Black Monday Primer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Really? Because I could have sworn this team already has 6 wins.

This team could very well be 10-6 after tomorrow.

But they aren't and won't be.

So yes, that is playing the "what if" game.

@jrry32,

I know the team's record, hence my statement. I merely expressed my disappointment at how the season has gone. I wasn't judging anyone, playing any games, arguing a point, or anything. Take it down a thousand because what I stated was very well possible, too.

Good grief.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Really? I think Bridgewater could push it downfield more than Hill/Davis with better accuracy. I think Britt would become more of a threat and Cook would be dangerous.

Thing with Teddy it seems, is that his ability to operate under the pass rush translated from college. Hell, it actually is about the same from college if I recall. 70ish%.
All that is fine and good, but I wonder how Teddy would fare against defenses like Arizona, Seattle and San Francisco for 6 games a year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course you do ;)

I do. :)

Processes things quickly, accurate thrower on short and intermediate routes, throws with touch, finds his checkdown quickly when deeper routes are covered, uses his eyes to move coverage, reads the blitz well and gets the ball out quickly to his hot read...etc.

Just has the right skill-set for our system.

Memphis Ram

Legend
My only issue with this analyses is that Bridgewarter's offense is being coordinated by Norv Turner if he was with the Rams his offense would be coordinated by Brian Shottenheimer and IMO although I believe he'd be a better option he would not have enjoyed as much success in the latter part of the season.

Agreed. We don't have a clue what the kid would have done with the Rams this season. For all we know, he might have gotten injured as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32,

I merely expressed my disappointment at how the season has gone. I wasn't judging anyone, playing any games, arguing a point, or anything. Take it down a thousand because what I stated was very well possible, too.

Good grief.

This team could be realistically be anywhere from 3-13 to 13-3. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

I'm just saying that the whole "if X had happened" goes both ways.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. We don't have a clue what the kid would have done with the Rams this season. For all we know, he might have gotten injured as well.

For all we know, any QB could have gotten injured. Aaron Rodgers could have gotten injured if he were this team's QB. That's football. :p

Memphis Ram

Legend
This team could be realistically be anywhere from 3-13 to 13-3. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

I'm just saying that the whole "if X had happened" goes both ways.

But, you aren't saying anything that isn't already known. You are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

For all we know, any QB could have gotten injured. Aaron Rodgers could have gotten injured if he were this team's QB. That's football. :p

Exactly. We don't know. So why argue as if we do?

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
IMO, we're fine on the defensive side of the ball. Just add some depth and we're good to go. We should be putting the majority of our resources into the offense this off-season.
Hard to disagree, but our passrush disappearing in multiple games exposed our secondary. Whatever it takes consistency would be nice instead of eight sacks and plenty of pressure than nothing. I realize the defensive gameplan effects what they do, but still can't ignore the fact we lost games because of that side of the ball. No doubt the defense is more talented and hopefully there are pllayers on offense available that fill need and value.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But, you aren't saying anything that isn't already known. You are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Then what was the point of the 5-11 comment?

Because that's what the discussion was about...

Memphis Ram

Legend
Then what was the point of the 5-11 comment?

Because that's what the discussion was about...

The 5-11 comment was just a statement to express disappointment that the team could have an even worse record than they have right now. THAT'S IT. Nothing to go on and on about.

And, IMO, the discussion (quoted by den-the-coach) seemed to go on and on about something no one could possible know hence my agreement with den-the-coach.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard to disagree, but our passrush disappearing in multiple games exposed our secondary. Whatever it takes consistency would be nice instead of eight sacks and plenty of pressure than nothing. I realize the defensive gameplan effects what they do, but still can't ignore the fact we lost games because of that side of the ball. No doubt the defense is more talented and hopefully there are pllayers on offense available that fill need and value.

Some will disagree but I think the defense was a top 10 unit this year...even with the time it took to break the scheme in. This is the NFL, the defense will have games where it doesn't shut the opposing team down...but I think we're a top 10 defense again next year with the personnel we have and the coaching we have.

Just gotta fix some problem areas on offense.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Some will disagree but I think the defense was a top 10 unit this year...even with the time it took to break the scheme in. This is the NFL, the defense will have games where it doesn't shut the opposing team down...but I think we're a top 10 defense again next year with the personnel we have and the coaching we have.

Just gotta fix some problem areas on offense.
Certainly when you lose there Is a reason. Most consistent reason I saw this year was inconsistent qb play. So what do you do? Risk the season on sb's health? Sacrifice the assetts you do have to move up for a qb with red flags? These are the decisions that determine fisber/sneads future.

Alan

Legend
Memphis Ram trying to pretend he doesn't love math:

We're arguing probabilities. Not actual probabilities but opinionated probabilities and that's the same as stating our opinions right? Knowing that you're doing math you don't use data points of low probability in your argument. Bypassing the details that would actually make the conversation interesting by introducing something of low probability (he could get injured too) that cuts off any further conversation on the subject kind of defeats the purpose of you engaging in the argument in the first place doesn't it? To have any conversation that is at its heart a comparison, don't you have to start out with the concept of "all other things being equal" as its foundation?

I just jumped in here and I don't really know what you guys are discussing so I'm not taking sides on the issue. Whatever it is. :LOL:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I often wonder if folks have ever considered the idea that discussion doesn't have to be about deciding who's right and who's wrong right. I mean, we're not here just to read others posts and quote people only and literally just for the sake of argument. Are we?
If i debated someone every time i disagreed with them there wouldn't be much time or room for anything else....

I wouldn't have time to post stupid gifs and take pot shots at @Alan
giphy.gif

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram knowing what the real deal is:
I often wonder if folks have ever considered the idea that discussion doesn't have to be about deciding who's right and who's wrong right. I mean, we're not here just to read others posts and quote people only and literally just for the sake of argument. Are we?
If i debated someone every time i disagreed with them there wouldn't be much time or room for anything else....
Well said. (y)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Certainly when you lose there Is a reason. Most consistent reason I saw this year was inconsistent qb play. So what do you do? Risk the season on sb's health? Sacrifice the assetts you do have to move up for a qb with red flags? These are the decisions that determine fisber/sneads future.

Unfortunately, Bradford looks like our best option. So you cover your ass in case he gets injured again. Unless we actually can move up for that red flagged QB...without a RGIII trade. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I wouldn't have time to post stupid gifs and take pot shots at @Alan
giphy.gif

I disagree. There's always time for pot shots at @Alan

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Hey Den, I never was that impressed with what I read about Cignetti as an offensive guy. If Schotty doesn't go, I'd kinda hope he'd get a job elsewhere just so we could get a shot at a QB whisperer in that position. It never seemed to be his bread and butter. Especially if we're gonna draft a young guy next year.
What did you hear about Cignetti?