Biggest need at this point?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am just curious what you are all thinking is the biggest personnel need on the field right now.

Preseason I thought LBer, or a true shutdown corner and free safety.

Now I think Center and Guard top my list.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Been banging that drum all year. Imo our OL next year should be:

LT Robinson
LG Rookie/FA
C Barnes/Wells/Rookie
RG Saffold
RT Barksdale

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
SERIOUSLY!!!

We need a new stadium. Teams with new stadiums have remarkably improved records. Now, I'm not saying the league fixes things or anything :cautious:, but teams with new stadiums somehow seem to justify those shiny new buildings.

So, I'm banging the drum for our newest draft pick, #01, New Stadium!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What John Gruden said about Austin Davis before the game applies to the entire team: "Learn how to play both halves." The Rams don't seem to have that killer instinct that is needed to put a team away when they're on the ropes. The Cowboys game being a classic example. They also need to learn how not to fall apart when things don't go their way. There are ebbs and flows in every game. A good coaching staff and veteran leadership knows how to stay balanced. We don't have seem to have that right now.

RamzFanz

Damnit
We need Hill and we need to lose Schotty. Dude sucks. I'm not going to lecture, but that game was a offense play calling hot mess.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At some point we need to look at the coaching. How well do you think some of the young players we have would be playing if they were under better coaches. They have the talent, but don't progress as well as players on other teams.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At some point we need to look at the coaching. How well do you think some of the young players we have would be playing if they were under better coaches. They have the talent, but don't progress as well as players on other teams.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
On Offense
Center
Left Tackle
Blocking TE to replace Kendricks, I never have and never will understand all the love he gets. He's small, slow and has hands of stone and his blocking ability is extremely overrated.

On defense

Will Linebacker
Middle Linebacker
Free Safety

I know JL is a popular player and I like him a lot as a person, great character and leadership but he's a disaster in coverage and Dunbar is even worse. We need a couple complete linebackers that can do everything we need them to do. I'm getting tired of watching TE's and backs running free with no one near them and then seeing Dunbar or JL chasing 10 yards behind.

Sappy113

Rookie
Damn, you said "on field personnel".

In that case, I'll say QB and Center for O, Safety and a shutdown MLB for D.

But really, I think what we need the most is a new coaching staff. I'm past believing any influx of players will make a huge difference. We have good enough players to win.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
How bout an evenly called game, if the refs would penalize the Rams opponents for holding the Rams would have them in long down and distance all game. The Rams just arent good enough to beat the guys in the black and white stripes.

V3

Hall of Fame
OL on offense.

On defense, MLB, OLB, and maybe NT and CB

Philly5

Rookie
If we think we got the talent, it might be coaching.

I am going to say some smart players. Seems like we are making big time mental mistakes that are costing games. We have enough athletic and dumb. How about some smart and gritty?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
We need to learn how to win. Never underestimate how important that can be for a team.
So true. Losing becomes a "disease" which is hard to overcome. I'm not sure this team will ever find what it takes to win. I'm not sure Fisher can change the culture either.

Rams0307

We need to upgrade Center and MLB in the draft. Those two positions concern me the most. But I'm hoping we make the offensive line a point of emphasis this draft and take both a Center and a Guard in the first 4 rounds.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I hate to be typing this, but I think you need a coach like Harbaugh or Carrol or, God help me, Belichick.

Not that I'd want those exact guys, but somebody who's had success who will come in and impose their will on the team and put them in a position to be able to succeed. It's going to have to be an extreme philosophical shift to change this culture of losing.

I know players love playing for Fisher. Unfortunately they haven't won much for him over his career.

Athos

Legend
Goodell fired. His paid off refs locked in prison for basically shaving points.

Unhackable, sentient robots calling the game who really just love football and have no bias.