Bob Papa just said

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I think the criticisms of Greg Robinson's pass blocking are overstated. It's not that he can't do it, but rather he wasn't asked to do it much. There were plenty of plays where he shows a quick slide step off the line on speed rushers, and he certainly isn't going to be overpowered by many people. He has quick feet and bends much better than someone like Lewan who for some reason gets a pass for his pass pro issues. The biggest issue for Robinson is going to be his hands. He's got the punch, but he's inconsistent there and you can see how Boudreau was working on that with him during his pro day workout.

Regardless, he's bringing Larry Allen run blocking power to that LG spot to start his career. The rest will fall in line as he becomes our Willie Roaf.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The problem is, by most accounts next years draft is poor for we. Unlike last weeks draft.

If Britt, Quick and Givens under perform this gear I could see at least two of them not making it on the team the following year. Quite possible all 3. Depending how they perform would make the Rams grab a wr early next year, though picking 32nd isnt to early :sneaky:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The problem is, by most accounts next years draft is poor for we. Unlike last weeks draft.

There is still some good talent. DGB, Cooper(my personal fav) and others. Nothing like last weeks draft of course, but who knows.

PhxRam

No need to worry yourself.

Just like every year, the next great, cant miss, prospect will shoot up everyones mock draft boards across the nation.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Don't forget about next year's free agent class. Players of note: Roddy White, Torrey Smith, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Michael Crabtree.

That's an insane free agent class.

You have to imagine that most of these players are going to want to test the market given the growing salary cap.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Cool bro - if you're getting that upset to where you can't tell between me joking around and giving my different opinion on the subject, perhaps its best to just take a break from it.
Nah man. I can't speak for X but for me it's the incessant nature of your posts. It's really getting old. We get it. You don't think much of our receivers.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I'm more invested in hoping for the best every year than I am predicting failure. It's just the way I like to approach things.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Most defintely!. Thank you for finding the words I absolutely f*****-A believe in.

ED_29

Don't forget about next year's free agent class. Players of note: Roddy White, Torrey Smith, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Michael Crabtree.

That's an insane free agent class.

You have to imagine that most of these players are going to want to test the market given the growing salary cap.
Yeah but in an ideal world... Quick emerges as the #1 that he was drafted to be. Bailey/Givens are the #2 and Austin is the beast in the slot and all-purpose that we all envisioned. My hope is the Rams won't be a player for a WR in FA because the ones they have do what they were expected to do

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Truth be told, 2015 is supposed to be a BAD year for wrs. Rams will have to pony up in FA to get one next off season, that market looks at least doable as of today.

2015 is a bad year for WRs? Amari Cooper, Dorial Green-Beckham, Antwan Goodley, DeVante Parker, Rashad Greene, D'haquille Williams, Nelson Agholor, and Stefon Diggs. And I could name more.

WRs get churned out year after year.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Yeah but in an ideal world... Quick emerges as the #1 that he was drafted to be. Bailey/Givens are the #2 and Austin is the beast in the slot and all-purpose that we all envisioned. My hope is the Rams won't be a player for a WR in FA because the ones they have do what they were expected to do

That would be nice wouldn't it!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Clearly. And every year there's one everyone has to have (except 2008, lol). Crabtree, Bryant, Green, Jones, Blackmon, Watkins, etc...

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
2015 is a bad year for WRs? Amari Cooper, Dorial Green-Beckham, Antwan Goodley, DeVante Parker, Rashad Greene, D'haquille Williams, Nelson Agholor, and Stefon Diggs. And I could name more.

I do worry about DGB's legal issues.

And, while I know we've gone back and forth on this, I wonder how many of those names are seen as likely #1 WRs. I disagree with some of the other people who wanted a receiver on this, but I absolutely feel we don't need a good #2 or #3 guy. We have lots of those.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

This is what I was thinking too. I've heard football people talking about there being more truly elite pass catchers next season than in quite some time. Not sure if they've talked much about the overall depth at the position. Guess we'll see.

