Bleacher report are you kidding me

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams ranking in the middle of the pack makes sense. That doesn't explain why an 0-2 team, that was 5-11 last year, is doing ahead of them.

I'm guessing a narrow loss on the road to the #6 ranked team is a factor.

But I'm most concerned - especially early in the season - where the Rams are in the subjective rankings. They are in the right range.

Seriously, these are intended to be subjective - the ranker felt that the Chargers deserved respect for playing a tough team well on the road. Given how little there is to go on so far this season, all I can say is "whatever". I don't understand why anybody would be concerned about other teams' subjective rankings, especially this early in the season. Are the Rams getting respect for what they've done? I'd say yes, since they've moved up from being one of the worst ranked teams to #18 - and I'd guess after Monday night's game and a few more losses by teams in front of them, they will move up another spot or two.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
So why do when the Rams lose they don't get the benefit of being ranked higher...they would be in the 30s if they were 1-2, or even layin a goose egg. The Chargers have LOST so many games in the final seconds dating back to season.

Rams are 2-1. One of the highest scoring Os in the league, top scoring RB in the league, etc etc.

Behind an 0-2 team. Perfect sense.
Why? 13 years consistent losing....... It is an essential "winning" that you must build over time

Ram65

Legend
Seriously, these are intended to be subjective - the ranker felt that the Chargers deserved respect for playing a tough team well on the road. Given how little there is to go on so far this season, all I can say is "whatever". I don't understand why anybody would be concerned about other teams' subjective rankings, especially this early in the season. Are the Rams getting respect for what they've done? I'd say yes, since they've moved up from being one of the worst ranked teams to #18 - and I'd guess after Monday night's game and a few more losses by teams in front of them, they will move up another spot or two.

Well, stated. Yup the Rams are moving up and won't be surprising anyone.

Chargers played the Broncos close that's worth a decent rating. It's going to change week to to week and is just for fun.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I'm guessing a narrow loss on the road to the #6 ranked team is a factor.

But I'm most concerned - especially early in the season - where the Rams are in the subjective rankings. They are in the right range.

Seriously, these are intended to be subjective - the ranker felt that the Chargers deserved respect for playing a tough team well on the road. Given how little there is to go on so far this season, all I can say is "whatever". I don't understand why anybody would be concerned about other teams' subjective rankings, especially this early in the season

Subjectivity is fine; I just want to see the line of reasoning that led to a conclusion. I wouldn't say I'm concerned; I was just wondering why the Chargers are ranked higher than the Rams. I can't think of a single reason why that should be the case; because they played Denver? Two division teams playing each other tough is a regular occurrence in the NFL, and says little about the strength of either side.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ah, but did they get as much credit for beating the Rams in those seasons as they did for beating good teams? I doubt it. Yes, beating bad teams helps too - and the Rams have moved up from being one of the lowest ranked teams to being middle of the pack already. It's not the case their ranking isn't improving.

Yes. Last season when the Rams lost in Seattle, on Thursday night it was said they finally got that thorn out of the side. Meaning, the Rams always had their number.

I'm not sure what events of years ago, with a radically different team and a whole bunch of losses by the Rams since then, have to do with the current rankings.

When the Rams got beat by most teams (I'm talking circa 2008) they, got the basic statement of saying they are a good team. It continues to today, namely teams like Green Bay, NE, etc who play in awful, awful divisions.

Of course, it's not impressive giving up 39 to a winless team that was averaging 6 points a game before Thursday. Net result - they are ranked in the middle, sort of appropriate for a team that hasn't played anybody that tough and has an excellent offense but questionable defense.

We all know the defense will improve - but people complaining want the rankings to be based only on stuff that happens on the field, and based on what has actually happened so far (2 home games, 1 road; 3 weak opponents; 2-1 record; high scoring offense but significant defensive issues) the Rams are currently a middle of the pack team. Which is where they're ranked.

Doesn't matter to me. Time and time again they saying goes "good teams find a way to win". When a team like the Falcons barely beat the Bears (on the road), nothing changes. Guess that doesn't apply to the Rams. I'm not saying the Rams are now suddenly a top 5 perennial powerhouse in 3 weeks, but c'mon...behind winless teams? Especially one that is notorious f

Why? 13 years consistent losing....... It is an essential "winning" that you must build over time

And the Chargers have?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
It's just their version of the Queen song.....Media Blah Blah.........