Billy D and Bernie M

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

X

In the end, it's all just different ideas and opinions flying around. Nobody needs to speak in absolutes about the validity of their own opinion or the perceived fallibility of someone else's.

Point taken.

DR RAM said:
I feel sorry for people that thought the offense was in sync, because if it was, we would have scored points, but what exactly does in sync mean? I mean, it's so many things, and can't be attributed to one thing, IMO, even if you really, REALLY believe it. It was a cluster freak of problems, and in the interviews Billy D even said that McD was running around trying to coach coaches among everything else he had to do.

No one says the offense was "in sync." They simply claim the problem was talent. Their line is, Saffold and co. were never that good and when the Rams got a REAL coordinator who knew how to attack defenses, he exposed them. Same thing gets said about Bradford. And this isn't all just PD board types.

Yes, that bit in the interview about McD was really revealing. Though of course a lot of that is on McDaniels--how many times are new coordinators added as replacements and get to bring in their own coaches. I can't think of any examples though if they do exist they're exceptions. When Martz was hired, for example, he worked with the position coaches already in place. McD had the entire off-season with the coaches to teach THEM. So how come he was still messing around with that in camp? It very well could be that McD is just not that good a teacher. Or he didn't realize at first how much he had bitten off. Or that he's just young and is learning how to become one the hard way.

I read about 7 boards. Partly because I like reposting interesting posts (an old habit from the zine). And believe me, there are people who not only act surprised, but even get flat confrontive when you say the offense was out of sync to start the season. It's not some tiny fringe minority either.

To me, it is a very symptomatic thing. You can see it. 4 times now I have seen the Rams in their opening game or games look out of sync and uncomfortable. 2006, 2008, 2009 (though bless him Shurmur had altered his playcalling by game 2 to account for it). And 2011. It's just something that is visible if you recognize it for what it is. So I agree with you about how obvious it was...but as we also know from experience, sometimes, the obvious is the obvious only if you look for it (that there was one of them paradox things.)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
zn said:
X

In the end, it's all just different ideas and opinions flying around. Nobody needs to speak in absolutes about the validity of their own opinion or the perceived fallibility of someone else's.

Point taken.

DR RAM said:
I feel sorry for people that thought the offense was in sync, because if it was, we would have scored points, but what exactly does in sync mean? I mean, it's so many things, and can't be attributed to one thing, IMO, even if you really, REALLY believe it. It was a cluster freak of problems, and in the interviews Billy D even said that McD was running around trying to coach coaches among everything else he had to do.

No one says the offense was "in sync." They simply claim the problem was talent. Their line is, Saffold and co. were never that good and when the Rams got a REAL coordinator who knew how to attack defenses, he exposed them. Same thing gets said about Bradford. And this isn't all just PD board types.

Yes, that bit in the interview about McD was really revealing. Though of course a lot of that is on McDaniels--how many times are new coordinators added as replacements and get to bring in their own coaches. I can't think of any examples though if they do exist they're exceptions. When Martz was hired, for example, he worked with the position coaches already in place. McD had the entire off-season with the coaches to teach THEM. So how come he was still messing around with that in camp? It very well could be that McD is just not that good a teacher. Or he didn't realize at first how much he had bitten off. Or that he's just young and is learning how to become one the hard way.

I read about 7 boards. Partly because I like reposting interesting posts (an old habit from the zine). And believe me, there are people who not only act surprised, but even get flat confrontive when you say the offense was out of sync to start the season. It's not some tiny fringe minority either.

To me, it is a very symptomatic thing. You can see it. 4 times now I have seen the Rams in their opening game or games look out of sync and uncomfortable. 2006, 2008, 2009 (though bless him Shurmur had altered his playcalling by game 2 to account for it). And 2011. It's just something that is visible if you recognize it for what it is. So I agree with you about how obvious it was...but as we also know from experience, sometimes, the obvious is the obvious only if you look for it (that there was one of them paradox things.)

?

I agree X ,characterizing another posters opinions as "silly", "loose change" ,"emotionally embedded"are disrespectful and sure to cause rancor.

I don't mind discussing the past,I mind 50 threads in 30 days all "pounding" the same opinion exculpating a deposed coach, JMO but at some point that isn't random, it's agenda, and JMO but agendas almost always become obstreperous.

Ima go tune the banjo now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:
almost always become obstreperous.

Wow. Now THAT is a ten dollar word. Just don't use it in the next 30 threads. :sly:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
RamFan503 said:
So Zygmunt and Shaw walk into a bar. Does Brooks serve them or tell them to find another bar? More importantly, what does Selassie's parrot say?

No matter how many times he hears me,,, Rasta has no interest in saying things like cuss words. He doesn't like angry sounds or bad vibes. His vocabulary is huge, but I just can't get him to act pissed,,,,,,,,,, yet.

