Bills DC Jim Schwartz asked players to carry him off the field

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Egotistical or a perfectly normal request? What do you think?
--------------------------------------------------
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nted-to-be-carried-off-and-thats-what-he-got/

Schwartz wanted to be carried off, and that’s what he got
Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2014

schwartz.jpg
AP

Former Lions coach Jim Schwartz returned to Detroit on Sunday in the first season after his firing, as the defensive coordinator of the Bills. And Schwartz left on the shoulders of a pair of his players.

Apparently, that’s what he wanted. According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, Schwartz told his players during offseason workouts that he’d like to be carried off after beating the Lions at Ford Field.

“He said that once he plays his former team that he wanted to be carried off and chant and have fun, and we just tried to make a dream come true,” Bills linebacker Randell Johnson said.

As Birkett points out, Schwartz played it cool for the public about returning to Detroit. To his players, Schwartz was cranked up.

“He was excited,” Johnson said. “He was eager for this game, he was ready for this game, probably this whole season.”

The win moves the Buffalo season in the right direction, pushing the team to 3-2 and ending a two-game losing streak.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ips-jim-schwartz-for-being-carried-off-field/

Golden Taint rips Jim Schwartz for being carried off field
Posted by Mike Florio on October 7, 2014

schwartz1.jpg
Getty Images

Via The Big Lead, receiver Golden Taint had this to say on WMGC-FM in Detroit: “It’s a terrible gesture. It was planned? That’s a total douche move.”

Taint added, “Hopefully they feel good about the Rudy moment that they had.”

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Someone should ask Taint if sleeping with Russell Wilson's wife while he was a shecock would be considered a classy move.

STFU Taint.

jjab360

Legend
Someone should ask Taint if sleeping with Russell Wilson's wife while he was a shecock would be considered a classy move.

STFU Taint.
It's true that Taint is a super douchebag, but he's right about Schwartz being a douche, too. I guess it takes a douche to know a douche?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It would have been something if one of those players who carried him off the field had suffered a serious injury. What would Rob Ryan's players say if he made the same request? :sick:

Btw Taint has denied all the allegations against him concerning Wilson's wife. So there's that.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
It would have been something if one of those players who carried him off the field had suffered a serious injury. What would Rob Ryan's players say if he made the same request? :sick:

Btw Taint has denied all the allegations against him concerning Wilson's wife. So there's that.

o_O:LOL::LOL::LOL:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man oh man ... that's super lame. Choreographing your own carry-off?
I guess for his next win he's already orchestrated an impromptu gatorade dousing.

Douche is an understatement...

Philly5

Rookie
He said it during offseason workouts. Probably for some sort of motivation. I don't have a problem if the players remembered. Taint should shut up.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I guess it' was to make up for the 0 times he got carried off in Detroit. Douche for sure!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Schwartz is a douche. That was obvious when he was in Detroit. Harbawwwww is a douche too but in their little spat, he looked a lot less douchey...which says a lot.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
There's a whole lot of douche in this thread

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Favorite comments from the gang over at PFT

It’s weird how petty even successful people can be. We humans are a weird bunch.
----------
Nothing wrong with celebrating a victory, but show a little class.
-----------
May the Schwartz be with you…
----------
Just do every one a favor and carry him off into the sunset.
---------
Lions fan here. If this is true (because the audacity of it is almost impossible to believe), then Jim Schwartz is one huge tool. You know, like the guy you avoid at work.
---------
This alone settles any doubts about whether the Lions should have gotten rid of him.
---------
Oh Schwartz…It’s that whole ‘Napoleon Complex’ thing.
--------
isn’t this kinda like demanding your significant other throw you a surprise birthday party and then you give them the exact time and way in which you want to be surprised? lame
--------
If Taint wants to talk about Douche moves…he should look no further then how Peter Carroll celebrated like a 22 year old after the Fail Mary ruling…
--------
Golden Taint is afraid to get hit. Ran out of bounds Sunday like a nancy boy.
--------
He wanted to be carried so Caldwell couldn’t slap him in the back Harbaugh-style.
--------
Douche may be a bit strong, but really really lame certainly fits.
--------
Rudy Schwartz says “Getting these guys to carry me off the field was easy compared trying to get my family to give me cards and gifts on Father’s Day.”.
--------
Hulk Hogan said it was premeditated too.all the way back to 1994……..Has the NFL become scripted wrestling now !!!!
--------
The NFL frowns upon pre-planned celebrations.
--------
Apparently they’re still carrying him around because he refuses to get down.
-------
Even Stalin, Mussolini, and Chairman Mao, were rolling their eyes over that “spontaneous display of affection”.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
It is pretty lame, makes you wonder if he got enough attention as a child.

Taint can just shut up though, pot, kettle.