Biggest key to the game Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
has to be stopping the run. If we get gashed like we did last week, I dont know how we can win this game.

Carolina won't stop running the ball. Time for JL, Dunbar, and Tree to step up and make their impact felt!

nighttrain

Legend
i'd say putting pressure on Newton, when hurried and hit, he starts making TO's
train

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm thinking our running game is the key. If we can't sustain a decent running game, their front 7 may destroy Sam.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
FrantikRam said:
has to be stopping the run. If we get gashed like we did last week, I dont know how we can win this game.

Carolina won't stop running the ball. Time for JL, Dunbar, and Tree to step up and make their impact felt!

My take was a lot of those big runs came outside of DE Robert Quinn's Right side area of assignment.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We have to stop the run... from their RBs and Neuter. If we force them to try and beat us with Neuter throwing... we'll cut their balls off.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I hope that's not true, as they have the third best run defense in the league.

I think we can squeak out a win so long as we don't let them run on us like the Texans.

Seriously, the Texas game was close in the first half if not for the turnovers, and I just don't expect 3 to 4 turnovers in the Rams favor every game.

But even if we do get those turnovers, we relied on our power run game, which I don't expect to be anywhere near as strong. So our defense really needs to get good.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
BonifayRam said:
FrantikRam said:

My take was a lot of those big runs came outside of DE Robert Quinn's Right side area of assignment.
There were a lot of runs to Quinn's side.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Selassie I said:
We have to stop the run... from their RBs and Neuter. If we force them to try and beat us with Neuter throwing... we'll cut their balls off.

I see what you did there.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Zaphod said:
BonifayRam said:
FrantikRam said:

I was upset with the constant ease in which the Texans could move Quinn inside over & over again then Eugene Sims came in for Quinn & in two straight run plays right & Sims had back to back stops. The first one was was several yards lost.

I still have heart burn with Quinn's inability to stop those run plays at him. While Ram fans heap an all pro stamp seal of approval upon him.

fearsomefour

Legend
BonifayRam said:
Zaphod said:
BonifayRam said:
FrantikRam said:

I was upset with the constant ease in which the Texans could move Quinn inside over & over again then Eugene Sims came in for Quinn & in two straight run plays right & Sims had back to back stops. The first one was was several yards lost.

I still have heart burn with Quinn's inability to stop those run plays at him. While Ram fans heap an all pro stamp seal of approval upon him.

I agree. I just wonder if it is skill vs. will with Quinn....or maybe the coaches have told him his job is to get the QB and thats it. If it were up to me there would be more Sims in rotation. Sacks get all the attention but the guy has to be fundamentally sound to be worth a ton to me.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
BonifayRam said:
Zaphod said:
BonifayRam said:
FrantikRam said:

I recall seeing, on two separate occasions, Quinn making an inside move. On one he did end of being out of position but I do not believe it was because he was moved, more him pursuing in the wrong lane for that particular play.