Bill Cowher plans to eventually return to NFL coaching

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
By Dan Hanzus
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... l-coaching

[nfl]09000d5d828ee587[/nfl]

It's coming up on six full NFL seasons since Bill Cowher ended his long run as coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Appearing Tuesday at an event to promote CBS' coverage of Super Bowl XLVII, Cowher acknowledged he plans to eventually return to the sideline.

"It would be a challenge," Cowher told Neil Best of Newsday. "But I think that's probably why I would get back into it, because of the challenge."

Cowher, 55, dismissed the idea the game has changed too much for him to still succeed.

"I did it for 27 years," he said. "You don't just forget things overnight. One thing about this job is it's been really good because it allows me to study the game and do features on the game. ... It's not like I'm out of it. I know how the game is changing."

We believe him on that. Cowher hasn't been growing an impressive beard in some remote jungle since the mid-aughts. He's been sitting in a studio, talking about the NFL, pretending to laugh at Shannon Sharpe jokes.

That said, each year away from the game pulls Cowher further off the NFL radar. Five years ago, Cowher was the dream target for any NFL franchise looking for a reboot. Now? Not so much.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So he wants to coach but turning down interviews.

I think he's just waiting for the Giants to move from Coughlin.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Vermeil could bounce back after such a layoff... Cowher has no where near the rust.

I worry the longer he's away... the fire to do it burns out.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:
If Vermeil could bounce back after such a layoff... Cowher has no where near the rust.

I worry the longer he's away... the fire to do it burns out.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah but I don't think it ever goes away, but at 55 the long hours start catching up to you ,you need more sleep etc. but the rest of the league don't care how old you are,he may be waiting for Tomlin to fizzle so he can go back for a second go with the Steelers.