This macaw however, will stand in for Rasta in the meantime. So they walk into the bar, and......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXYZttxunPw[/youtube]

It's like the turrets macaw. :lmao:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
I agree X ,characterizing another posters opinions as "silly", "loose change" ,"emotionally embedded"are disrespectful and sure to cause rancor.

I don't mind discussing the past,I mind 50 threads in 30 days all "pounding" the same opinion exculpating a deposed coach, JMO but at some point that isn't random, it's agenda, and JMO but agendas almost always become obstreperous.

Let us worry about what's acceptable and what's not. Trust me, we read every post in every thread, so nothing's going to get by that circumvents the rules. We actually encourage long threads and lengthy discussions here, and the only thing we require is that it be done with civility and constructed in such a way that you wouldn't be offended if the same remarks were said to you.

In other words, don't write "that's a ridiculous opinion" if you wouldn't appreciate it being said of your own.

Now you can all, collectively, go get your fuckin' shineboxes. :yeh:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:

Let us worry about what's acceptable and what's not. Trust me, we read every post in every thread, so nothing's going to get by that circumvents the rules. We actually encourage long threads and lengthy discussions here, and the only thing we require is that it be done with civility and constructed in such a way that you wouldn't be offended if the same remarks were said to you.

In other words, don't write "that's a ridiculous opinion" if you wouldn't appreciate it being said of your own.

Now you can all, collectively, go get your freakin' shineboxes. :yeh:

I guess that amuses you,you find that funny?

Kinda like the picture of the dog looking one way and the old man looking another

OK Paulie :cool:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
OK Paulie :cool:
Thassrite. The Don of ROD.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW-HMonRoU[/youtube]

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Thordaddy said:

Wow. Now THAT is a ten dollar word. Just don't use it in the next 30 threads. :sly:

Yeah I'm renting to own that one,can't afford an outright purchase.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:
RamFan503 said:
Thordaddy said:

Yeah I'm renting to own that one,can't afford an outright purchase.

Poor Ned.

Anonymous

zn:

I said they tried to sneak Wms on to the ps. My actual words: BD didn't like a 7th round pick pick being waived for the practice squad. They signed Levoir and DIDN'T IR J.Smith because at that point they wondered if they could get Smith back. So yeah it happened as I said. Good thing they signed Levoir, too, cause he ended up having to start n ithe SF game.

Dr. Ram.

You also said that they did this to pick up another practice team player instead of him.

No, I didn't say that. [I think] you misread me.

I said they got Cole...but it was basically a month apart and they did not cut Williams TO get Cole. Cutting wms was not FOR Cole.

What I said was that in the end it worked out that way. So as of right now, instead of Wms they have Cole. So what was lost?

Anonymous

X said:
zn said:
instead of Wms they have Cole. So what was lost?
I wrote about this 7 months ago. I think I was high too.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/blog/reason ... anagement/

Here;s you:

And here’s the thing. The Rams drafted them, and they got released. That resulted in criticism. So we must not have a problem with the GM if players drafted in the 7th round are highly coveted. It must be the head coach who let them walk that is the problem. But is he? For those 3 guys that left, [there] are the UDFA’s and OTHER TEAM’S late round picks that were added here, and are either contributing or are on our PS and/or are backups.

That's spooky. How could you know seven months ago what I would be saying THIS WEEK. :shock:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:
X said:
zn said:
instead of Wms they have Cole. So what was lost?
I wrote about this 7 months ago. I think I was high too.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/blog/reason ... anagement/

Here;s you:

And here’s the thing. The Rams drafted them, and they got released. That resulted in criticism. So we must not have a problem with the GM if players drafted in the 7th round are highly coveted. It must be the head coach who let them walk that is the problem. But is he? For those 3 guys that left, [there] are the UDFA’s and OTHER TEAM’S late round picks that were added here, and are either contributing or are on our PS and/or are backups.

That's spooky. How could you know seven months ago what I would be saying THIS WEEK. :shock:
Wormholes, man. Wormholes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bloof.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Good, because I don't care about him.
Lies. You know you have a Williams Fathead.

What do you think about the announcement of a College playoffs? You watch much College ball?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:

What do you think about the announcement of a College playoffs? You watch much College ball?
I love it, but it will take too long.

I watch college ball, but mostly just my team, UCLA, yep, they suck. I will also tune in to watch great matchups/teams/players that I want to see.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

I love it, but it will take too long.

I watch college ball, but mostly just my team, UCLA, yep, they suck. I will also tune in to watch great matchups/teams/players that I want to see.
Fauria looks like he'll be an impact guy in the NFL next year. Not like m'boy Jimmy Graham, but still.