Bill O'Brien

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Rumors persist that he and GM Smith don't see eye to eye and he could be out even if they win tomorrow. I have liked what he's done without at QB and the team plays with a lot of resolve. Impressive credentials. What interest would there be if he's out in Houston?

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Well...I dont know what kind of defense he would install here. Their GM (Rick Smith) has drafted well, but like us, Smith is not very good at getting good FAs (see Brock Osweiler). But is that the GM or HC's final say???

What I do get from O'Brien (at least when I hear him speak) is that he is a no nonsense kind of coach and would be more of a disciplinarian. You see his teams are competitive.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well...I dont know what kind of defense he would install here. Their GM (Rick Smith) has drafted well, but like us, Smith is not very good at getting good FAs (see Brock Osweiler). But is that the GM or HC's final say???

What I do get from O'Brien (at least when I hear him speak) is that he is a no nonsense kind of coach and would be more of a disciplinarian. You see his teams are competitive.

The GM. The word on the street is that the bad relationship is due to Smith forcing Osweiler on O'Brien.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I don't get the whole disciplinarian obssession. I mean that approach can work I guess, but it's not like everyone has to fear for their jobs to be motivated/dedicated football players. There's a lot of different approaches to leadership and too much discipline can ruin a teams morale really fast too. I think we need something in between the country club atmosphere of Fisher and a hard nosed disciplinarian.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't get the whole disciplinarian obssession. I mean that approach can work I guess, but it's not like everyone has to fear for their jobs to be motivated/dedicated football players. There's a lot of different approaches to leadership and too much discipline can ruin a teams morale really fast too. I think we need something in between the country club atmosphere of Fisher and a hard nosed disciplinarian.
Disciplinarian is more about order and respect than fear. You don't have to be hard on guys but you have to hold them accountable for getting their jobs done. But yes Balance is key

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
And I guess that is what I meant. He seems more in the middle.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
The GM. The word on the street is that the bad relationship is due to Smith forcing Osweiler on O'Brien.
That is what I kinda thought because their draft picks seem to have good results on the field i.e DeAndre Hopkins, JJ Watt, Fuller, etc.)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Whiffing on a QB is a great way for someone to get fired. I would think the guy to get the axe is the one who wanted to overpay the F out of Osweiler, but if the GM has the owner convinced the head coach refused to give him a fair shake anything could happen.

Obrien has benefitted from a very easy division, so if they do fire him there's plenty of rationale to do so. But if I were the owner that GM would go due to that FA acquisition alone. If you're gonna chase a big name with my money, you'd better hit. Plain and simple IMO.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
As a Penn State fan, im quite biased, but I'd love to have Obrien as a HC. I think hes done a great job without good qb play, even if the division is weak.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I have nothing against him but I haven't seen enough to want him here. If the Texans were in any other division, they wouldn't have made the playoffs the last couple years and their record would be similar to ours.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have nothing against him but I haven't seen enough to want him here. If the Texans were in any other division, they wouldn't have made the playoffs the last couple years and their record would be similar to ours.

To be fair, if the Texans gave him anything to work with at QB, they'd probably be a really good football team. He got quality play out of Fitzpatrick and Hoyer.(even got Brandon Weeden to look halfway decent) This year, he got what he could out of Osweiler. They've had top defenses each year he was there as well.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I think I'd be more on board with this than any of the other New England names we here

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How can you not like a Head Coach that said the "Fu*Kers on National Television.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
LOL, I remember that and still dont get why he said it. I feel like that is a more negative term. very funny none-the-less

He's from the heart of Boston and he meant they were BAMF!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If we hire McDaniels or Patricia for HC I hope O'brien is fired so we can hire him as OC. Would make sense yea?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If we hire McDaniels or Patricia for HC I hope O'brien is fired so we can hire him as OC. Would make sense yea?

He would be a Head Coach again either in college or at the NFL level.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Nah. As Den said, he'd get a HC job.