Boisterous defensive backs continue to shine at Rams training camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Anyone else a little nervous that our DBs are so damn good? Does that mean they are that good....or possibly the offense is not performing...yet again
Same question every year: I'm glad they look good, but...............

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
This is not an indictment. ...just a question. ... are the corners making a play on the ball or like yesterday with Gaines catching a deflected ball? If they are actually Making a play on balls then we are cooking with crisco.....;) if we just have tight coverage and happen to be at the right spot at the right time....and our secondary's turnovers are coming from bad throws or balls that bounce off wr's hands... then that comes and goes from our future opponents. ... just my take..

Go Rams..... ;)

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
......Has all you could want from a CB except speed to cover deep. Sure looks like a slow 4th or 5th Ram BCB to me. I tend to lean to think his best NFL position will end up @ deep safety. His talents & skills would best fit
Or you could just consider using him in the Red Zone where its height would be a benefit and he would not need as much speed. Just a thought.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
What if our secondary was actually better than we thought but limited to the scheme?
I don't know but honestly we've been hearing a lot of good things. I'd be stoked if our D was THAT good so when the real games start our offense is playing fast, free and against lesser D's.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Marqui, Blake, Nelson Spruce and Mike Thomas can all play in this league.

We'll try to stash some of them on the practice squad but not sure it's going to work.

No chance Marqui would last on the practice squad for too long before getting grabbed up.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Anyone else a little nervous that our DBs are so damn good? Does that mean they are that good....or possibly the offense is not performing...yet again

After seeing a few practices last Camp and 4 or 5 sessions this Camp, there is nothing wrong with the offense. The same D-backs are being coached differently and it is showing up in their performance on the field.

They are playing tighter and more aggressively than last year, with an added emphasis on ripping at the ball when it arrives.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/28/16038426/nfl-underpaid-veteran-players-all-32-teams-4acbc748a381

The Most Underpaid Veteran Player on Each NFL Team

Los Angeles Rams: CB Nickell Robey-Coleman
Contract:
A one-year, $855,000 deal signed in April 2017
Average annual value: $855,000 (tied for 100th among CBs)
2017 salary and bonuses: $855,000 (tied for 100th among CBs)
Total guaranteed at signing: $80,000 (tied for 145th among CB)

With Lamarcus Joyner moving to safety in new defensive coordinator Wade Phillips’s defense in Los Angeles, new addition Robey-Coleman has a chance to make a big impact as the team’s primary slot cornerback. The former Bill was a mainstay at that spot in Buffalo, where he racked up 160 tackles, five sacks, and three interceptions in 64 appearances over his first four seasons.

But the undersized nickelback (who measures in at 5-foot-8 and 165 pounds) didn’t see much demand on the open market, and was forced to take a one-year prove-it deal with the Rams. Oh, and Sean McVay and Co. just might’ve signed him after going back through some of their own ugly film from 2016.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T3j-Rp65d0

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/28/16038426/nfl-underpaid-veteran-players-all-32-teams-4acbc748a381

The Most Underpaid Veteran Player on Each NFL Team

Los Angeles Rams: CB Nickell Robey-Coleman
Contract:
A one-year, $855,000 deal signed in April 2017
Average annual value: $855,000 (tied for 100th among CBs)
2017 salary and bonuses: $855,000 (tied for 100th among CBs)
Total guaranteed at signing: $80,000 (tied for 145th among CB)

With Lamarcus Joyner moving to safety in new defensive coordinator Wade Phillips’s defense in Los Angeles, new addition Robey-Coleman has a chance to make a big impact as the team’s primary slot cornerback. The former Bill was a mainstay at that spot in Buffalo, where he racked up 160 tackles, five sacks, and three interceptions in 64 appearances over his first four seasons.

But the undersized nickelback (who measures in at 5-foot-8 and 165 pounds) didn’t see much demand on the open market, and was forced to take a one-year prove-it deal with the Rams. Oh, and Sean McVay and Co. just might’ve signed him after going back through some of their own ugly film from 2016.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T3j-Rp65d0

It looks to me that NRC desires the opportunity to start on one of the two outside corner posts. It was a good decision IMO that he came to LA. He will have a serious chance @ securing this.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I like what our scouting department has done with finding some of these UDFA. They look like they have found some guys that can play in this league. Also I believe our assistant coaches are much better than last year.