Bills tried trading to 1 for Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Sammy Watkins... over Jadeveon Clowney...?

112636-mark-wahlberg-confused-speechl-xFdS.gif

RamsFan14

Starter
Browns got a real good deal trading down with the Bills. I'd want the Bills 1st round pick cause I don't think they're going anywhere in the next few years (who knows really, just an opinion).

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Had we taken Clowney at 2, I'd have to imagine Martin would have gotten the call over Donald at 13.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I'm happy with our first rounders. No second guessing for me.

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
Clowney didn't even make it into my top 10 as far as a Rams need. Not that he isnt a good player i just felt what is on the roster is much better.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Had we taken Clowney at 2, I'd have to imagine Martin would have gotten the call over Donald at 13.
I would have still gone Donald at 13. I just feel he was that much better than the other options at 13. It would also give you a line of guys under 25 which includes Quinn, Brockers, Donald, Clowney. You could have that line for 8 years plus. Talk about dominating.

Needs wise Robinson was a better fit, but Clowney is the better prospect. I am though excited to see what Boudreau can do with Robinson. I think he can make him a perennial all-pro.

scifiman

Rams would have traded out of #2 pick if that was the case and not taken Clowney.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams would have traded out of #2 pick if that was the case and not taken Clowney.
Not true. They would have wasted little time and took Clowney. Either Michael Silver or Jim Thomas reported this.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Would have been interesting had Clowney fell to us...

Now that the first round is in the books, I can't help but think this worked out for the best.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
There's something seriously wrong with that team. On one hand they have a lot of good players on both sides of the ball yet they never get above the 7-8, 8-8 range.

EJ Manuel to Sammy Watkins w/ CJ Spiller/Fred Jackson sounds awesome. They have an underrated OL. Their DL is top notch. LBs are OK (aside from Kiko), and have a decent secondary. Yet for some reason come December, they'll be talking about teh draft. Again.

paceram

Pro Bowler

You're probably right. And, as much as I have enjoyed seeing the Rams get the Redskins #1 picks these past few years and to keep getting additional #1 picks would have been nice BUT I am much happier with Greg Robinson (Quality over Quantity!)!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I wanted Watkins... but had we not had 2 #1 picks playing DE, I might have wanted Clowney over Watkins (though Clowney's character/attitude red flags scare me)

That said, I remain very pleasantly surprised at Robinson's great attitude so far. A lot of the biggest busts in the draft have been because of lousy attitude.

Last edited: