Bill Callahan won’t re-sign with Cowboys before talking with other teams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JCK363

Behind Enemy Lines
Name
John
Anyone think he could be an option?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-with-cowboys-before-talking-to-other-teams/

The Cowboys kept head coach Jason Garrett and defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli off the open market by signing them to new contracts on Tuesday, but it doesn’t look like they’ll be able to do the same with offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Bill Callahan.

According to multiple reports, Callahan won’t re-sign with the Cowboys during their exclusive negotiating window and will explore other opportunities. There have been reports of interest from the Browns and Jaguars about interviewing Callahan for their offensive coordinator openings and more teams could join the fray as the coaching carousel spins with the hiring of new head coaches around the league.

Callahan had his play calling duties stripped from him after the 2013 season and was barred from interviewing with other teams last year because the Cowboys wanted to keep him on board. Callahan was reportedly interested in finding work elsewhere at that point, which makes it no great surprise to hear that he’s looking outside Dallas now.

Passing game coordinator Scott Linehan, who took over as play caller, is also out of contract and the Cowboys are trying to keep him on board. While the offensive line would miss one of the league’s highly regarded position coaches if Callahan leaves, holding onto Linehan should keep the train rolling on offense in Dallas.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Callahan to the RAMS as OC? Anyone... anyone? Bueller... Bueller? :ROFLMAO:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He did an excellent job fixing the Cowboys O-line. I dunno what system he runs but I think he's the best option for us with regards to our O-line woes

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Why? He'd be a great option was a great OC with the Raiders under Gruden Offensive Line Coach background which is a plus and IMO would be a good match with Fisher. I just hope Fisher is open to conversing with him.

Plus @Memphis Ram had mentioned Callahan as an option as well.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I thought Bourdeau was highly reguarded as offensive a line coach? I know it hasn't shown this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I thought for sure Fish would interview him, like I mentioned before it surprises me he's not on the radar.

Could mean all sorts of things. Maybe Fish is hell bent on Shanny. Or maybe he's waiting for Chud, although if that was the case he would have requested officially to interview him by now I would think. Maybe the way Callahan was demoted Fish knows something we don't, although his offense did pretty good against our defense the previous year.

More I think of it, the more I think Fish is in Shanny or bust mode. That has to be it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...on-redskins-hire-bill-callahan-to-coach-oline

Washington Redskins hire Bill Callahan to coach O-line

The Redskins have hired the former Cowboys offensive coordinator to coach Washington's offensive line, the team announced Wednesday. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Callahan signed a three-year deal, according to a source informed of the situation.
Callahan was set to leave Dallas after the team promoted Scott Linehan to the coordinator role on Thursday.

The Cowboys' loss is Washington's gain. Callahan -- who doubled as the Dallas O-line coach -- is one of the NFL's top assistants, praised by many for building Tony Romo's front five into one of the league's finest in 2014.

The Redskins could use Callahan's help after allowing a whopping 58 sacks this season, second most in the league. Callahan's link to Jay Gruden is clear after spending four seasons with Jon Gruden as an assistant with the Oakland Raiders. He later went on to a successful stint with the New York Jets.

After nabbing Scot McCloughan as general manager and adding Callahan to the fray, this is shaping up as a nice offseason for a team desperately in need of hope.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fine hire for the Skins. He is a very good OL coach.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
offensive line coach
This is what I heard.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...on-redskins-hire-bill-callahan-to-coach-oline

Washington Redskins hire Bill Callahan to coach O-line

The Redskins have hired the former Cowboys offensive coordinator to coach Washington's offensive line, the team announced Wednesday. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Callahan signed a three-year deal, according to a source informed of the situation.
Callahan was set to leave Dallas after the team promoted Scott Linehan to the coordinator role on Thursday.

The Cowboys' loss is Washington's gain. Callahan -- who doubled as the Dallas O-line coach -- is one of the NFL's top assistants, praised by many for building Tony Romo's front five into one of the league's finest in 2014.

The Redskins could use Callahan's help after allowing a whopping 58 sacks this season, second most in the league. Callahan's link to Jay Gruden is clear after spending four seasons with Jon Gruden as an assistant with the Oakland Raiders. He later went on to a successful stint with the New York Jets.

After nabbing Scot McCloughan as general manager and adding Callahan to the fray, this is shaping up as a nice offseason for a team desperately in need of hope.
This could come back to bit Dallas in the ass. I Hope!, I hope!, I Hope!! :D