Bill Paxton, dead at 61

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Apollo13_bluray.jpg

http://people.com/movies/bill-paxton-dead-complications-surgery-age-61/

Actor Bill Paxton has died due to complications from surgery, People magazine reported.

He was 61.

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” a family representative said in a statement. “A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker. Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable. We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

Paxton, born in Forth Worth, Texas, had a long and accomplished

career in television and film. Memorable films include “Titanic,” “Aliens,” “The Terminator,” “Tombstone,” “Apollo 13” and “Twister.”

He was also featured in many television shows, including the lead in

HBO’s “Big Love,” the “Hatfield & McCoys." He was most recently cast in the CBS drama "Training Day."

Paxton is survived by his second wife, Louise Newbury, a son, James, 22, and daughter, Lydia, 19

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wow. What was he having surgery for.

The first roll I remember him playing, was older brother Chet in Wierd Science.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow. What was he having surgery for.

The first roll I remember him playing, was older brother Chet in Wierd Science.

Yeah, I'm sure we'll hear more about the surgery. Not sure what it was?

I always liked him as an actor. Apollo 13 was a good character. Many others.

RIP

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I'm suddenly extremely sad. He was one of my favorites.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Apollo13_bluray.jpg

http://people.com/movies/bill-paxton-dead-complications-surgery-age-61/

Actor Bill Paxton has died due to complications from surgery, People magazine reported.

He was 61.

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” a family representative said in a statement. “A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker. Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable. We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

Paxton, born in Forth Worth, Texas, had a long and accomplished

career in television and film. Memorable films include “Titanic,” “Aliens,” “The Terminator,” “Tombstone,” “Apollo 13” and “Twister.”

He was also featured in many television shows, including the lead in

HBO’s “Big Love,” the “Hatfield & McCoys." He was most recently cast in the CBS drama "Training Day."

Paxton is survived by his second wife, Louise Newbury, a son, James, 22, and daughter, Lydia, 19
WOW!! Huge surprise! Sad Loss! He has a New TV Series that just started on CBS a few weeks ago, 'Training Day'! Base on the movie of the same name! It was Good!

Edit; As a side note, about his "New Series" they have aired 3 or 4 episodes and in there week 8 episode Paxton's real life son (22 years Old) is in it!

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
The first movie I saw him in

wp-image-1783546127png.png

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
"They're coming outta the goddam walls!"

Bloody love the Alien films. He was excellent as Private Hudson. Funny how some celebrity deaths completely pass you by whereas others make you stop and think. This is definitely one of the latter for me.

It was the same with Sir John Hurt recently. Again, there's the link to the Alien franchise but he also did the voice for a character in a short animated film that both of my daughters absolutely adore.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
R.I.P Bill Paxton:(

Loved him in Aliens as Pvt. Hudson! Here's some quotes...

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art! You do not want to fuck with me. Check it out. Hey Ripley! Don't you worry, me and my squad of ultimate bad-asses will protect you. Check it out, independently targeting particle-beam phalanx. Whap! You can fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase plasma pulse rifles, and we got sonic electronic ball-breakers! We got nukes, knives, sharp sticks..."

"Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our asses kicked, pal!"

"That's great. That's just fucking great, man! Now what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man! Game's over man, game's fucking over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?"

"Come on! Come and get it! Come on! Let's go, yeah! YEAH! Come on! Come and get it, bastards! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? Take it! Yeah, fuck you!"

"Hey, Vasquez, you ever been mistaken for a man?"

"Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!"

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"How's about a greezy pork sandwich served in a dirty ash tray"
RIP Pax, truly a man of a million roles, and great in every one