Blaine Gabbert signed by Cards to be Carson Palmer's backup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/10/cardinals-to-sign-blaine-gabbert/

Cardinals to sign Blaine Gabbert
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 10, 2017

612073038-e1475508979635.jpg
Getty Images

Carson Palmer is getting a new backup.

Blaine Gabbert is expected to sign a one-year, minimum salary contract with the Cardinals, according to multiple reports.

The Jaguars thought Gabbert was going to be their franchise quarterback when they selected him with the 10th overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft. Instead, he had three disappointing years in Jacksonville followed by three in San Francisco. Now he’ll compete with Drew Stanton and Zac Dysert for a spot backing up Palmer in Arizona.

The 27-year-old Gabbert started five games for the 49ers last season, recording five touchdown passes and six interceptions.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm very pleased that if Palmer goes down the Cardinals will be 4-12 and Bruce Arians will resign.
going-long-bruce-arians-storyimage960.jpg

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Not going to say anything negative about Gabbert because last time I ragged on him, he wrecked us in week 1.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not going to say anything negative about Gabbert because last time I ragged on him, he wrecked us in week 1.
I understand were your coming from. But I think that game #1 was a Fluke! :shades:
that sort of thing won't happen twice!!(y)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gabbert has shown some determination to hang tough in this league, and he does have talent. Not a bad signing for a guy like Arians, who has some real skill maximizing his QBs. Solid move that improves their depth.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I understand were your coming from. But I think that game #1 was a Fluke! :shades:
that sort of thing won't happen twice!!(y)
No fluke it was classic Jeff Fisher coming into a season! -_-

BeefJurky

Rookie
to be honest I'm not sure if Gabbert is much behind noodle arm Palmer last year

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not a bad signing for a guy like Arians, who has some real skill maximizing his QBs.
Does he really though?
If he gets credit for Luck(one season), Roethlisberger (2007-2011) who had already had three strong seasons and Palmer(who was also already good) then where is the fresh young QB that he's developed into a stud? I mean, he's had at least joint personnel hierarchy for five years in AZ.

I guess he should get the most credit for his coaching of Roethlisberger after his 3rd year in Pittsburgh...i guess.

I give Arians credit for his overall offensive concepts but IMO his esteemed QB whisperer reputation is debatable at this point.