Bills fear LB Kiko Alonso Tore ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ls-linebacker-kiko-alonso-suffers-knee-injury

Kiko Alonso was a revelation last season as a rookie linebacker for the Buffalo Bills. His status for the 2014 season now appears in doubt.

The Bills released a statement Tuesday night that Alonso injured his knee while working out in Oregon.

"We do not have the details at this point, but early indications are that it may be significant," Bills general manager Doug Whaley said.

The very existence of this statement is a terrible sign for Alonso. Teams don't release vague statements late on a Tuesday night in July unless there is expectation of a serious issue. Alonso already underwent surgery to his hip this offseason, and his return to the field was already unclear.

The Bills were expected to move Alonso to weak-side linebacker this season, with free agent pickupBrandon Spikes in the middle. Nigel Bradham is the most likely candidate to replace Alonso.

Buffalo has decent linebacker depth with third-round pick Preston Brown a candidate for passing downs, but losing Alonso would be a signficant blow to their loaded defensive front seven. The Billsalso lost defensive coordinator Mike Pettine in the offseason, and have changed their scheme with new coordinator Jim Schwartz in town.

This is a team that needs its defense to lead the way. Playing without Alonso would make that a lot tougher.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
That's a shame. Alonso is a good player, and I want the Bills to beat the piss out of the Pats twice a year.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Too bad for Alonso. He was a big part of a up and coming front 7. Hate to hear this about anybody

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Really, that post was inappropriate? I think he was just joking around fellas :(

Sucks for the Bills he was going to be a big part of there D this year. I too want to see the Bills beat on the Pats.