Bills hire Rex Ryan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-rex-ryan-as-head-coach#news-article-comments

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday morning that the Buffalo Bills are expected to make Ryan their new coach, per sources involved in the situation. The Bills have offered, and Ryan is planning to accept.

In Buffalo, Ryan will lead an already dominant defense, with pass rushers that will mesh well with his style. However, questions at quarterback persist, which is what sank him during his tenure with the New York Jets.

NFL Media's Kimberly Jones reports that the proposed deal is for five years, who also adds Jets defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman is expected to join Ryan in the same position.

As one of the best minds in football, Ryan will mesh well with the personnel in Buffalo. The defensive line of Marcell Dareus, Mario Williams, Kyle Williamsand Jerry Hughes, is among the best in the NFL. And Buffalo's secondary is better than Ryan was working with the last few years in New York.

Ryan's former confidant and defensive coordinator Mike Pettine led to the Billsdefensive turnaround two years ago, so switching back from a 4-3 to a 3-4 scheme shouldn't be a problem in Western New York.

The biggest question for Ryan will now be the quarterback situation.

Ryan compiled a 46-50 record with the Jets. His team failures were mostly due to struggling quarterback play from young signal callers Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith. Now he'll likely be saddled with another young, inconsistent and unproven quarterback in EJ Manuel.

Who Ryan brings in at offensive coordinator will be key to watch. Rapoport reported Saturday that Ryan wants to team up with former Bears coach -- and noted quarterback whisperer-Marc Trestman. Another name to watch is Niners offensive coordinator Greg Roman, per Rapoport.

Ryan's marriage with Buffalo seems odd, given what he's went through the last few years in New York.

However, there is no doubt the union will make the AFC East even more entertaining (if that's possible). Not only will Ryan face Bill Belichick's rings twice a year, he'll also have two grudge matches a season with the Jets.

iced

I'd share a convo from my best friend who is a bills fan in regards to this - but I'm pretty sure the curse word filter would render it unreadable

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The defense will be nasty.
Mark Sanchez a fa? Hmmm

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Buffalo is a good team and it seems like a good fit.

No first round draft pick, however.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Stupid hire. They have arguably the best 4-3 in all of football, and they hire a coach whose base formation is 3-4? Remind me how Jerry Hughes did as a rush linebacker in Indy's 3-4 system? What about Mario Williams?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd share a convo from my best friend who is a bills fan in regards to this - but I'm pretty sure the curse word filter would render it unreadable
We're all adults here, share it lol

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Stupid hire. They have arguably the best 4-3 in all of football, and they hire a coach whose base formation is 3-4? Remind me how Jerry Hughes did as a rush linebacker Indy's 3-4 system? What about Mario Williams?
Yeah I'm not sure what they were thinking but people are blowing up the radio here. One guy went off on a tangent and they had to cut him off because he swore a few times hahaha

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yeah I'm not sure what they were thinking but people are blowing up the radio here. One guy went off on a tangent and they had to cut him off because he swore a few times hahaha

Yeah. No wonder why the Cheatriots win so much; they play in the worst division in all of football.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah. No wonder why the Cheatriots win so much; they play in the worst division in all of football.
Well it's just like the Colts. They basically only have to win 6 or 7 games because they're guaranteed to go at least 5-1 in the division.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Look for Greg Roman to end up in Buffalo, now.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Rex must have wanted any job.He can flat coach a defense, but he still has no QB and slim chance of getting one. If nothing else he sells newspapers.

FRO

Legend
I guess he felt Atlanta was out. He has shown no ability to develop a QB. Manuel isn't the guy. There are no guys in the draft. If I were him I would take Matt Ryan and company and build the defense. A guy like him should be looking for an established offense, because he can't develop one.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm shocked, but Rexy Loves New York now can stick to the Jets twice a year. Would be ironic if the Jets hire Doug Marrone, however, IMO I think the Jets could hire Gary Kubiak...Just a gut feeling.

The guy I feel somewhat sorry for is Jim Schwartz who coordinated one heck of a defense and now is out the Redskins should pounce on Jim Schwartz!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I guess he felt Atlanta was out. He has shown no ability to develop a QB. Manuel isn't the guy. There are no guys in the draft. If I were him I would take Matt Ryan and company and build the defense. A guy like him should be looking for an established offense, because he can't develop one.

True, but maybe the Falcons were not interested or kept wanting to search for somebody else. IMO Rex is a better fit for a small market, he bring some sizzle to WNY and warm it up plus that defense will even be better, but I concur the offense will be Dan Carpenter and not much else.

Memento

Name
Jemma
True, but maybe the Falcons were not interested or kept wanting to search for somebody else. IMO Rex is a better fit for a small market, he bring some sizzle to WNY and warm it up plus that defense will even be better, but I concur the offense will be Dan Carpenter and not much else.

Well, they have pieces of an offense. They just don't have a quarterback.

iced

We're all adults here, share it lol

lol k

iced:
hahahaha
rex ryan lol
what a bad move

Bills fan:
The worst
Can't believe this

iced:
really gonna be “towing” the line with ryan

Bills fan:
My fucking phone blew up with texts, alerts.... Fucking blows

iced:
so what drink are you on? lol (8:56 am)

Bills fan:
Dude He better hire the best fucking OC in history
I literally put baileys in my coffee

iced:
he'll bring trestman if he can
LOL
hahahaha

Bills fan:
Such bull shit man
I fucking hate Rex Ryan
lol
UHAOGHKSHGKHKLS:HL:KHGKLSHG

iced:
Lolol
oh man
lol

Bills fan:
$20 we lose Mario Williams or Kyle Williams this offseason

iced:
is it betting if we're in agreement? lol

Bills fan:
no lol
OHHHH I HATE MY TEAM's DECISIONS
omg i'm going to drink

his fb post was the first thing i read this morning lol
Rex Ryan???? NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Now when the Bills lose I get to see his ugly mug making ridiculous comments. Maybe He'll get a tattoo of his wife wearing an Ej Manuel Jersey.

wQg06LtE9ig.png
feeling pissed off.