Blackmon Arrested

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Speeps

Starter
BuiltRamTough said:
Speeps said:
bluecoconuts said:
What's the negative stuff coming out about him? I haven't really been paying attention to anything not Rams related.
His work ethic is not that good, and his ability to pick up schemes and plays is lacking.
His work ethic no way dude were u hear that his just not picking up the offense like how all rookie WRa dont
Sorry, I re-read the article, his work ethic isn't in question, it's his ability to pick things up.

I agree with you about rookie WR's having difficulty picking stuff up, but it seems as if he's having more trouble at this stage of the game than the norm. The fact that he was slowed by an earlier injury in voluntary workouts may have something to do with it.

steferfootball

Starter
Speeps said:
BuiltRamTough said:
Speeps said:
bluecoconuts said:
What's the negative stuff coming out about him? I haven't really been paying attention to anything not Rams related.
His work ethic is not that good, and his ability to pick up schemes and plays is lacking.
His work ethic no way dude were u hear that his just not picking up the offense like how all rookie WRa dont
Sorry, I re-read the article, his work ethic isn't in question, it's his ability to pick things up.

I agree with you about rookie WR's having difficulty picking stuff up, but it seems as if he's having more trouble at this stage of the game than the norm. The fact that he was slowed by an earlier injury in voluntary workouts may have something to do with it.
Well is he Mardy Gilyard slow or is he Roddy White slow?

Obviously there is a tremendous difference between Roddy White and Mardy Gilyard atheltically and talent wise, but I don't think Gilyard was ever going to figure out the NFL. Roddy did. Really iit is a matter of time to find out.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Just sayin, if there was no law against either DUI or pot smoking, I'd worry less about my own kid if he was smoking some weed instead of driving when he was up to .24 BA.
Not to say someone wouldn't do both.

IF indeed Blackmon had a DUI in college and he's doing this NOW, I'd say the OSU coaches probably got him out of some other "issues" as well,whereas Jenkins NEW "I didn't recruit this pot head and I'm going to make an example of him" HC did the opposite .
On the life lesson learning by hard knocks continuum of progress , I'd say Jenkins aught to be further along and maybe is less of a risk maybe even FAR less.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Thordaddy said:
Just sayin, if there was no law against either DUI or pot smoking, I'd worry less about my own kid if he was smoking some weed instead of driving when he was up to .24 BA.

IF indeed Blackmon had a DUI in college and he's doing this NOW, I'd say the OSU coaches probably got him out of some other "issues" as well,whereas Jenkins NEW "I didn't recruit this pot head and I'm going to make an example of him" HC did the opposite .
On the life lesson learning by hard knocks continuum of progress , I'd say Jenkins aught to be further along and maybe is less of a risk maybe even FAR less.
You would have thought that about Lawrence Phillips too.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
brokeu91 said:
Thordaddy said:

You would have thought that about Lawrence Phillips too.

Dude ,Lawrence Phillips,what a waste.

His greatest contribution to the Rams was missing the block that gave Steve Young his career ending concussion.
But yeah ,I get your point , sometimes "knucklehead" is part of a guys DNA and you can't change it.
GREAT REFERENCE

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the type of "snake bit" crap that used to happen to the Rams. Missing out on him is looking pretty damn great about now. Dodged a bullitt with this loser. I'm bitter that he would shit this chance to play in the NFL away. If this is his second DUI, OMG, what the hell do we don't know about him and how much he drinks behind closed doors? I have a family member who has has 2 DUI's and he still drinks, but now rides a bicycle and he's in his 60's. If the first DUI doesn't make you quit booze for life, you have a serious problem. Typically, probation for a first DUI these days, depending on what state you're in includes no booze at all for 4 to 5 years including no champagne at your wedding etc......Zilch, none, zero, not a drop in your system allowed under any circumstances.
So for this tool to get another DUI, he is done. I think the problem is the fact that he can't quit drinking and is going to end up as one of the biggest busts in recent memory.
This is sad but some people like to crash and burn instead of thriving when given the chance of a lifetime.