Bills signed G Chris Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Bills signed G Chris Williams to a four-year, $13.5 million contract with $5.5 million guaranteed.

The move is a head scratcher after Williams graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 74 guard among 81 qualifiers in 2013, and finished 76th in pass blocking. The Rams wanted him back, but certainly not at this price. Buffalo ostensibly plans to pencil in Williams at left guard, which was a gaping hole following Andy Levitre's 2013 departure. Williams turns 29 before next season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/284818/bills-land-g-williams-on-4-year-$135m-deal

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Buffalo ostensibly plans to pencil in Williams at left guard, which was a gaping hole following Andy Levitre's 2013 departure.

Hate to tell them, but it's still going to be a gaping hole with Williams.

Alan

Legend
What does this say about the relative worth of the remaining FA guards available?
upload_2014-3-12_11-31-52.jpeg

Alan

Legend
BigRamFan confirming the bad news:
It says that the draft is now officially the place to find your OGs.
That should be no problem. 2 guards, an OT, plus depth. Not to mention FS, CB and OLB. Piece of pie.:) :cry:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
That should be no problem. 2 guards, an OT, plus depth. Not to mention FS, CB and OLB. Piece of pie.:) :cry:
I agree that's a lot for one draft but if the option is paying the likes of Chris Williams $13.5M over four years it seems to be the lessor of two evils.

Alan

Legend
BigRamFan downsizing my expectations:
I agree that's a lot for one draft but if the option is paying the likes of Chris Williams $13.5M over four years it seems to be the lessor of two evils.
We could have signed Schwartz. I don't consider that an evil.

It might be a good thing long term but right now I have to deal with the thought that a playoff run is probably out of the question this year. I'm seriously bummed.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

It might be a good thing long term but right now I have to deal with the thought that a playoff run is probably out of the question this year. I'm seriously bummed.

Buck up Rams Bro we have options in FA, Davin Joseph is visiting and we still have the draft and the best coach em up Oline coach in the world

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

No so fast on jumping off the playoff train there Brother, we've still got the draft ahead of us and who knows who else becomes available for depth.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I thank him for his service with the Rams and I wish him well. But so glad he's gone. Bust for the Bears and not much better here. If he's starting or even a prominent backup for a team than that line sucks. All he did was show up for 16 games. His nickname should be " Placeholder".

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Maybe our best option would be trading out of the top 10 and stocking up on picks.

jap

Legend
I mean, if Coach Bou could only get so far with him, what do the Bills expect to accomplish? o_O

Alan

Legend
blackbart having the good sense to use blue ink:
Buck up Rams Bro we have options in FA, Davin Joseph is visiting and we still have the draft and the best coach em up Oline coach in the world
:LOL: :sick: :LOL:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Will the last interior lineman out please turn off the light?

Alan

Legend
BigRamFan forgetting about jumping the playoff bus:
No so fast on jumping off the playoff train there Brother, we've still got the draft ahead of us and who knows who else becomes available for depth.
I would never jump off a train Big, nighttrain would probably never forgive me. Probably piss on my grave the bastard.
I prefer to do the honorable thing.
samurai-suicide-smiley-emoticon.gif