Blake Countess fined/Coby Fleener lands on injured reserve

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Early in the season I wanted to see Countess over the speedy Cody Davis one reason was the demonstrated tackling of Countess late 2016. But Cody came in here & took up Wade's secondary scheme with some very good play overall. Best in Cody's career.....its a shame he was injured.

Not sure what happened to BC, I posted earlier this week that BC gets himself in good position to make the tackle but this season has not been as dependable. Lats yr he played close to the LOS & was not as active deep in space like this season. Finally yes BC has made some good plays this season but equally failed to make many others. many have resulted in putting points on the board against us.
Cody Davis has def impressed me this season and has taken advantage of the snaps he's been given. I have faith in Countess progressing with the team, he just needs the experience and i think he will be a decent addition to the D.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cody's Major injury? I do not have that info CHAMP can you get that to me? I know he had a thigh injury not real clear after that.
Major only in the fact that it was a quad/thigh injury that placed him on IR.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21275423/la-rams-place-safety-cody-davis-injured-reserve

The Los Angeles Rams placed Cody Davis on injured reserve because of a lingering quad injury on Friday, a move that cut even further into their depth at safety.

The Rams had recently waived veteran Maurice Alexander in order to create a starting spot for rookie John Johnson. Now it'll be Blake Countess and Marqui Christian who will take Davis' place as the primary backups to Johnson and Lamarcus Joyner in the secondary.

The Rams also promoted defensive back Isaiah Johnson from their practice squad.

Davis, in his fifth year with the Rams, has an interception and three pass deflections this year, while acting as both a free safety and a strong safety.

Speaking from the team's practice facility Friday, Rams coach Sean McVay said he feels "good about the depth at safety" despite Davis' injury.

Davis will miss at least the next eight weeks and could technically be designated to return late in the season.

"Cody is a very important part of our team and it's unfortunate, but he had that quad that just wasn't getting any better," McVay said. "So, want to be smart, give him a full chance to recover, and then we'll look to bringing him back with the designated-to-return possibilities, the way that operates."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...fety-cody-davis-on-injured-reserve/107303786/
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8897/cody-davis
Rams placed S Cody Davis on injured reserve with a thigh injury.
Davis suffered a thigh injury in the Week 6 win over the Jaguars and missed the London game against Arizona. The team has decided to shut him down, and Davis will be eligible to come back Week 17 or for the playoffs. Davis leads Rams safeties in snaps played and is Pro Football Focus' No. 14-ranked safety in coverage out of 77 qualifiers. Rookie Josh Johnson will take over.

Curious, what is Cody's worth to you? 3-5 year deal????

I think he's a lil better than Joyner tbh.....probably better in coverage than Johnson....tackling....bout even.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Curious, what is Cody's worth to you? 3-5 year deal????
I think he's a lil better than Joyner tbh.....probably better in coverage than Johnson....tackling....bout even.

If it were my decision I would have to look @ the Rams secondary in it entirety for 2018. Rams have 6 DB's involved in FA'cy. 3 starters in Tru,LJ & NR-C & our top reserve safety who might have been our starter instead of JJ III. No guaranteed any of those will be signed back here. Then I would look @ our remaining signed DB's & it looks like :poop: outside JJ III & Kayvon.

My first offer Cody Total Contract Value:$ 6.6 mil. for 3 years Fully Guaranteed Money would be $1.5 mil. cost of approx. 2.2 mil a season with some good incentives for starts & INT's stuff.;)If we loose LJ in FA'cy at least we have an well seasoned safety to start with 2nd season JJ III.

Bottom line here we have to have either LJ or Cody return.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
It takes a lot before I will play the dirty hit card. It was not smart and it sort of exemplifies how I have seen him play this season. He just doesn't play like he has it figured out. Appropriate to fine him for it as it was a blatantly bad hit but I don't know that it was done with malice.
THis.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Saints placed fleener on ir.
https://sportsnaut.com/2017/12/saints-place-coby-fleener-ir-fifth-career-concussion/

The New Orleans Saints placed tight end Coby Fleener on IR Saturday, just days after he suffered a concussion against the Los Angeles Rams.
Coby Fleener was placed on injured reserve
— Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) December 2, 2017
Fleener said after the game that is was the fifth concussion of his career.
Spoke with Coby Fleener about concussions a few weeks ago. The one he suffered on Sunday was the fifth he's had.
— Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) November 27, 2017

Fleener was hit hard on what some have said was a dirty hit by Rams defensive back Blake Countess in the fourth quarter. The hit ended up costing Countess a pretty penny.
Blake Countess was fined $24,309 for this brutal hit on Coby Fleener. Easy to see why. pic.twitter.com/r460ludqH2
— Cameron DaSilva (@camdasilva) December 1, 2017
Showing the NFL concussion protocol is still very much a work in progress, he ended up remaining in the game for a few plays afterward.

Fleener finishes the season with 22 receptions for 295 yards and two touchdowns.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Blaine Gabbert is the only Cardinals starting QB who the Rams haven't knocked out of a game since....?

Palmer
icon-check.png

Stanton
icon-check.png

R.Lindley (not completely sure about this one)
J.Skelton
icon-check.png

Kolb
icon-check.png

D.Anderson
icon-check.png

Max Hall
icon-check.png

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fleener was hit hard on what some have said was a dirty hit by Rams defensive back Blake Countess in the fourth quarter. The hit ended up costing Countess a pretty penny.
Almost every time someone gets concussed by a hit, the world cries dirty. And sure, if you play things back at glacial speed, everything looks epic.

giphy.gif

Unfortunately, in real time, things aren't so easy to avoid.

socalrams90

Starter
It was unnecessary and dangerous at the end of the day. You guys make too many excuses and if the roles were reversed would be crying about it all year. Shame the mans season is done.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At the game, we all booed and screamed BS when the penalty was announced. I mean, we were going to charge the field and dismember the refs. We had our pitchforks sharpened and torches lit and THEN they showed the replay hit on the big screens. We all sat down and were quiet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It was unnecessary and dangerous at the end of the day. You guys make too many excuses and if the roles were reversed would be crying about it all year. Shame the mans season is done.
Bet I wouldn't.