Bitch, bitch, bitch...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
But no love for 25 yards on three penalties.
1., a 15 yarder which wasn't
2., a 5 yard offsides on the kickoff ( I have NEVER seen that called on anyone other than the Rams)
And 3.., a five yard (smart play) delay of game on JJ

Pretty damn special imo. I think we' re a disciplined team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The JJ penalty was on Fisher IMO. With 3 timeouts left and seeing that the team was not going to get lined up in time on that play, he should have called timeout.

jjab360

Legend
I doubt JJ would've been penalized if he would've "accidentally" kicked the ball instead of bending over and swatting it.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry guys, but you kinda missed the point.

Actually, let me retract 'kinda'.:wtf:

fearsomefour

Legend
I doubt JJ would've been penalized if he would've "accidentally" kicked the ball instead of bending over and swatting it.
I have seen guys get flagged for that too....the refs are going to call that otherwise guys would always "accidentally do that" if the situation was right.

fearsomefour

Legend
But no love for 25 yards on three penalties.
1., a 15 yarder which wasn't
2., a 5 yard offsides on the kickoff ( I have NEVER seen that called on anyone other than the Rams)
And 3.., a five yard (smart play) delay of game on JJ

Pretty damn special imo. I think we' re a disciplined team.
10 yards of real penalties? Yeah I will take that each and every week. I am not calling for the Oline to stay as is going forward but they played pretty damn well on Sunday....GR with a few whiffs but it was refreshing to see Wells kick some butt. I hope they can maintain this new found focus. It was refreshing.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Agree they are playing more disciplined, but penalty calling /enforcement can vary too much between different crews. Being biased, I thought this crew was good and didn't call penalties on some borderline plays that other crews would flag. I saw ~ 6-7 pass plays where I've seen illegal contact or opi/dpi get called on similar plays this season, both against the Rams and Broncos. None were blatant and I thought they were good non-calls. Can't blame the ref for that unnecessary roughness call. They could have flagged the tj hit later since he did leave his feet slightly in a mini launch on Caldwell instead of running through the tackle. But the rams are playing much more disciplined ( no OL or DL penalties and no personal fouls). They need to keep it up to have a winning streak.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I thought the JJ penalty was actually pretty funny in a heady sort of way. There was no way the defense was going to be lined up in time. Screw it - I'll just see if the refs are paying attention. I was cracking up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My only complaint is the continued lack of calls on opposing OL. Teams are cheating to survive against Quinn, and it's BS.

Fish needs to take off his effin "Competition Committee" hat and blast the league for this. It's a big deal, or should be, IMO.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There's nothing like Rams Football.

It's like dating a crazy woman. Fun. Exciting. Sometimes painful.

Don't ask me how I know.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
My only complaint is the continued lack of calls on opposing OL. Teams are cheating to survive against Quinn, and it's BS.

Fish needs to take off his effin "Competition Committee" hat and blast the league for this. It's a big deal, or should be, IMO.
They called two holds! I was amazed! Honestly, I know there was a shit ton more than the two called, but even to get those I thought was a step in the right direction for officiating.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Quite amazing actually for this team to come out of a game against a top tier opponent with so little penalties. Kudos to somebody!!!!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
JJ should have just picked it up and headed for the endzone just to see if anyone chased him. I thought is was funny when he slapped it.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman

I don't care to bitch about this too much, but even this call was BS. Perhaps the ref was reacting to whoever that was 3rd from the top, perhaps a tiny bit ahead of his teammates.

Pre-kick, the tiniest of a split instant before Z's foot impacted the ball. Players are still clearly behind the 35.
upload_2014-11-18_9-35-19.png

Just after impact, ball is away, players are just now crossing the 35.
upload_2014-11-18_9-32-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-18_9-34-42.png
    upload_2014-11-18_9-34-42.png
    414 KB · Views: 143

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
They called two holds! I was amazed! Honestly, I know there was a crap ton more than the two called, but even to get those I thought was a step in the right direction for officiating.

I know, right? Including one on the first play of the game. I was ready to have a heart attack (but that might have just been a bratwurst that embolized in my bloodstream). There were actually three offensive holding penalties called in the game against, Denver: Clady, Vasquez and Franklin.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/st-louis-rams?year=2014

In an unrelated celebrity sighting, Bernie Madoff and Paula Deen were at the game.

upload_2014-11-18_9-49-38.png

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I thought the JJ penalty was actually pretty funny in a heady sort of way. There was no way the defense was going to be lined up in time. Screw it - I'll just see if the refs are paying attention. I was cracking up.

I hadn't scanned enough threads to see if this thought was discussed more.
That was the exact word I had for JJ on that play. It was a "heady" play. 3rd and 8. Broncos lining up abnormally quick with bad intentions to catch us in middle of substitutions.

After the 5 yard delay of game, it was still only 3rd and 3. That play threw them completely out of sync. Peyton was so pissed off he didn't get his "gotcha" play in, he spent the whole time furious instead of preparing his team for an easier 3rd and short.

I knew we'd hold on 3rd down. We had gotten in PM's head. That is hard to do. And JJ was the last person I'd expect to be in the moment enough to stop it. Perhaps its because he's been burned before, and has experience with that. I have no doubt, Manning would have been going deep on that play.