And what do you think about the idea of playing TA in the slot? Personally, I think it will waste his real talents and put him at risk due to his size - ala DA.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is what I was thinking too. I've heard football people talking about there being more truly elite pass catchers next season than in quite some time. Not sure if they've talked much about the overall depth at the position. Guess we'll see.

And what do you think about the idea of playing TA in the slot? Personally, I think it will waste his real talents and put him at risk due to his size - ala DA.
Didn't DA break his collar-bone while running a route from the Z?
That elbow thing came from inside, but that was a fluke of flukey proportions. Getting up off the turf no less. :sleep:

PhxRam

That elbow thing came from inside, but that was a fluke of flukey proportions. Getting up off the turf no less. :sleep:

A lot of flukey injuries seem to happen on turf.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

A lot of flukey injuries seem to happen on turf.

Especially to DA.

Yeah Paulie - I can't really answer to where DA was lined up on that play. I just tend to think that the slot is generally not a position that has much space to work with. A lot of quick hits, hooks and stops. Maybe I'm way off. But having TA in among the lumber layers rather than against CBs seems like a recipe for a short season and a lot of short gains.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Nah man. I can't speak for X but for me it's the incessant nature of your posts. It's really getting old. We get it. You don't think much of our receivers.
I gave this a like ,not so much as a slap at iced but the whole churning complaining over the perspective and gloom and doom.We had a fantastic draft it took a direction some people would not prefer,but we improved what the coach wants to do and there are several people carping and loudly to a point it's becoming baiting, not trolling yet but it will be eventually.
The plan is in place , the people have been assembled and we've got a guy who has an arm play action coaches dream about,I'm geeped.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think Tavon should primarily play the Z.

I do worry about DGB's legal issues.

And, while I know we've gone back and forth on this, I wonder how many of those names are seen as likely #1 WRs. I disagree with some of the other people who wanted a receiver on this, but I absolutely feel we don't need a good #2 or #3 guy. We have lots of those.

I don't agree. Having a #1 isn't a necessity. You can do plenty of damage with a WR corp of #2s and #3s. A WR corp of T.Y. Hilton(#2), Anquan Boldin(#2), and a healthy Danny Amendola(#3) would be deadly for the Rams.

But yes, there are #1s. Amari Cooper from Alabama is a similar player to Sammy Watkins but, imo, has more potential.

But thus far, we haven't had any guys cement themselves as true #2 WRs. If Stedman and Tavon prove themselves to be even just #2 WRs in 2014, we'll be just fine.

I think Tavon should primarily play the Z.

I don't agree. Having a #1 isn't a necessity. You can do plenty of damage with a WR corp of #2s and #3s. A WR corp of T.Y. Hilton(#2), Anquan Boldin(#2), and a healthy Danny Amendola(#3) would be deadly for the Rams.

But yes, there are #1s. Amari Cooper from Alabama is a similar player to Sammy Watkins but, imo, has more potential.

But thus far, we haven't had any guys cement themselves as true #2 WRs. If Stedman and Tavon prove themselves to be even just #2 WRs in 2014, we'll be just fine.

What is a number 2 or number 3 WR?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I don't agree.
Yes, I know. ;) Good thing we agree on the important things though.

Having a #1 isn't a necessity. You can do plenty of damage with a WR corp of #2s and #3s. A WR corp of T.Y. Hilton(#2), Anquan Boldin(#2), and a healthy Danny Amendola(#3) would be deadly for the Rams.
Not much is a necessity in this game. Filling a hole at guard with a #2 pick wasn't a necessity either. But both that and having a #1 WR help a lot (although neither gets you to the promised land by itself.)

Snisher made the pick they thought would help the Rams the most. Doesn't mean the other path is wrong or without value.

I have high hopes for Bailey... Tavon I don't even put into the whole number system, since he's a specialized weapon.