Blalock Visiting Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would be very disappointed if we can't sign him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Would be very disappointed if we can't sign him.

Agreed. A repeat of last offseason where Snead ended up scraping for a washed up Guard was quite disappointing. I wish they had just locked Blalock up early. They apparently haven't learned their lesson from last year.

If the don't sign a few linemen then going BPA in the draft will be out of the question. With only 4 picks and 3 Oline needs they would have to go all Oline practically.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Very disappointing the Rams are now in bidding wars for the second tier guys, but honestly it's hard to blame the Rams, the market always means you're gonna overpay for free agents. To land one of the top guys it would have taken the commitment to make one among or the top paid in the NFL. Hard to justify given the free agent bust risk. But given the state of the OL this may have been the exception, the time where emergency measures should have been taken to get at least one potential Pro Bowl level talent locked in before having to slot rookies in the other positions?

I guess it just came down to asking, do you want to overpay for a top guy? Overpay for a 2nd tier guy? Or just skip all of it? It may be that they just looked at the situation, decided there was no possible short term fix, and just focused on the long term now. Heck, Foles and all the QBs are on 1-year contracts so in the grand scheme it's not like it matters if they get killed back there. ;)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It would suck if we can't get him. He'd allow us to be a lot more flexible with what we do in the draft.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Its getting ridiculous the lack of offensive linemen on this team, it would be different if they only needed one guy but they need 3 and they don't even have all that great of depth on the oline right now.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
One thing I think you have to take into account, especially early on in free agency, is how attractive is St. Louis right now? If I'm a player, I'm looking at St. Louis and wondering; OK, I play in St. Louis this year, where do I play next year?? It's going to be a fairly big negative if a player thinks there's a decent chance he'll have to uproot his family again next year to move. Good chance the instability is going to impact the ability to sign players where there is competition to sign, may have to overpay, or wait until their is less competition and the market is thinning.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't be worried about the lack of signings early if the free agent pool was deep but its not deep at all, there are very few olinemen left worth signing and that number is dropping by the day.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure what to think. We have the money. What the hell is going on

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

After that 114 million contract for a DT down in Miami....they are looking for pennies in the seat cushions to try to find enough $$$ to resign DT Micheal Brockers.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
After that 114 million contract for a DT down in Miami....they are looking for pennies in the seat cushions to try to find enough $$$ to resign DT Micheal Brockers.
And don't forget that the cheap deal on Foles is a one year only special. We need to reserve space in the hopefull possibility that Foles kills it and we ink him to a long-term deal next year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
And don't forget that the cheap deal on Foles is a one year only special. We need to reserve space in the hopefull possibility that Foles kills it and we ink him to a long-term deal next year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2016/st.-louis-rams/

Just to name a few of the concerns next season are....
NT Michael Brockers
CB Janoris Jenkins
CB Trumaine Johnson
S Rod McLeod
WR Brian Quick
FB Cory Harkey
Kicker Zuerlein
RB Benny Cunningham
QB Nick Foles
DE William Hayes
DE Eugene Sims
LB JoLunn Dunbar

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
It's not as simple as just having the money, some players aren't just about the money. On top of that, it would be irresponsible for the front office to grossly overpay for players if they have a plan B. They will fill the holes adequately, imo. Patience is key.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not as simple as just having the money, some players aren't just about the money. On top of that, it would be irresponsible for the front office to grossly overpay for players if they have a plan B. They will fill the holes adequately, imo. Patience is key.
Yeah when I saw our list of next years free agents I changed my stance lol. Just so ready to compete

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2016/st.-louis-rams/

Just to name a few of the concerns next season are....
NT Michael Brockers
CB Janoris Jenkins
CB Trumaine Johnson
S Rod McLeod
WR Brian Quick
FB Cory Harkey
Kicker Zuerlein
RB Benny Cunningham
QB Nick Foles
DE William Hayes
DE Eugene Sims
LB JoLunn Dunbar
I don't see a lot of big contracts on that list.

I could see Jenkins getting overpaid by somebody. If Foles has a big year he'll get a good contract as a QB.

Other than that I don't see a lot of guys that will come close to breaking the bank.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't see a lot of big contracts on that list.

I could see Jenkins getting overpaid by somebody. If Foles has a big year he'll get a good contract as a QB.

Other than that I don't see a lot of guys that will come close to breaking the bank.

They don't really have to be huge dollars to be bank breakers if the Rams are hard against the cap...These guys (almost all on that list) are coming out of their first contract and will be considerably more expensive than a rookie deal..