Bills Cut Thad Lewis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Thad Lewis - QB - Free Agent
Bills released QB Thad Lewis.
Lewis was the heavy favorite for No. 2 duties heading into spring. But he ended up completing 17-of-33 passes for 168 yards, zero touchdowns, and two interceptions, while taking three sacks this preseason. His passer rating was a pitiful 41.0. The Bills signed QB Jordan Palmer on Monday to compete with Jeff Tuel for the backup job. Lewis had a bad summer after making five 2013 starts.
Related: Bills
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Aug 26 - 9:05 AM

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Lewis was the heavy favorite for No. 2 duties heading into spring. But he ended up completing 17-of-33 passes for 168 yards, zero touchdowns, and two interceptions, while taking three sacks this preseason. His passer rating was a pitiful 41.0. The Bills signed QB Jordan Palmer on Monday to compete with Jeff Tuel for the backup job. Lewis had a bad summer after making five 2013 starts.
Being cut isn't great but being replaced by Jordan Palmer is worse.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Was sad when we let him go. I still think he can develop into a good backup, but at this point, he probably has no more value than Gilbert.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
I liked watching Thad play when he was a Ram. He picked up the Playbook easily and kept his eyes down field ready to make a vertical pass. He was also able to play an uptempo no huddle game if I recall. I wish him well.

Irish

Starter
Thad looked good in Shurmurs system, that accented young QBs strengths and covered up weaknesses. I wonder if he would have success playing for a guy like Schotty

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was one who loved Thad Lewis, however, time to post that Clemens, Hill and maybe even our very own Austin Davis are better and IMO unless a QB falls in the Rams lap they will keep the three healthy signal callers they currently have.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis