Bob Papa just said

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah. All the big time #1 WRs: Megatron, Dez, Green, Julio, etc. have never won a SB.

Actually the last time a team drafted a WR in the first round and won a SB with him was 2007. That was by the Colts and Reggie Wayne. And it had to help that he played with one of the greatest QBs ever.

And the last time a team won a SB with an OT drafted in high in the first round was last year with Okung and Seattle.

Yea but I usually refrain from bringing these things up because it's a correlation and there really isn't grounds for proving causation.

And I'm not sure I understand your point here? The Colts drafted Wayne in 2001. Their first round pick the year they won the SB was HB Joseph Addai.

The Giants won a Super Bowl with a first round WR they drafted(Hakeem Nicks). Same with Pittsburgh and Santonio Holmes.

nighttrain

Legend
Yet Seattle had two 800+ yard receivers, Anquan Boldin had over 1000 yards, and vernon Davis had 850 yards, 13 tds
They ran the ball, but they also could pass it and couldn't be made one dimensional.
Healthy Sam, we're right there
train
ps Bailey is an idiot

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
I gave this a like ,not so much as a slap at iced but the whole churning complaining over the perspective and gloom and doom.We had a fantastic draft it took a direction some people would not prefer,but we improved what the coach wants to do and there are several people carping and loudly to a point it's becoming baiting, not trolling yet but it will be eventually.
The plan is in place , the people have been assembled and we've got a guy who has an arm play action coaches dream about,I'm geeped.
:cool: right with ya Thor
train

Robert

Rookie
Jaxs gave blackmons locker away to bortles today. I bet we could get him for cheap. I know he won't be on the field this year but let him practice on the team put the snisher leash on him and tighten it up. He's only been suspended for peds right?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Jaxs gave blackmons locker away to bortles today. I bet we could get him for cheap. I know he won't be on the field this year but let him practice on the team put the snisher leash on him and tighten it up. He's only been suspended for peds right?
Weed.

Also I don't understand the love affair with Blackmon, he's kind of not showing he's too smart. I mean it's one thing to get busted once and it sucks, but to be busted twice in the very same year? At least show some discipline man.

Robert

Rookie
Weed.

Also I don't understand the love affair with Blackmon, he's kind of not showing he's too smart. I mean it's one thing to get busted once and it sucks, but to be busted twice in the very same year? At least show some discipline man.

The guy has talent there is no doubt and maybe the jags should of done a better job of disciplining him, something I don't think is a problem in St. Louis. Why not take a chance if it can be had for cheap

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Martavis Bryant reminds me of Stephen Hill who has yet to do much for the Jets. I thought the Steelers draft as a whole was pretty underwhelming. It looked like they allowed the ghost of Al Davis to draft for them with all of their 'in-shorts superstars.'

I think Shazier is a future All Pro. I really wanted him on the Rams. Other than that, I agree with you.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Martavis Bryant reminds me of Stephen Hill who has yet to do much for the Jets. I thought the Steelers draft as a whole was pretty underwhelming. It looked like they allowed the ghost of Al Davis to draft for them with all of their 'in-shorts superstars.'
totally agree

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why not take a chance if it can be had for cheap

Especially since Fisher was so disappointed when he lost out on him in the draft that year.

Plus the Rams obvious need at the position.

Add in Fishers affliction for wayward soles and, well it seems like a good fit.

Something to keep an eye on for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry but by the accounts I have read, Blackmon has what is considered an illness and needs to seek help. Until he does so, I'm not sure he is a good risk. I just don't think you can really help a player if he hasn't made the decision to help himself. I haven't heard or seen where he has done that yet. He certainly has talent. Unfortunately, we've seen a lot of players not live up to their talent.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Both Robinson and Donald interviewed like great guys last week and felt the Rams hit two HR's.

Bill Polian chimed in with glowing remarks on the Rams draft.

Polian then said (I almost puked at first) that "they have built a great defense, now it's up to Bradfird to deliver because they've got everything else, that team is ready to move...except they don't have a big time receiver but they can get that, probably when teams cut to 53 (which I found to be a totally bizarre statement though I love Polian)."

He went on to say; "you hope for the Rams, and for the league really, that Sam can stay healthy because the truth is, when he has been healthy he has delivered."

I just don't see how the Rams can get a dynamic wr before this season starts.

Truth be told, 2015 is supposed to be a BAD year for wrs. Rams will have to pony up in FA to get one next off season, that market looks at least doable as of today.

Thanks for sharing. My deal is we have six decent guys the way it is. I don't wanna cut anybody and Snisher must feel the same. They did t get anyone. Britt IS their "big receiver" that they're hoping pans out. I'm not expecting the Rams to get anybody. Maybe next year when Green-Beckham slides. He may not come out but who knows.

lockdnram21

Legend
Especially since Fisher was so disappointed when he lost out on him in the draft that year.

Plus the Rams obvious need at the position.

Add in Fishers affliction for wayward soles and, well it seems like a good fit.

Something to keep an eye on for sure.

what obvious need? Fisher and snead keep saying they are content with our Wr. Mabey our fans need to do the same. have faith in the coaches 4hat they know what there doing

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
what obvious need? Fisher and snead keep saying they are content with our Wr. Mabey our fans need to do the same. have faith in the coaches 4hat they know what there doing

The Rams need at wr IS obvious...to just about everyone outside of 1 Rams way anyhow.

RFIP

theres no possible way our receivers improvein there 2nd and 3rd years? is that what your saying

What I am saying is *I* do not believe Quick, Givens or Pettis will be anything more than "marginally" better, if at all, than what we saw last year.

And if I'm correct, it will be the one major mistake made by Snisher in not up grading that group signifigantly.

I believe the weight of the 2014 passing game falls on Britt and Austin (now that Bailey F'd up and if past history is an indicator he'll be in the doghouse even when he comes back).