Bill Polian Fired...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Just announced on NFL network. Would love to see him in St. Louis. Proven winner at multiple stops. I think he should be #1 on Stan's list. What do you think?

Lesson

Oh, really?
No. Please no.

He rode Peyton. He didn't put a great team around him.

steferfootball

Starter
Lesson said:
No. Please no.

I partially disagree.

His past 4-5 years have been bad, yes.

However this is the same guy who put the prices in place for the Bills during their run. They were 4 games from being one of the best dynasties of all time.

Then he jumped started the Expansion Panthers really well.

He also put together a really good team in Indy - I think the past 4-5 years have just been general dysfunction. I think a new start could be great for him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
steferfootball said:
Lesson said:
No. Please no.

I partially disagree.

His past 4-5 years have been bad, yes.

However this is the same guy who put the prices in place for the Bills during their run. They were 4 games from being one of the best dynasties of all time.

Then he jumped started the Expansion Panthers really well.

He also put together a really good team in Indy - I think the past 4-5 years have just been general dysfunction. I think a new start could be great for him.

I think Polian helped keep the colts viable for the past 10 years. Yes he rode Peyton a lot, but he did seem to find good players even though the colts usually drafted in the lower half of the rounds. He seems to have good success from UDFAs and lower round picks and stays away from taking up salary cap space with big name big $$$ free agents.

He took a lot of heat this year when the team fell apart after Peyton went down. But I think a lot of it was unwarranted. Yes they should have had a better option at back up, but at what cost. How much money would he have needed to spend to come up with a backup that could do even a fraction of what Peyton would do for that offense. JMHO.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Isn't he like 70? Does he even want to this again...

Get young blood!!!

steferfootball

Starter
Angry Ram said:
Isn't he like 70? Does he even want to this again...

Get young blood!!!
Certainly a consideration. I heard we are after a young GM and an established HC.