Billy Billy Billy Billy...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
caddyshack2.jpg

. . . Devaney, that is. :mrgreen:

[mp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2011/12/12022011145104.mp3[/mp3]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
What a tough interview to have to go through. It sounded to me like Billy wants to get some answers out there, but I applaud him for holding out until after the season, when they get a chance to evaluate all that happened.

I can wait, but I want to know who and why they made some of the moves that they did.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol

"I wish some of the numbnuts who say this is only a baseball town could have seen that..."

Whether he stays or goes, Billy Devaney has always been entertaining.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah, Billy has always seemed to be a very "real" dude,,, a straight shooter.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
lol

"I wish some of the numbnuts who say this is only a baseball town could have seen that..."

Whether he stays or goes, Billy Devaney has always been entertaining.
Very true, and I think he does try to give honest assessments of himself.

My favorite all time Devaney remark was in a chat he had on the Rams team website with Nick Wagoner just before the 2010 season. Someone asked him if he would step down if the Rams went 1-14 and he replied "why would I do that, we'd still have one game to play"

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Remember not too long ago when this part of the season was the catch up phase? :amped:

Anonymous

Another favorite response. From an online chat.

This was in the 2009 off-season just before the draft. Someone who gave his name, which I forget of course, and also identified himself as being from Texas, asked about Bulger being cut. Basically asked, why didn't you try to trade him.

Devaney goes "now why didn't WE think of that. You guys from Texas sure are smart."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
Another favorite response. From an online chat.

This was in the 2009 off-season just before the draft. Someone who gave his name, which I forget of course, and also identified himself as being from Texas, asked about Bulger being cut. Basically asked, why didn't you try to trade him.

Devaney goes "now why didn't WE think of that. You guys from Texas sure are smart."
Yeah, I remember that one. :lol:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
My personal fav. is after the 2009 season was when some reporter asked him around NOvember, December, "Billy how does your draft board look like?"

"We don't have a freakin' board."

:bign: