which was David Carr.

very close, the 85 Bears had 72. Carr: who knows :LOL:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This is the time of year fans get excited. We got an infusion if young talent with the draft. Visions of these guys making plays dance in our heads. The sky's the limit.

But in reality, unless he's a franchise quarterback or game breaking running back, no rookie's gonna come in and turn a team into an instant contender. And chances are, if you're finding immediate starters in the 4th and 5th rounds, its not because you drafted so well. Its more likely because your current roster is not very good. Anyone think 3rd, 4th or 5th rounders are going to be day one starters for teams like SF, Seattle, NE or Denver?

What I look for is progress. Its not that difficult to increase by 5 wins when your win total the year before was only 2. Trying to add another 5 wins when your win total the year before was 7 is whats tough.

I don't have any bold statements other than the defense will be aggressive and hard hitting. Offensive coordinators will not be looking forward to playing the Rams. Quarterbacks won't either. I expect we will see teams using more max protect when they play us. They'll keep their tight ends at the line of scrimmage and backs in the backfield in order have more protection for their quarterbacks.

If a couple of these DB's can play to FS and nickle back and do it well, I think we can have a top 5 defense. A defense that can hold SF and Seattle in the teens and give us a chance. Our offense is not going to score much against those defenses. Thats something we just gotta accept. But we can still win if our defense does its job. Think about that 13-10 win over the 49ers. Thats the type of game we have to play if we want to beat them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The rams defensive line unit this year will have 65+ sacks from just the dline not a team as a whole, with 45+ coming from starters Quinn brockers Donald and long.
3fxuuah5de8pa7ufg.jpg